+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Corbyn Was More Principled Than Sir Bier Canute

Corbyn Was More Principled Than Sir Bier Canute

Never agreed with him but I admire principled folk who you may not agree with .

Same goes for the likes Benn,Thatcher highly principled not always followed.

Sir Bier , well he's swimming down to the swamp before it's drained .

I am beginning to think this Elfthicky woman is part of a trojan horse plot ??

Re: Corbyn Was More Principled Than Sir Bier Canute

Changing someone's name to make a terrible half joke about something has to be about the lowest form of discourse that exists today, it is invariably terrible. I can't recall a single example of it that wasn't extremely cringe.
    Even the Ronaldo and Messi fanboy morons who insist on using Pessi and Penaldo know to make their names make at least some kind of sense though. What the **** is Sir Bier Canute supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Ever the opportunist, you definitely weren't saying this when Corbyn was leader. You were also definitely saying labour needed to move towards the centre ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Changing someone's name to make a terrible half joke about something has to be about the lowest form of discourse that exists today, it is invariably terrible. I can't recall a single example of it that wasn't extremely cringe.
    Even the Ronaldo and Messi fanboy morons who insist on using Pessi and Penaldo know to make their names make at least some kind of sense though. What the **** is Sir Bier Canute supposed to be?
    Dripford

That's another embarrassing one

🤣

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Dripford

That's another embarrassing one
    There must be about 20 or more variations of Drakeford that have appeared on here.
    Bier Canute is just odd

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    There must be about 20 or more variations of Drakeford that have appeared on here.
    Bier Canute is just odd
    A bier is a movable frame on which a coffin or corpse is placed before burial or cremation. Do you think our ever eloquent friend from the Red Planet is somehow attempting to symbolise Starmer as the Tory Party's nemesis?

He may be on to something here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    A bier is a movable frame on which a coffin or corpse is placed before burial or cremation. Do you think our ever eloquent friend from the Red Planet is somehow attempting to symbolise Starmer as the Tory Party's nemesis?

TBG will be on in a bit to tell us that the word 'Bier' was used by Saxon Farmers to describe ladies of the night.

The only time in my life I voted for Labour was when Corbyn was leader. But when he sat on the fence over Brexit I lost interest.
    But at least he would have had the sense to pull Israel up over their current war crimes.
    Sir Kier won’t be getting my vote this year for the opposite reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    TBG will be on in a bit to tell us that the word 'Bier' was used by Saxon Farmers to describe ladies of the night.
    He will be along bearing gifts of his knowledge in good time.

Dunno why but Sir Bier Canute has really tickled me today.

I think it's a brilliant name and should stay

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Dunno why but Sir Bier Canute has really tickled me today.

I think it's a brilliant name and should stay
    You are mentally challenged ?

Tony Benn was a rare breed of politician. People can choose to agree or disagree with him, but when you read his books and hear his parliamentary speeches what you were dealing with was a Rolls Royce of a politician who could think things through with a piercing logic.

I think what made him fairly unique was the fact he could be accurate both in arguments and conclusions, without resorting to statistical grabbing. Nothing wrong with statistics but people grab them without context, or just use the wrong ones sometimes, or cannot understand how they can be manipualated.

He spoke with logic, experience, history and humanity. A rare, eloquent politician. A signpost as he would say.

You are mentally challenged ?
    Not by your ramblings I'm not!

Nah I think the name is so random I found it quite funny.

Sir Bier Canute 🤣

Look up King Canute..
    Sir Durham Bier.
    Such fun .

Are names for Tories only I didnt get the memo ?

In normal times , everyone got a different name , many were senseless , it was just a thing not politically correct though.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Tony Benn was a rare breed of politician. People can choose to agree or disagree with him, but when you read his books and hear his parliamentary speeches what you were dealing with was a Rolls Royce of a politician who could think things through with a piercing logic.

I think what made him fairly unique was the fact he could be accurate both in arguments and conclusions, without resorting to statistical grabbing. Nothing wrong with statistics but people grab them without context, or just use the wrong ones sometimes, or cannot understand how they can be manipualated.

He spoke with logic, experience, history and humanity. A rare, eloquent politician. A signpost as he would say.
    Perhaps Sir Bier Turnaround should relect on Benns advise to Blairs move to the central right ground, for the desperate need for power.

From Guardian:

“We are not just here to manage capitalism but to change society and to define its finer values.”

Blamed by many for contributing to Labour’s lack of electoral success during the 1980s, Tony Benn was a totem for those who rejected the shift to the right widely seen as necessary if the party was to regain power. This shift was eventually completed under Tony Blair, who pushed through the abandonment of clause IV and redefined Labour as a party comfortable with privatisation and free market economics. The quote above indicates why Benn resisted such a move

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    The only time in my life I voted for Labour was when Corbyn was leader. But when he sat on the fence over Brexit I lost interest.
    But at least he would have had the sense to pull Israel up over their current war crimes.
    Corbyn sitting on his hands was probably the biggest reason why leave voters won , they read his silence as a vote to leave , sadly a man of many principles when it comes to anti Israeli / USA matters , bottled this one .

And that was poor .

It's hard to disagree with anything you've said there.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    You’d risk another 5 years of utter misery here because someone of no influence to a situation thousands of miles away won’t say something?

I think you are over thinking this, young sir.

I don't think LOM thinks do deeply about such things.

Having said that portraying Sir Keir as a nemesis is probably an apt description of the current situation!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I think you are over thinking this, young sir.

I don't think LOM thinks do deeply about such things.

Having said that portraying Sir Keir as a nemesis is probably an apt description of the current situation!
    You believe he or she thinks before posting??? Wow! That never occurred to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    You’d risk another 5 years of utter misery here because someone of no influence to a situation thousands of miles away won’t say something?
    I despair at some of my mates , we all hate the Tories but the time to replace starmer is after he's got Labour or a rainbow alliance back in

I am voting for him because I can never vote Tory not because he's the Messiah

But not voting ?

That's insane

I despair at some of my mates , we all hate the Tories but the time to replace starmer is after he's got Labour or a rainbow alliance back in

I am voting for him because I can never vote Tory not because he's the Messiah

But not voting ?

That's insane
    I didn't know you never voted Conservative. Why haven't you mentioned this before?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I didn't know you never voted Conservative. Why haven't you mentioned this before?
    I try to distance myself from ctts at every opportunity