+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 20mph, summed up by a holidaymaker

International

Re: 20mph, summed up by a holidaymaker

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    North Cardiff Blue must be about 90 on the ‘annoyed scale’
    Nah 3 out of 100, rules are there to be broken

Waze sat nav app's are useful these days to warn where the camera speed vans are parked.

Drippy is a dead man walking so it's done some good at least !

I still can’t get my head around the backlash. 90% of the roads you use are 40+, it’s had very little impact on me.

We definitely needed a new thread on this!

How many months in now? Three? It seems to me that barely anyone is following it, and it's notable and annoying, if anyone does and it that road is long and straight I'm seeing more dangerous overtaking.

I've not seen any enforcement of it tbh. I thought we would, but I haven't seen or heard of any so I don't know if the councils are keeping their heads down?

It's all just a rather stupid, I'll thought out and expensive policy from the Welsh Govt. Another one to add to the list.

Seen a beauty yesterday
    On North Road, there’s a turning left into Newfoundland Road, it only runs for about 10/15 yards before it’s blocked off by bollards.

Council workmen were only putting up 20mph signs on the entrance

What a waste of OUR MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    I still can’t get my head around the backlash. 90% of the roads you use are 40+, it’s had very little impact on me.
    Depends where you live. If you're in the Rhondda, there aren't many 40mph+ roads.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Seen a beauty yesterday
    On North Road, there’s a turning left into Newfoundland Road, it only runs for about 10/15 yards before it’s blocked off by bollards.

Council workmen were only putting up 20mph signs on the entrance

What a waste of OUR MONEY
    I've never known someone see so much that suits their argument as you do. And it's not your money.

Another illogical situation:
    Travelling along Pantmawr Road from The Hollybush end, just short of Manor Way (A470) there are two 40 mph signs. If you go straight on up Pantmawr Road, it's immediately 20 mph. If you turn right towards the city, it's immediately 30 mph. The only road that is 40 mph is when you turn left onto the A 470.

I was almost caught out at this junction on a dark, wet night. For the first time in months, I had to turn right towards Cardiff. I thought the speed limit here was 40 mph until Caedelyn Road.... and the sign on Pantmawr Road says 40 mph as I've pointed out. I drove along Manor Way at around 36 mph and in the distance, before the camera, I saw a small 30 mph sign on a lamp post, and braked. I later retraced my journey. There are two 30 mph signs immediately after the junction. Because of the line you take to turn right (and concentrating on not hitting kerbs), the 30 mph sign in the middle of the carriageway on your shoulder and is virtually invisible. Continuing the manoevre, you then approach the other 30 mph sign which is side-on and can't be read. Then there are no 30 mph lamp posts signs for around 100 metres.

I know I'm prattlin' on here, but it really annoyed me. All they had to do is site the 30 mph signs say 20 metres away from the junction, which would make them visible.

I wonder how a stranger would negotiate this - and I know at least one guy has hit a curb there on a dark night turning right.

(I feel a great sense of relief getting this off my chest )

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Intrepid reporter will Hayward knew it was going to be his day, as rumours of the news rippling through wales online was confirmed to be true.

“A man came to Wales on holiday and wrote a letter about 20mph because he was so angry”

As he wrote the headline he knew it was going to be the story of the year. A retired builder visiting Wales was annoyed about something. It was his sixth trip meaning that Wales will miss out on his grey pound, which being generous would average out as once every ten years. It could’ve been another two trips if it hadn’t been for the blasted speed limit.

The man who was “sure (I) was a danger to pedestrians and and errant drivers”, complained that he was creating more pollution at 20mph and also complained about travelling at 50mph instead of 70 despite the latter being implemented to reduce pollution. He didn’t understand the irony as he was trying to help his wife who somehow had managed to get herself “glued to the satnav”. He now intends to demonstrate his lack of ability to control his polluting delica on faster roads elsewhere. Much to the annoyance of about 4 Cardiff city fans.

Tell you what mind, an idea to make the roads a bit safer what about retesting the over 65s?
    And what about re-testing the morons such as, lorry drivers tailgating, morons who consistently cut up other drivers and maniacs who just have to get in front of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Another illogical situation:
    Travelling along Pantmawr Road from The Hollybush end, just short of Manor Way (A470) there are two 40 mph signs. If you go straight on up Pantmawr Road, it's immediately 20 mph. If you turn right towards the city, it's immediately 30 mph. The only road that is 40 mph is when you turn left onto the A 470.

I was almost caught out at this junction on a dark, wet night. For the first time in months, I had to turn right towards Cardiff. I thought the speed limit here was 40 mph until Caedelyn Road.... and the sign on Pantmawr Road says 40 mph as I've pointed out. I drove along Manor Way at around 36 mph and in the distance, before the camera, I saw a small 30 mph sign on a lamp post, and braked. I later retraced my journey. There are two 30 mph signs immediately after the junction. Because of the line you take to turn right (and concentrating on not hitting kerbs), the 30 mph sign in the middle of the carriageway on your shoulder and is virtually invisible. Continuing the manoevre, you then approach the other 30 mph sign which is side-on and can't be read. Then there are no 30 mph lamp posts signs for around 100 metres.

I know I'm prattlin' on here, but it really annoyed me. All they had to do is site the 30 mph signs say 20 metres away from the junction, which would make them visible.

I wonder how a stranger would negotiate this - and I know at least one guy has hit a curb there on a dark night turning right.

(I feel a great sense of relief getting this off my chest )

And what about the signs that are “greyed” out with no sign stating the actual speed limit?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Depends where you live. If you're in the Rhondda, there aren't many 40mph+ roads.
    Yes and North Cardiff as a test area has wide safe roads capable of 40mph roads that were 30mph are now all 20mph, that's probably why it bothers us up here more, other areas haven't been affected to the same extent, and because of the kick back mostly never will be.

North Cardiff Blue still banging on about 20mph roads even though he wasn’t going to post about them anymore.

What a tedious cretin.

He's lucky we didn't burn down his holiday home. Miserable old git

It shows no fines have been issued in north Wales, but in south and mid Wales 95 were issued in November with none in the first two months of the scheme. The average speed in those offences was 28.3mph and highest was 37mph.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...5-2d547592ba98

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    It shows no fines have been issued in north Wales, but in south and mid Wales 95 were issued in November with none in the first two months of the scheme. The average speed in those offences was 28.3mph and highest was 37mph.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/p...5-2d547592ba98
    As normal, to many ads, so whatever is written will not open

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    North Cardiff Blue still banging on about 20mph roads even though he wasn’t going to post about them anymore.

What a tedious cretin.
    Bore off 20mph you old dodderer!

This thread has far too many ageist posts.
    I'l be 70 next year and I know there's quite a few older posters than me.
    SO...
    You youngsters can bugger off and go to work, paying taxes so we can keep our triple-locked pensions.

As another thread has stated “there seems to be more cars on the roads” !!

It’s not more cars, it’s just that they are all bunched up together, doing 18mph.

Have you all noticed how long it takes to get through a set of traffic lights these days !

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    Me neither but a Labour Senedd who spend 32million on 20mph road signs but have no money to feed our children in the holidays are just disgusting no mark gobshit-s who should be ashamed of themselves and go join The Tories!

International

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    This thread has far too many ageist posts.
    I'l be 70 next year and I know there's quite a few older posters than me.
    SO...
    You youngsters can bugger off and go to work, paying taxes so we can keep our triple-locked pensions.
    Probably doesn't apply to you, from memory you're a decent poster, you can be old and not a dodderer

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

What a tedious cretin.
    Yes, nobody can be that bothered about having to drive a tiny amount slower to literally bring it up hundreds of times across dozens of different threads.

He's clearly just a Tory who thinks at last there's something that the Tories can cling onto to make some political headway in Wales. Like the welsh Tory AMs who are mentioning it at every opportunity, whether it is relevant or not.

It won't work though, there is a good chance that at the next General election the Tories will be wiped out in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes, nobody can be that bothered about having to drive a tiny amount slower to literally bring it up hundreds of times across dozens of different threads.

He's clearly just a Tory who thinks at last there's something that the Tories can cling onto to make some political headway in Wales. Like the welsh Tory AMs who are mentioning it at every opportunity, whether it is relevant or not.

It won't work though, there is a good chance that at the next General election the Tories will be wiped out in Wales.
    So you’re over the moon with the way Welsh Labour are running our country?

International

Wakey Wakey Drippy has gone

I wonder why, could it be that 20mph ain't that popular

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    So you’re over the moon with the way Welsh Labour are running our country?
    They can do whatever they want, if they said swimming was to become illegal because it's dangerous he would try and back it, ignore any 20mph post from him, he's a pure drippy lover and blinded by that love.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wakey Wakey Drippy has gone

I wonder why, could it be that 20mph ain't that popular
    "drippy"

grow up ffs

International

"drippy"

grow up ffs
    Cheer up it's a great day