+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SOUTHAMPTON 2 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

We drew 0-0 in the last 75 minutes

Re: SOUTHAMPTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Really?
    Colwill, Ugbo and Etete linked up well for a chance for Etete. He fell on his arse while shooting but at least it showed us doing something that Southampton did on a more frequent basis.

Just seen their second goal. Sorry, but Runarsson needs to take everyone out there. Awful bottle job.

I went to the game in the home end with a Southampton season ticket holder friend. He asked why did our team looked so disinterested in the first 20 minutes and he thought our “young” goalie looked very nervous and lacking confidence.

They won that so easily, we offered absolutely nothing . They are a good side but we didn’t attempt to make a single tackle in that first 20 minutes , can’t say anybody had a good game , maybe it was too cold for them!

Our inability to create a chance, find some space in the attacking third, see a player beat his man, trouble the keeper, excite the fans etc etc etc is frightening. We don't look like we will score a goal ever again. I'd say that, as an attacking effort today, was pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Just seen their second goal. Sorry, but Runarsson needs to take everyone out there. Awful bottle job.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Agreed.
    Double agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Our inability to create a chance, find some space in the attacking third, see a player beat his man, trouble the keeper, excite the fans etc etc etc is frightening. We don't look like we will score a goal ever again. I'd say that, as an attacking effort today, was pathetic.
    I feel that we're in a position where the early season good form and excitement could disappear. We'd have all taken where we are in the table at the start of the season, but that's not reflective of our current situation, where we've had a good start and seem to be falling, albeit that we've played West Brom and Southampton back to back.

It's been 6 games since we beat Huddersfield 4-0. Since then we've scored 6 goals in 6 games. 4 from corners, one from open play against Norwich and one moment of brilliance from Colwill against Bristol City. That's 1 team goal in 6 games. That's the sum of us in an attacking force. Crap.

If it wasn't for the injury time heroics last Saturday this would have been a dismal 8 days. As it happens, it was Preston who went on to have a pretty disastrous 7 days.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    If it wasn't for the injury time heroics last Saturday this would have been a dismal 8 days. As it happens, it was Preston who went on to have a pretty disastrous 7 days.
    There's also the win at Sunderland where we got battered but won in injury time. I suppose it makes up for not beating Leeds and losing at Leicester.

As disappointing as the last couple of results were, they were against top 5 teams one of which is near enough a premier league team. To give things a bit of perspective too, our new manager has had one window with no real money to play with. I think we’ll have a better picture around February time

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    As disappointing as the last couple of results were, they were against top 5 teams one of which is near enough a premier league team. To give things a bit of perspective too, our new manager has had one window with no real money to play with. I think we’ll have a better picture around February time
    This doesn’t explain the mindset of a team who doesn’t seem to want to play.

[QUOTE=D. Advocaat;5472514]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    They may have stifled the game with their high press but I’d go mad having to watch Southampton every week. It is like watching a really boring training drill over and over and over.

I'd rather watch Southampton than City!

Another game where we just didn't look like scoring, whereas Southampton took us apart time and time again- they could have scored 6 or 7.
    We’ll have to disagree then.

Southampton are almost a parody of modern football. Not for me thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There's also the win at Sunderland where we got battered but won in injury time. I suppose it makes up for not beating Leeds and losing at Leicester.
    People forget Leeds battered us and we were lucky to get a point.

There’s a bit of a gulf between the top Championship teams and the rest and we’re some way behind it

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    This doesn’t explain the mindset of a team who doesn’t seem to want to play.
    manager's job to light a fire rather than whinge.

Extended highlights: