+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

I think the free prescriptions are alright. Thats about it.

Tonight, on a night out, I told my friends from England that I couldn't get a doctor's appointment until January in Birchgrove surgery in Cardiff. They laughed. Thats the reality. Being laughed at.

What the hell do we get from it?

Anything?

Anything?

What do we get from it?

Re: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

parking at welsh hospitals free up to 4 hours

been a godsend for me the last 6 weeks !

on the flip side the english healthcare is much better and the walk in centres over there was a godsend for me when working in england

we should set up walk in centres in Wales . No need for booking appointments

So much better in England. My sister kids live in England. My kids live here in Wales. Sometimes I feel sorry for my kids and think I've failed them for not leaving.

Much better ?

So much better ?

Absolute nonsense the pair of you

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Much better ?

So much better ?

Absolute nonsense the pair of you
    free parking at welsh hospitals is great news

My England friends always moan about this over the border especially visiting on a regular basis

when you suffer from say something like cancer and you need to get to hospital every week this is a godsend

The labour government was responsible for this so I will applaud them

https://stateofwales.com/2019/05/20-...-achievements/

Dunno how neutral this story is, but there are some very worthwhile things among the twenty listed.

Wales does what it can within the constraints of having very limited tax raising powers.
    Uni students get means tested grants rather than full loans. As Mozzer has mentioned free hospital parking is great, as are free prescriptions and Wales was first to bring in several measures (eg smoking ban, carrier bag charging) that other nations have introduced later.

"I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
    But heaven knows I'm miserable now..."

James has gone out, had one too many Top Decks, got into a conversation about GP appointments and here we are, him feeling morose and questioning his own parenting.

A valuable lesson to us all not too over indulge with alcohol at this time of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    So much better in England. My sister kids live in England. My kids live here in Wales. Sometimes I feel sorry for my kids and think I've failed them for not leaving.
    Exactly this….not been to the Doctors for years, phoned other day next app 4 weeks ffs….wonder if Drakeford will take in Starmers latest words today taking about Thatcher amongst others….. "Every moment of meaningful change in modern British politics begins with the realisation that politics must act in service of the British people, rather than dictating to them," Sir Keir wrote.

Dictating eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

James has gone out, had one too many Top Decks, got into a conversation about GP appointments and here we are, him feeling morose and questioning his own parenting.

A valuable lesson to us all not too over indulge with alcohol at this time of the year.
    The time the thread was started does offer a clue doesn't it.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    free parking at welsh hospitals is great news

My England friends always moan about this over the border especially visiting on a regular basis

when you suffer from say something like cancer and you need to get to hospital every week this is a godsend

The labour government was responsible for this so I will applaud them
    You’ve tried parking at the Heath then?

- Free school breakfasts
    - Reopening of the vale of glamorgan train line
    - Free bus travel for elderly (first in the UK to do this)
    - Free prescriptions
    - Cap on fees for home care (I imagine many people on this forum benefit from).
    - The incoming south west and north Wales Metros
    - One of the best recycling rates in the world
    - Subsidised tuition fees
    - Free school meals for every primary school student (by 2024)
    - Biggest investment in schools since the 60s.
    - 20mph speed limits which will save lives.

I've benefited from the reopening of the vale line, my parents with free prescriptions, my grandparents with home care, I've had subsidised tuition fees, my nephews go to brand new schools and are less likely to be killed by cars. They also get fed at school for free which greatly helps out my siblings family.

When my dad was severely ill the NHS were incredible, when my gran fell she had a hip replacement within a couple of days.

Do you think people aren't struggling to get Dr appointments in England?

Here's a great read on how the Welsh conservatives would increase the Welsh NHS budget. Oh as usual it turns out they don't have a clue.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...621528576.html

It's so typical of conservatives to complain about what they vote for. Like Andrew Davies yesterday couldn't get the police to attend something after his party has made massive cuts to the police force.

Devolution can't protect Wales from austerity which has ruined services UK wide, stop pretending it can and stop defending making people's lives worse via budget cuts like your life depends on it.

The OP question is rather like asking people who have had their house burnt down why they haven’t done the decorating.

I think the free prescriptions are alright. Thats about it.

Tonight, on a night out, I told my friends from England that I couldn't get a doctor's appointment until January in Birchgrove surgery in Cardiff. They laughed. Thats the reality. Being laughed at.

What the hell do we get from it?

Anything?

Anything?

What do we get from it?
    Free prescriptions is one of their worst decisions.The result is that many people are now using up GP appointment slots in order to get a prescription for treatment that is readily available over the counter in a pharmacy. This of course is placing unnecessary demand on an already broken system.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    The OP question is rather like asking people who have had their house burnt down why they haven’t done the decorating.
    Great analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The time the thread was started does offer a clue doesn't it.
    In fairness to James, I'm sure he'll reflect on his shandy Bass fuelled rambling from this early morning and perhaps look more generally on some laws and processes implemented by Welsh Government and think privately they have done some good for the general population?

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to his critical analysis of the Welsh Government's performance and introduction of all said legislation and why they are and everything they've ever done is a crock of shiit?

I am sure that if you show the Surgery the last couple of posts you will be able to get an appointment much sooner than January.

I think that you failed a lot of people for not leaving Jim. next time, after a night out with some mates, do what normal people do. Put the kettle on and have a pot noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordi Culé View Post

Yeah, I bet he couldn't wait to get home and tell us.

My daughter is in her final year at Cardiff and Vale college and i only have to pay Ł50 for a yearly train pass. The rest is subsidised by Welsh Government.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    You’ve tried parking at the Heath then?
    well i have been going up the heath constantly for the last 6 weeks maybe 3 times every week and have found a parking spot every time no problem .Think I will be visiting for another 6 weeks too so at the end of it all would have cost quite a bit over a 3 month period in the old system

Notably i go between 6-8 every night . I do hear its difficult in the day time hours

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Yeah, I bet he couldn't wait to get home and tell us.
    James probably felt that it was in the public interest that we know about these things?

well i have been going up the heath constantly for the last 6 weeks maybe 3 times every week and have found a parking spot every time no problem .Think I will be visiting for another 6 weeks too so at the end of it all would have cost quite a bit over a 3 month period in the old system

Notably i go between 6-8 every night . I do hear its difficult in the day time hours
    You wouldn't have paid and would have slummed it on my drive I've not heard any news, I hope things are going O.K I'll not be in Rumney tonight got some stuff i have to complete.

No shit….they’ve ll gone by then. Forget it if it’s 8-4

Well you have 26 years worth of policies to go through and see what you can think of that they have done right or perhaps wrong ?