+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Train Journeys

Great Train Journeys

Bit chaotic at Cardiff General this morning, our train cancelled, advised to get on a train to Newport to get a connection, all sat on there (and stood, hanging off the roof akin to a Bombay express). That was then cancelled, got off and are now on a train to Reading to get a Southampton connection, all good fun though

Re: Great Train Journeys

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Bit chaotic at Cardiff General this morning, our train cancelled, advised to get on a train to Newport to get a connection, all sat on there (and stood, hanging off the roof akin to a Bombay express). That was then cancelled, got off and are now on a train to Reading to get a Southampton connection, all good fun though
    I keep getting images in my mind of Michael Palin.

Is Michael Portillo there ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Is Michael Portillo there ?
    That two Michaels, coincidentally I’m with my mate, Michael O’Leary

That two Michaels, coincidentally I’m with my mate, Michael O’Leary
    If you are with Michael O’Leary why aren’t you flying to Southampton ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    If you are with Michael O’Leary why aren’t you flying to Southampton ?
    He gets that at passport control every holiday he goes on

We are on the 9.30 train , it’s chaos, lots of women were going to the bath Xmas market, that weren’t quite expecting to be standing all the way, some if are lot are stupidly pissed already

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    We are on the 9.30 train , it’s chaos, lots of women were going to the bath Xmas market, that weren’t quite expecting to be standing all the way, some if are lot are stupidly pissed already
    last year I got the train back home from seeing my mum, and amount of Very pissed Welsh woman on the train going to the Bath Christmas markets were frightening and it was about the same time as yours ( 9.30 ) These were woman of a wide range of ages, from 20's upto 50's , some couldnt hardly stand, it was akin to going to a Tom Jones gig

He gets that at passport control every holiday he goes on

Cardiff General , that's old skool, keep up with the times it's Central, General would probably be considered risky and colonialist !!!

Absolute fecking shambles. My boy and his 3 mates were booked on the 08:51 from STJ. Absolutely rammed so guard told them to wait for the 09:51 which had the same result. What with Cardiff away and also Bath Markets surely this could have been planned better with extra trains!!
    In the end I had to drive them to Bath Spa as this was the only way they were getting on the train to Southampton with shoppers disembarking at Bath Spa.
    Would also help if the conductors used the train tannoy to ask passengers to move to the centre of the carriages as noticed everyone was congragated by the doors and not budging.
    May as well driven them to Southampton and tried getting in the home end.!!

.... are few and far between in the UK"

Transport for Wales is a crock of shite.

Kudos to all you travellers today, hope you are rewarded with a victory for all your efforts

Yep this probably wasn’t the wisest away trip to do by train! Fair play to the train companies they put out the advance warnings about avoiding Bath this weekend. The service to Southampton via Reading is a much more pleasant service although more expensive. I imagine the return trip will be much more of a lottery!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Yep this probably wasn’t the wisest away trip to do by train! Fair play to the train companies they put out the advance warnings about avoiding Bath this weekend. The service to Southampton via Reading is a much more pleasant service although more expensive. I imagine the return trip will be much more of a lottery!
    We went via Reading…horrendous!! Had to sit in the toilet with the door open due to overcrowding. Luckily a mate had room on a bus home, which is where we are now. Friends texting us with news of shocking overcrowding on the train home. Mick Lynch is right, invest in more rolling stock rather than pacifying shareholders with huge dividends. How can any company sell more tickets than there are seats available? A theatre or cinema couldn’t do it and have patrons stood packed in the aisles.

. How can any company sell more tickets than there are seats available? A theatre or cinema couldn’t do it
    airlines do, normally above 10% of seats are overbooked

On the 6.10 from Southampton it’s fecking rammed now some idiot gets on atarts arguing politics and instantly regrets it

On the 6.10 from Southampton it’s fecking rammed now some idiot gets on atarts arguing politics and instantly regrets it
    There were idiots waiting for that train who were throwing beer bottles at Southampton fans on the next platform - and hurtling onto the train when it arrived without letting families get off it. Disgraceful behaviour.

Yep and they’ll all be on cctv hopefully, lots of people on the piss

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    There were idiots waiting for that train who were throwing beer bottles at Southampton fans on the next platform - and hurtling onto the train when it arrived without letting families get off it. Disgraceful behaviour.
    Not going to put up a link but i see some of our female bluebird fans making us look stupid today . twitter is full of people making comments

When at Newport the chant from a few was ‘Id rather live in Gaza than Newport’
    Which the police took great offence at

I drove today to avoid the disaster that was waiting to happen on the trains.

Jesus Southamption have worse traffic control than Cardiff. Over an hour to do less than a mile trying to get away. It was after 6.30 before we got to the outskirts of the City.

When at Newport the chant from a few was ‘Id rather live in Gaza than Newport’
    Which the police took great offence at
    Can you imagine the usual suspects on here if that was being chanted by supporters of an English club!!!!

Anyone from this MB ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Anyone from this MB ?

Arseholes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Arseholes.
    Led by two women