+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff City limitations exposed in comprehensive 2-0 defeat.

Cardiff City limitations exposed in comprehensive 2-0 defeat.

A more realistic league position for Cardiff after three defeats in four?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Re: Cardiff City limitations exposed in comprehensive 2-0 defeat.

3 points off 6th.
    WE miss Ramsey.
    Roll on the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    3 points off 6th.
    WE miss Ramsey.
    Roll on the January window.
    The top 5 look nailed on, and better teams than us - Sunderland, Middlesbrough, are going to challenge as the season progresses. I think I'll downgrade my earlier assessment of the potential a strengthened City could achieve this season. Maybe mid table consolidation, and a shot at play offs next season when - on paper - it may not be so strong at the top..

Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by a better team and yesterday was one of those days. There were a few under-par performances, Robinson and Bowler spring to mind, but generally we were out-paced by a team quicker of thought and action.

The last few games show that it doesn't take teams long to work out how to nullify our strengths. I am sure we surprised a few teams with the Manager's change of approach from last season but as soon as teams pin our full backs then they look very comfortable in handling our wide players in one on one situations. I agree that the top 5 look nailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Sometimes you just need to hold your hands up and say we were beaten by a better team and yesterday was one of those days. There were a few under-par performances, Robinson and Bowler spring to mind, but generally we were out-paced by a team quicker of thought and action.

The last few games show that it doesn't take teams long to work out how to nullify our strengths. I am sure we surprised a few teams with the Manager's change of approach from last season but as soon as teams pin our full backs then they look very comfortable in handling our wide players in one on one situations. I agree that the top 5 look nailed on.
    Good shout Cyril. Bulut is all about the wide players, heavily as well. It's conservative but i get it. We haven't had creativity through the middle since god knows when, and i think that it's becoming more and more difficult to get that type of player as footballers are more athlete than footballer these days (old bastard hat on) It's difficult to distinguish between players. I think it's all about systems of play now.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A more realistic league position for Cardiff after three defeats in four?

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Just watched the highlights (), I still cannot understand why their keeper wasn’t booked/sent off, for the assault on the city player

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Just watched the highlights (), I still cannot understand why their keeper wasn’t booked/sent off, for the assault on the city player
    southampton6 - Copy.jpg

I went to the game, and we were very poor. I don't know why Bulut continues with his 'Playing without a striker' experiment, but I can tell you for nothing that it doesn't work. More than once we had the ball wide in good positions, but there was no-one in the box. No-one. Ugbo and Etete did both come on late in the game, when it was all too late. If we have a striker fit, he should play. Ugbo can't trap a bag of cement, but he does score goals. Etete is a slightly better version of the same thing. Either way, at least the opposition defence would have something to worry about. We're making it all too easy for them. So why aren't they on the pitch?