+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Do you let traffic cutters in?

Do you let traffic cutters in?

Notice it getting dangerous at times on the way to the games with people cutting in last minute.

Do you let them in?

International

Re: Do you let traffic cutters in?

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Notice it getting dangerous at times on the way to the games with people cutting in last minute.

Do you let them in?
    Never let anyone out, that's the golden rule, they get out when there is a gap.

Letting people out unnecessarily is what causes slower journeys, if they if they are a proper progressive driver you won't have a choice they will edge out until you have to stop.

Worst is when you walk to join the back of one of the mile long queues to get in the gate going in the ground only to get to the front by the bag search area and there's people casually ignoring that there's a queue and just sauntering in

Something that's doing my head in recently are merge lanes where everyone stays in one lane then acts like you're cutting them up if you use the other lane! You're supposed to merger like a zip.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Something that's doing my head in recently are merge lanes where everyone stays in one lane then acts like you're cutting them up if you use the other lane! You're supposed to merger like a zip.
    Always annoyed me.

Traffic would flow a lot better and people's mental health be a lot better if using both as intended.

Instead you have a mile long queue in one lane.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Worst is when you walk to join the back of one of the mile long queues to get in the gate going in the ground only to get to the front by the bag search area and there's people casually ignoring that there's a queue and just sauntering in
    Get your elbows out!

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Should make it a law, as it is in Europe and change the signs to the zipper signs, instead of one lane closed, makes a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Never let anyone out, that's the golden rule, they get out when there is a gap.

Letting people out unnecessarily is what causes slower journeys, if they if they are a proper progressive driver you won't have a choice they will edge out until you have to stop.
    Jesus christ what a terrible attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbsthenewt View Post
    Thinly disguised - I'm a non-driver.

Yeah, i'm not bothered really. I'm pretty cool on the road, if people want to be dicks then carry on, they're not upsetting my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, i'm not bothered really. I'm pretty cool on the road, if people want to be dicks then carry on, they're not upsetting my day.
    But really they are, they didn't wait as long as you , your takeaway is colder than theirs. Their home is warmer and the kids are happier cos you let them in.

There are some dicks on the road, aren’t there. Driving up Newport Rd earlier, a car sped past me by Summers funeral home, zig zagged around other vehicles, all a bit crackers really. I passed him when he was stuck at the lights by Rover Way as I was in the filter lane turning right to go over the bridge. How far ahead of everyone did he think he was going to get? Traffic lights every 30 odd yards. Some drivers are just nuts.

On the note of the thread, I don’t really mind letting drivers into my lane really, it’s no big deal. As I said in my first paragraph, around the roads of Cardiff you aren’t going to get too far ahead of anyone.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    Jesus christ what a terrible attitude.
    It's not you have to be progressive so many people stop to let people out for no reason, they then dither and let someone else out.

You can be in a long line of thirty cars the lights change they let the three cars, waiting in the side street straight out, three from the main line get through, the lights change and the same happens again, so people in the queue take an extra ten minutes to get through because of nuggets in front.

When there is a need I'll let people out in the right circumstances if i'm not causing further delays by doing so, but generally people shouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    But really they are, they didn't wait as long as you , your takeaway is colder than theirs. Their home is warmer and the kids are happier cos you let them in.
    shows what a kind person i am

Drivers not merging in the turn as instructed really gets my goat. Many can't see the logic. If those putting cones down to close a lane didn't want you to use a lane they'd have put the cones further back.
    As for letting someone out,I'll let one out if they haven't tried to force themselves out.

no

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Only one thing worse than traffic cutters…

It’s those people who take a short cut through the park.

It’s just not on