+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You seem confused.
    Not me mate. It's a very simple question that you seem to have great difficulty answering.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    I see it now, you have stolen my future is not applicable to everyone.

I must have dreamt the last 40 odd years of being told by Gore, Kerry and Co. that i only have 5 then 10 then another 10 etc. until the impending apocalypse.
    yes you do appear to have dreamt it, or more likely misunderstood what was being said - when has anyone said that everyone in the world will be dead in 5 years time - other than on one of organ morgan's threads

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    On behalf on those who will still be alive, how will they be forced to comply with the climate restrictions?
    Carbon emissions in the UK have been dropping since the peak in the 1970s - and are now at a similar level to where they were in the 1880s or thereabouts, despite us all using a lot more energy.
    So we will achieve it by doing what we've been doing since then, only more so.

your weird fantasy that climate change is made up to allow the elite to exert more and more control over or lives fortunately has no basis in reality.

Not me mate. It's a very simple question that you seem to have great difficulty answering.
    simple question for you - what is your understanding of the scientific "case" for man made climate change, and what about it don't you agree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    simple question for you - what is your understanding of the scientific "case" for man made climate change
    About the same as lockdowns.

simple question for you - what is your understanding of the scientific "case" for man made climate change, and what about it don't you agree with?
    They will never answer that question, I've literally asked it about 40-50 times on here. They don't understand even the basics behind it.

Carbon emissions in the UK have been dropping since the peak in the 1970s - and are now at a similar level to where they were in the 1880s or thereabouts, despite us all using a lot more energy.
    So we will achieve it by doing what we've been doing since then, only more so.

your weird fantasy that climate change is made up to allow the elite to exert more and more control over or lives fortunately has no basis in reality.
    Let's see if any of the digital conspiracy theories come true before we start talking about fantasies.

The irony behind you of all people coming out with that last sentence is delicious.

The irony behind you of all people coming out with that last sentence is delicious.
    It's interesting because we've been through this before. I remember when you became an extension of the BBC regarding the lockdowns. Turns out they didn't work, yet we had to witness the destruction of businesses, setbacks in kids education, excess deaths through missed appointments, a declining NHS, and an economy that is on the brink.

And now you have pivoted onto climate change as though nothing happened, with no idea how the counter measures are going to be deployed, or how they will affect us. That's without mentioning the elephant in the room .. what if the experts have got it wrong again?

It's interesting because we've been through this before. I remember when you became an extension of the BBC regarding the lockdowns. Turns out they didn't work, yet we had to witness the destruction of businesses, setbacks in kids education, excess deaths through missed appointments, a declining NHS, and an economy that is on the brink.

And now you have pivoted onto climate change as though nothing happened, with no idea how the counter measures are going to be deployed, or how they will affect us. That's without mentioning the elephant in the room .. what if the experts have got it wrong again?
    How can you say lockdowns didn’t work? Are you saying that less people would have died without them? You and your like make no allowance for the situation that was faced at the time, not with the hindsight of four years. I can also remember what you were doing at the time lockdowns were introduced - casting around looking for any story you could latch on to so you could argue that COVID was not the killer it turned out to be.

One other thing, the BBC were not making up the numbers that were dying back in March and April 2020, just like they didn’t make up the figures behind the link I posted about the temperatures in 2023 - sorry, but when it comes to a choice between experts in the fields of health and meteorology and you, it’s a no brainier.

yes you do appear to have dreamt it, or more likely misunderstood what was being said - when has anyone said that everyone in the world will be dead in 5 years time - other than on one of organ morgan's threads
    You must be a better swimmer than me or a faster runner to get to the high ground.

How can you say lockdowns didn’t work? Are you saying that less people would have died without them? You and your like make no allowance for the situation that was faced at the time, not with the hindsight of four years. I can also remember what you were doing at the time lockdowns were introduced - casting around looking for any story you could latch on to so you could argue that COVID was not the killer it turned out to be.

One other thing, the BBC were not making up the numbers that were dying back in March and April 2020, just like they didn’t make up the figures behind the link I posted about the temperatures in 2023 - sorry, but when it comes to a choice between experts in the fields of health and meteorology and you, it’s a no brainier.
    Locking down healthy people and children did more harm than good , and that was being realised very quickly.

Shirley the fact that Cummings and Ferguson broke the rules very early on suggests that they were not concerned at all ,and knew they would be fine. ( it’s worth pointing out that the two of them were in hourly contact with senior government officials during this time ) Do the maths

I think it's more that the Tories have ****ed up just about every public service you can possibly imagine, whilst at the same time growing the national debt massively whilst imposing higher taxation and flatlining the economy, so Labour are going to have to be a bit more modest with their ambitions until we are a bit less of a dumpster fire
    Are you forgetting the pandemic?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Locking down healthy people and children did more harm than good , and that was being realised very quickly.

Shirley the fact that Cummings and Ferguson broke the rules very early on suggests that they were not concerned at all ,and knew they would be fine. ( it’s worth pointing out that the two of them were in hourly contact with senior government officials during this time ) Do the maths
    You and those like you talk as if those making the decisions were thinking that we could lock down for a few months, then carry on as if nothing had happened as soon as it was lifted. It’s the same with vaccines, anyone naive enough to think that there wouldn’t be consequences in years to come to rushing its development through was just being stupid, but the term desperate times call for desperate measures springs to mind and, because of that, I’ve always thought those who were making the decisions at the time should be shown some latitude.

As for maths, we’ll never know for sure how many lives were saved or lost by locking down. Your lot are dismissive of modelling done in the weeks before lockdown which predicted how many would die if we did not take some measures or pursued a herd immunity approach, yet I’m sure you’ll seize upon any studies which put a figure on how many lives have been lost as a consequence of lockdown.

You and those like you talk as if those making the decisions were thinking that we could lock down for a few months, then carry on as if nothing had happened as soon as it was lifted. It’s the same with vaccines, anyone naive enough to think that there wouldn’t be consequences in years to come to rushing its development through was just being stupid, but the term desperate times call for desperate measures springs to mind and, because of that, I’ve always thought those who were making the decisions at the time should be shown some latitude.

As for maths, we’ll never know for sure how many lives were saved or lost by locking down. Your lot are dismissive of modelling done in the weeks before lockdown which predicted how many would die if we did not take some measures or pursued a herd immunity approach, yet I’m sure you’ll seize upon any studies which put a figure on how many lives have been lost as a consequence of lockdown.
    The modelling that was done was the brainchild of the same guy who had history of huge miscalculations and it was only AI after all.

The fact that the same guy broke the rules within a very short time period of the first lockdown tells you what risk he thought he was taking Do the maths.

The first lockdown was probably justified IMHO.

Shirley the fact that Cummings and Ferguson broke the rules very early on suggests that they were not concerned at all ,and knew they would be fine. ( it’s worth pointing out that the two of them were in hourly contact with senior government officials during this time )

The fact that the same guy broke the rules within a very short time period of the first lockdown tells you what risk he thought he was taking Do the maths.
    At a time when this was the best modelling available to government or the public, and the best set of precautionary measures that could be devised to slow the spread of the virus, a number of prominent politicians and academics acted like selfish, entitled pricks.

That selfish, arrogant attitude was shared by a minority of the public - a small minority in the first year.

But most people after the first few months knew that healthy, younger people were at a low personal risk of serious illness or death if they caught Covid (not no risk). They followed the guidance because they cared about their family, friends and neighbours - some of whom faced a much greater risk of illness, pain and distress and death if they also acted like selfish, entitled pricks.

You are right about the first lockdown. The UK avoided an Italian-type health service collapse - but only just.

A couple of years old, but i doubt if today's graph would be much different

Imagine being that much of a nutter in the UK you glue yourself to the road for 0.09%

Co2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    A couple of years old, but i doubt if today's graph would be much different

Imagine being that much of a nutter in the UK you glue yourself to the road for 0.09%

Co2.jpg
    I'm not defending glueing oneself to the road but even though we emit 0.09% our government has influence globally, so it's not so fool hardy to lobby our government in order to try and implement change globally.
    I don't understand your stance on climate change, you don't seem to deny that the globes warming, you just don't want to do anything about it or live a more clean, sustainable and responsible life.

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    I'm not defending glueing oneself to the road but even though we emit 0.09% our government has influence globally, so it's not so fool hardy to lobby our government in order to try and implement change globally.
    I don't understand your stance on climate change, you don't seem to deny that the globes warming, you just don't want to do anything about it or live a more clean, sustainable and responsible life.
    How the fcuk are they going to do that? The rest of the world are ditching the dollar and joining BRICS. It's only the West that thinks it a good idea commit collective suicide.

thought your post needed some slight alteration

How the fcuk are they going to do that? The rest of the world are ditching the dollar and joining BRICS. It's only the West that thinks it a good idea commit ECONOMIC suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

How the fcuk are they going to do that? The rest of the world are ditching the dollar and joining BRICS. It's only the West that thinks it a good idea commit ECONOMIC suicide.
    Collective suicide is a synonym for general madness, mutual demise, corporate death, mass sacrifice, etc., and economic suicide is a part of that too, but there will be a lot more to it besides economic failure and we will be looking at a dystopian future for those who we leave behind.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post

It won't be economic suicide, we can lead the world in new tech and move away from petrol and gas. We can be leaders

How the fcuk are they going to do that? The rest of the world are ditching the dollar and joining BRICS. It's only the West that thinks it a good idea commit collective suicide.
    They've been ditching the dollar for how long now? Also, China are adopting renewables all the time. China are massively into renewables and EV's. Technology is going to solve this problem and it won't be mass economic suicide. You talk about dystopian futures....that's what's in store if we don't start living a more sustainable and responsible existence.

They've been ditching the dollar for how long now? Also, China are adopting renewables all the time. China are massively into renewables and EV's. Technology is going to solve this problem and it won't be mass economic suicide. You talk about dystopian futures....that's what's in store if we don't start living a more sustainable and responsible existence.
    China are not currently in the process of destroying their own economy, neither are India, etc. However, China has adopted digital control measures to ensure that their population has a right way of thinking, which will also be coming here, so we are facing a double whammy of economic demise and freedom of speech restrictions.

It won't be economic suicide, we can lead the world in new tech and move away from petrol and gas. We can be leaders
    Can we ?

Hope your right but where i,m standing the BRICs countries are going from strength to strength and from what i,m reading are accelerating there growth using lots of coal and gas

India is going to be the next powerhouse Yes another BRICS country

Four countries - ���� China, ���� India, the ���� US and ���� Indonesia - are set to contribute more than half of the world's economic growth over the next five years, according to IMF forecasts