+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Lack of terrorist attacks since 2017...

Lack of terrorist attacks since 2017...

Touch wood.. there's been no major UK terrorist attack since 2017. Although, with tensions in Palestine as they are, I doubt that will last for long.

Back then, there seemed like there was one every 3 weeks. What's the reasonings? Counter- terrorism working overtime? a lot of the terrorists died in Syria/Iraq with ISIS? Imams and parents being more mindful of what is being taught?

Re: Lack of terrorist attacks since 2017...

Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmyoldaccount View Post
    Touch wood.. there's been no major UK terrorist attack since 2017. Although, with tensions in Palestine as they are, I doubt that will last for long.

Back then, there seemed like there was one every 3 weeks. What's the reasonings? Counter- terrorism working overtime? a lot of the terrorists died in Syria/Iraq with ISIS? Imams and parents being more mindful of what is being taught?
    Counter terrorism I would imagine and Muslims themselves making the old bill aware of extremists

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Counter terrorism I would imagine and Muslims themselves making the old bill aware of extremists
    Not all terror threats are from Islamist extremists.

https://www.ft.com/content/d669665c-...c-e6eaeb9a917f

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Not all terror threats are from Islamist extremists.

https://www.ft.com/content/d669665c-...c-e6eaeb9a917f
    Of course

But I can't access that to read it

Of course

But I can't access that to read it
    Remember the war on terror …. Hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Remember the war on terror …. Hmmmmmm
    Who said that ?

Was it Blair ?

I can't remember

Who said that ?

Was it Blair ?

I can't remember
    Bush , which resulted in millions and millions of pounds being spent on things which were not necessary and stricter policies were brought in as a result.
    There is no problem about justifying a war on terrorism. But there is also no prospect of adequately justifying the present so-called war on terrorism.

After its initial phase, which was directed mainly against arbitrary targets, what is called the war on terrorism appears not, or mainly not, to be directed against terrorists., everything has been happening as if the so-called war on terrorism has less and less to do with terrorism and serves increasingly as a convenient pretext for American imperialist ambitions.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Bush , which resulted in millions and millions of pounds being spent on things which were not necessary and stricter policies were brought in as a result.
    There is no problem about justifying a war on terrorism. But there is also no prospect of adequately justifying the present so-called war on terrorism.

After its initial phase, which was directed mainly against arbitrary targets, what is called the war on terrorism appears not, or mainly not, to be directed against terrorists., everything has been happening as if the so-called war on terrorism has less and less to do with terrorism and serves increasingly as a convenient pretext for American imperialist ambitions.
    Blair was holding hands with Bush

Blair was holding hands with Bush
    As far as I know there were no terror attacks during Covid ….. hmmmmmmm