+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well Done NHS

Well Done NHS

They get a lot of shite thrown their way but had experience of them this evening and I’ve nothing but the utmost praise.
    My missus had a fall at about 7.30 this evening, unfortunately tripped over a kerb on the way to the car. Landed flat on her face, banging her head and nose on the pavement and also hurting her ankle. I got her up the Heath around 8ish, she was seen by a doctor almost immediately. He examined her and gave a quick diagnosis and arranged for x ray & CT scan.

The x ray showed soft tissue swelling on her ankle but he’s going to examine it further to see if there’s any fracture. CT scan showed no bleed on the brain, thank God, but she did have concussion. A bleed on the brain would have meant her being admitted. Her nose could be broken but the swelling needs to go down to make further checks.

The doctor called us in before we left and went through a few dos & dont’s, gave us literature relevant to each injury, explained it thoroughly. Provided her with crutches and us with direct phone numbers should any problems arise.

We were home just after 10pm after thinking we’d be at the hospital all night. We were so impressed by the standard of care and speed we experienced.

Thank you NHS, credit where credit’s due.

Re: Well Done NHS

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They get a lot of shite thrown their way but had experience of them this evening and I’ve nothing but the utmost praise.
    My missus had a fall at about 7.30 this evening, unfortunately tripped over a kerb on the way to the car. Landed flat on her face, banging her head and nose on the pavement and also hurting her ankle. I got her up the Heath around 8ish, she was seen by a doctor almost immediately. He examined her and gave a quick diagnosis and arranged for x ray & CT scan.

The x ray showed soft tissue swelling on her ankle but he’s going to examine it further to see if there’s any fracture. CT scan showed no bleed on the brain, thank God, but she did have concussion. A bleed on the brain would have meant her being admitted. Her nose could be broken but the swelling needs to go down to make further checks.

The doctor called us in before we left and went through a few dos & dont’s, gave us literature relevant to each injury, explained it thoroughly. Provided her with crutches and us with direct phone numbers should any problems arise.

We were home just after 10pm after thinking we’d be at the hospital all night. We were so impressed by the standard of care and speed we experienced.

Great to hear!

Wishing her a speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    Wishing her a speedy recovery
    Seconded.

Best wishes Mrs SP

Nice one Splotty

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Great to hear!
    Christ that must have been torture for you

People are so quick to knock the NHS, so it's refreshing to hear a first-hand positive appraisal.

I hope your wife has a speedy recovery.

Sounds like she came a right cropper, glad to hear that it wasn't as bad as feared. That's far, far better regarding the time taken being seen than the horror stories you hear about in the media, in fact, for the time of day, I'd say it was very good.

They get mea lot of shite thrown their way but had experience of them this evening and I’ve nothing but the utmost praise.

Hope she makes a speedy recovery Steve🤞

Nice to hear some good about the NHS for a change - I wonder what that would have set you back if you were in the states, thousands probably

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    People are so quick to knock the NHS, so it's refreshing to hear a first-hand positive appraisal.

Totally agree and that's the point for me we hear of the bad stories but thousands of people every single day receive a really good service but the media don't want to hear about that they just want to share misery as this seems to get more attention and airtime

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post

Seconded.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bore off

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Seconded.
    Thirded

Hope she's on the mend and yes, credit where credit's due.
    I had a similar experience last year. Once you're triaged and can get any scans or xrays done, they're very efficient in getting you on your way. I suspect it's partly due to them trying to get as many through in less than 4 hours to give them a chance of hitting their targets. The inefficiencies are for those who'll require a longer assessment and possibly a bed for a stay in hospital.

She’s ok this morning, headache, which we knew she’d have. Unfortunately she was like Bambi on ice on the crutches and I can’t describe her attempt at hopping. We always knew that her horde of Ibrufen would come in handy one day. Fingers crossed that a few days rest will do the trick. Since she’s retired she’s been busier than ever, too much really, this could be the sign to make her stop her gallop.
    Thanks everyone for you comments, much appreciated

👏 👏 👏 👏 all round

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Bore off
    Tory Borey

My experience was totally different. In August I was sent straight from my GP to the Heath with a suspected blood clot on the lung.
    My GP gave me a letter to give to reception and said that due to the letter I would be seen straight away.
    I arrived at the Heath at 5pm on a Wednesday in agony.
    I thought that as it was midweek, late afternoon and having a letter from my doctor I would be seen quickly.
    9 hours later at 2am I still hadn't been seen by anyone.
    The place was like a war zone full of drunks, druggies.
    At 2am I managed to speak to a nurse and asked when I was likely to be seen by somebody.
    She said she couldn't advise when I would be seen as she was the only nurse on duty and there were no doctors on duty due to staff shortages.
    I gave up and went home still in agony.
    I went back to my GP the following day still in agony, who did another letter, this time for Llandough and sent me straight there.
    After a 5 hour wait in Llandough I was admitted with a blood clot on my lung and spent 7 days on a ward.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Bloody hell, what's wrong with you mun? If you've got a personal gripe why not send a PM? Fortunately it hasn't descended into another slagging match but that's no thanks to you.

Speedy recovery Mrs SP.

International

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    My experience was totally different. In August I was sent straight from my GP to the Heath with a suspected blood clot on the lung.
    My GP gave me a letter to give to reception and said that due to the letter I would be seen straight away.
    I thought that as it was midweek, late afternoon and having a letter from my doctor I would be seen quickly.
    At 2am I managed to speak to a nurse and asked when I was likely to be seen by somebody.
    She said she couldn't advise when I would be seen as she was the only nurse on duty and there were no doctors on duty due to staff shortages.
    I went back to my GP the following day still in agony, who did another letter, this time for Llandough and sent me straight there.
    After a 5 hour wait in Llandough I was admitted with a blood clot on my lung and spent 7 days on a ward.

This normality unfortunately, the fact there is a post saying I went to the hospital and they treated me properly should be enough to realise that.

I've never seen any posts saying, I posted a letter and it got to London, well done to the Post Office or, I went to the pub and the barmaid poured me a pint and I sat down and drank it, well done the Butchers arms pub.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    This normality unfortunately, the fact there is a post saying I went to the hospital and they treated me properly should be enough to realise that.

I've never seen any posts saying, I posted a letter and it got to London, well done to the Post Office or, I went to the pub and the barmaid poured me a pint and I sat down and drank it, well done the Butchers arms pub.
    it wasnt always

133a0b_6279ca23c91643d0a7053b1270464d41~mv2.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by headlight View Post
    That’s a harrowing tale, a horrendous experience. Are you recovered now or still feeling after effects?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Bloody hell, what's wrong with you mun? If you've got a personal gripe why not send a PM? Fortunately it hasn't descended into another slagging match but that's no thanks to you.
    Mind you own business