+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    **** off Russell Martin.
    Lucky I’m not a professional footballer, I’d have two footed the just for men prat there!

...And bugger me Swansea have equalised......

Well. These recent games have told us we're at the level that most of us expected to be. Personally, I would love to see some changes to the starting lineup going forward. We can't just chug along to January, there's too many games. We need to freshen up the lineup. Which should be fine because it's not as if those who are starting are vastly superior to the subs that come on.

Go on Erol, **** him up!

I think these games have shown that we have s clear lack of depth and a bit extra quality.

Southampton are a quality side and really should be pushing top 2.

Having a top quality striker makes a big difference

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Having a top quality striker makes a big difference
    yep, when we have the ball in midfield (on rare occasions) we've no idea what to do withit. having watched the last 3 games it's clear that there's a lot of work to be done and we're miles away from the leading pack in terms of ability.

Disappointing result today. Apart from one good move towards the end of the game City simply didn't really look like scoring. Had it not been for so many wasted chances and some good saves by Runarsson, Soton could have easily put 6 or 7 against us. Biggest problem is poor passing - defence were also caught out a few times too many.

Really need 2-3 new players in the next transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    yep, when we have the ball in midfield (on rare occasions) we've no idea what to do withit. having watched the last 3 games it's clear that there's a lot of work to be done and we're miles away from the leading pack in terms of ability.
    Our midfield has been non-existent for many seasons. At the moment it's just so-so.
    There's no goal threat from them. There's no one driving forward with the ball, no incisive passing, and very little link up play with our forwards.

dissapointing, but realistic, i think i saw 1 very good move and link up in the 86th min

on reflection thats not good enough, but the difference in quality is so evident, you would normally just assume its 11 pros against 11 pros, no the southampton lads are much better gifted, we will need to play out of our skin every game to get out of this division again...

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    With reference to the previous game as well, i would suggest that opposition coaches have worked out that the majority of our players cannot handle receiving the ball in close quarters with an opposing player, and just by simple squeezing our back 5 are effectively nullifying the rest of the team who are offering no movement or options with a resultant hoof from either LB or RB to a player up field who is so isolated from a supporting player and not able to hold on to the ball for our midfield players to catch up with play, the saints players often with more room are able to receive and pass in one movement without having to trap the ball take a step then having to look around for an option (3 movements) i see modern football as pace, receive pass move, receive pass move repeat to fade we are seemingly playing 5 metre balls back and forth across the back 4, with players retreating all the time to receive the ball thus conceding 75% of the field make it simple for the Saints to sweep up when an isolated player receives a long ball, If we are allowed to bully an opposition who stand off us then we look decent but as soon as the opposition fronts up in the face their doesn't seem an option to swicth things up.
    My thoughts exactly! It's so frustrating to watch. Bulut needs to sort it out asap or we'll be in the bottom half of the table come Xmas

Yep! Does my head in when we stand off from them inside our own box. Literally rolling out the red carpet for them.
    I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "literally".

**** off Russell Martin.
    He must love playing against cardiff city

I think a bit of perspective is needed here. Our side was built during a transfer embargo. All things considered we’re still doing very well. Bring on the January transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    I don't think you understand the meaning of the word "literally".
    I think I do but choose to use it how I wish, when not in English class. Another example would be if I was talking to you, I might end the sentence with “mate” even though I think you’re a twat. It still works see? The message gets across.

WOL have Wintle 'Star Man' with six.....ye gods....

For me there were NO star men today.....not one...

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I think a bit of perspective is needed here. Our side was built during a transfer embargo. All things considered we’re still doing very well. Bring on the January transfer window.
    Quite right and Bulut has made us a far better squad than those we've had over the past few seasons. If we finish midtable it will be good progress. We've probably excelled ourselves until this particular patch.

Nevertheless we've got something to build upon and if we have a fruitful transfer window we may end up pushing for a top six place.

Re: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Wintle was the star man ????????

Good pro, but he is a L1 or lower championship sitter. When he replaces Ralls he sits deeper then Siopsis and we go to pot.

We need a starter to replace Ralls as father time is catching up with him and Wintle isn't his replacement in terms of position or class

Just got back.

That was terrible. I don’t remember actually being bored watching Cardiff City away. We normally create SOMETHING. But not today. There wasn’t any period of the game when we put them under pressure.

They may have stifled the game with their high press but I’d go mad having to watch Southampton every week. It is like watching a really boring training drill over and over and over.

PS. Runarsson gives me no confidence especially with the ball at his feet.

[QUOTE=Bobby Dandruff;5472506]
    They may have stifled the game with their high press but I’d go mad having to watch Southampton every week. It is like watching a really boring training drill over and over and over.

I'd rather watch Southampton than City!

Another game where we just didn't look like scoring, whereas Southampton took us apart time and time again- they could have scored 6 or 7.

Colwill - Ugbo - Etete linking up better than any of the starting XI did.
    Really?

Colwill was awful when he came on

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Colwill was awful when he came on
    No different from all the others then?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    No different from all the others then?
    and their unmerited salaries will be paid irrespective. if we were sh1t at our jobs we'd have been dismissed. Jimmy Scoular wouldn't have accepted these dismal showings of late. Bullut needs to kick some butt!

Thought Colwill was doing well until Southampton made a couple of substitutions around the time we brought Ugbo and Tanner on, they got right on top again after that and Colwill then just faded into the general mediocrity of the rest in blue.