+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213

Thread: Climate fanatics - where are you

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Climate fanatics - where are you

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I disagree, I don't think you need to read scientific papers for this. The process that's causing it is well known. The second part of the question is impossible to answer because there isn't an answer. They know this which is why they deflect, insult and ramble about Greta or triple glazing windows, one even threaten to fight me instead.

If you can deny something so doggedly surely you can answer the absolute basics around it but I don't think they've actually ever thought about it without being influenced by their oil funded propaganda. They're more like animals reacting to stimuli e.g. caring for environment bad, Greta bad, renewable energy bad etc.
    There are also plenty of eminent scientists who think the opposite to you , as long as you understand that then there is nothing more to say really is there ?

You’re trying to be clever that’s all. Your persistence is quite simply staggering when all you have done is google your question. Big deal.

it appears to me know as much on the subject as everyone else. The rich don’t seem to care about it either what with their private jets, super yacht’s etc etc, so why should we ?

Electric cars are a point in question, their carbon footprint is higher than a normal combustion vehicle.
    Give it a rest bra.

For the 50th time on this forum...

What is the physical process scientists say is causing man made climate change, what about that process do you disagree with?

Bet you can't answer.

Human-driven causes of climate change

Scientists agree that human activity is the primary driver of what we’re seeing now worldwide. (This type of climate change is sometimes referred to as anthropogenic, which is just a way of saying “caused by human beings.”) The unchecked burning of fossil fuels over the past 150 years has drastically increased the presence of atmospheric greenhouse gases, most notably carbon dioxide. At the same time, logging and development have led to the widespread destruction of forests, wetlands, and other carbon sinks—natural resources that store carbon dioxide and prevent it from being released into the atmosphere.

Right now, atmospheric concentrations of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxide are the highest they’ve been in the last 800,000 years. Some greenhouse gases, like hydrochlorofluorocarbons (HFCs), do not even exist in nature. By continuously pumping these gases into the air, we helped raise the earth’s average temperature by about 1.9 degrees Fahrenheit during the 20th century—which has brought us to our current era of deadly, and increasingly routine, weather extremes. And it’s important to note that while climate change affects everyone in some way, it doesn’t do so equally: All over the world, people of color and those living in economically disadvantaged or politically marginalized communities bear a much larger burden, despite the fact that these communities play a much smaller role in warming the planet.

Our ways of generating power for electricity, heat, and transportation, our built environment and industries, our ways of interacting with the land, and our consumption habits together serve as the primary drivers of climate change. While the percentages of greenhouse gases stemming from each source may fluctuate, the sources themselves remain relatively consistent.

As to if whether I agree with that or not…
    I do, but the best way to tackle things is really the crux of the matter.
    Geopolitics and economics matter just as much to civilization as the climate.

It doesn’t help that we are apparently reaching critical mass during a time that where narratives on any single topic seem to be polarizing.

Some people seem so hell bent on the deconstruction of Western Civilization that it’s understandable people being skeptical regarding proposed sweeping changes.

Then there is the debate, particularly in the UK regarding the percentage of emissions created compared to BRICS/USA etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Human-driven causes of climate change

Scientists agree that human activity is the primary driver of what we’re seeing now worldwide. (This type of climate change is sometimes referred to as anthropogenic, which is just a way of saying “caused by human beings.”) The unchecked burning of fossil fuels over the past 150 years has drastically increased the presence of atmospheric greenhouse gases, most notably carbon dioxide. At the same time, logging and development have led to the widespread destruction of forests, wetlands, and other carbon sinks—natural resources that store carbon dioxide and prevent it from being released into the atmosphere.
    Do they? Every single one? Or are these ones from the Safe&Effective school of science?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do they? Every single one? Or are these ones from the Safe&Effective school of science?
    I see Astra Z is trending on Twitter ….and apparently some ITV journalists :

Yeah but they'll also think you're stupid for denying basic science, being anti vaxxers, thinking the Earth is flat etc.
    Would you care to respond to my post?

Geologist, Prof. Ian Plimer, thoroughly dispels the "man-made global warming" fairy tale, in just two minutes.

"No one has ever shown that human emissions of CO2 drive global warming… And if it could be shown, then you would have to show that the 97% of emissions which are natural, do not drive global warming."

Credit: @adhtvaus
    https://x.com/wideawake_media/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Geologist, Prof. Ian Plimer, thoroughly dispels the "man-made global warming" fairy tale, in just two minutes.

"No one has ever shown that human emissions of CO2 drive global warming… And if it could be shown, then you would have to show that the 97% of emissions which are natural, do not drive global warming."

Credit: @adhtvaus
    https://x.com/wideawake_media/status...LhmySD2aRt-GNg
    So if the climate change we see is not man-made does this presumably means there is nothing we can do about it? OK, the sea level may have been 7 metres higher thousands/millions of years ago but I'm guessing there weren't mega-cities perched on the edge of oceans as we have today?

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    So if the climate change we see is not man-made does this presumably means there is nothing we can do about it? OK, the sea level may have been 7 metres higher thousands/millions of years ago but I'm guessing there weren't mega-cities perched on the edge of oceans as we have today?
    Call King Canute!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Call King Canute!
    King Cnut is so misunderstood.

His ‘turning back the waves’ stunt was to make fools of his fawning courtiers who - trying to get in his good books - made stupid claims for his powers.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

His ‘turning back the waves’ stunt was to make fools of his fawning courtiers who - trying to get in his good books - made stupid claims for his powers.
    Amazing that people can doubt the traditional modern history taught in schools and yet be so certain of whether the bible is incorrect or not, or what a Danish invading king said and did in the 9th or 10 century.

I can only surmise that you have a top grade Tardis, or outstanding and authoritative journalistic sources from a thousand years ago. Cap doffed. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Yet some fawning people claim the climate can be turned back by a bunch of oligarchs

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze View Post
    Amazing that people can doubt the traditional modern history taught in schools and yet be so certain of whether the bible is incorrect or not, or what a Danish invading king said and did in the 9th or 10 century.

I can only surmise that you have a top grade Tardis, or outstanding and authoritative journalistic sources from a thousand years ago. Cap doffed. 😂
    Cnut was an 11th century king of England (and Denmark). He has nothing to do with ‘traditional modern history’ - which I may or may not doubt. Some of the bible reflects actual history (through a lens of centuries, folk law, mistranslation and demands of the cult). My tardis has just gone through its MOT with flying colours. Thank you for your concern.