+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 5 Minutes added time?

5 Minutes added time?

I know we wouldn’t have scored with 55 minutes added tonight but where did those clowns pluck that number from?

Re: 5 Minutes added time?

I was expecting more.
    Plenty of time wasting by WBA, lot's of subs, few injuries and goal celebration

I'd never have said we'd score in the 97th and 99th at Preston so never know but it didn't look likely.

Some refs like on sat seem to still be using the newer directive, others throw up the standard 4/5 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I'd never have said we'd score in the 97th and 99th at Preston so never know but it didn't look likely.

Some refs like on sat seem to still be using the newer directive, others throw up the standard 4/5 mins.
    We were camped in PNE’s half for about half an hour mind. We could have had 50 mins tonight and it wouldn’t have mattered.

At the WBA home game, for a simple free kick outside the penalty area, the ref took 2 mins 2 secs from whistling for the offence to whistling for the kick to be taken. He took a minute before he even marked out the 10 yards. This is ludicrous. Are refs adding this time at the end of each half for the time they waste? Clearly not. If they did they'd be adding 15+ minutes each half every game. While this is the worst case I have noted at a City game, free kicks outside the box regularly take 60-75 secs.

Free kick given at 39:48
    Free kick whistled to be taken at 41:50

StT.
    <><