+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

Re: What good has Welsh Labour done for us?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Free prescriptions is one of their worst decisions.The result is that many people are now using up GP appointment slots in order to get a prescription for treatment that is readily available over the counter in a pharmacy. This of course is placing unnecessary demand on an already broken system.
    Exactly, people go to dr to get a prescription for paracetamol, which costs the NHS stupid money, rather than buy 24 for 50p or whatever it is in Lidl.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Most people in Wales vote Labour - so they obviously want and like what they get from Labour. I had a mate of a similar view talking about Thatcher and the mines - he seemed somewhat shocked when it was pointed out to him that Harold Wilson shut twice has many mines than Thatcher did - he had no words after that revelation.
    It was also a shock to him that both Govts stopped the tax payer assistance that was given to the coal board.
    And Harold Wilson made the Aberfan fund pay for the clean up of the disaster, horrible c@nt.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Nan mate - it doesnt annoy me - that's democracy - something I accept. Pity you cant seem to do the same.
    Nothing changes anyway….what was so great under Labour when Blair won? Nothing….a year or two of thinking a change is good but if anything the uk has plummeted since the millennium…..nothing will ever change in wales, it’s a poor area a bit like Cornwall/ West Country, heavily reliant on tourism yet doing all it can to pi$$ Tourists off from coming. Get yourself some private healthcare as the nhs here is phucked.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Nothing changes anyway….what was so great under Labour when Blair won? Nothing….a year or two of thinking a change is good but if anything the uk has plummeted since the millennium…..nothing will ever change in wales, it’s a poor area a bit like Cornwall/ West Country, heavily reliant on tourism yet doing all it can to pi$$ Tourists off from coming. Get yourself some private healthcare as the nhs here is phucked.
    You think the NHS is doing OK in England ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You think the NHS is doing OK in England ?
    Not everywhere, but as an example it’s a lot better over the bridge. Got friends who live in north Devon, Bristol and Cornwall and they don’t need to wait months for a hospital app, plus they have the drop in centres, no doubt they can’t do them here because they will be inundated and overrun

Not everywhere, but as an example it’s a lot better over the bridge. Got friends who live in north Devon, Bristol and Cornwall and they don’t need to wait months for a hospital app, plus they have the drop in centres, no doubt they can’t do them here because they will be inundated and overrun
    i,ve mentioned this above the walk in centres are great . Would take lots of pressure off GP's in Wales and wait times for patients

used them in the west midlands with an urban population of 3 million . if they could work there they could work here

It's not a lot better

In fact today they announced record waiting times in England

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    Exactly, people go to dr to get a prescription for paracetamol, which costs the NHS stupid money, rather than buy 24 for 50p or whatever it is in Lidl.
    This. Got a neighbour who boasts about claiming paracetamol, rather than spending 41p for a pack at Sainsburys. Costs the NHS around a tenner.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    parking at welsh hospitals free up to 4 hours

been a godsend for me the last 6 weeks !

on the flip side the english healthcare is much better and the walk in centres over there was a godsend for me when working in england

we should set up walk in centres in Wales . No need for booking appointments
    just looking at the parking costs at NHS England for patients /staff for 2022/23 .What a scandal

Would have cost me a small fortune this year if I lived over the border the amount of times i've been up to the heath this year !

https://news.sky.com/story/price-of-...%20every%20day.

I'm amazed that a G.P. would prescribe paracetamol on a routine basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Lots of people with chronic pain are on a regular 2 tablets , 4 times a day dose of paracetamol

When you’re in a high-pressure job and stressed to the max and faced with demanding patients, sometimes you’ve got to take the path of least resistance.

Not sure if you’re aware but Welsh Labour are proposing to bring back the Severn Bridge tolls in an effort to reduce the number of cars coming into South Wales in favour of more sustainable travel. Page 42.

they haven't imposed the income tax levels our friends up north have

Me too

Lots of people with chronic pain are on a regular 2 tablets , 4 times a day dose of paracetamol
    Which they could easily fund themselves

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Which they could easily fund themselves
    Dr's like to prescribe paracetamol to people in chronic pain to try and ensure they are taking it regularly

Those on regular delivery of medication can therefore be monitored

they saved a newt by not building the newport py pass

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think the free prescriptions are alright. Thats about it.

Tonight, on a night out, I told my friends from England that I couldn't get a doctor's appointment until January in Birchgrove surgery in Cardiff. They laughed. Thats the reality. Being laughed at.

What the hell do we get from it?

Anything?

Anything?

What do we get from it?
    Slowest speeds, worst roads, most closed shops, longest NHS queues and longest A&E waiting times and ruined the country.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Slowest speeds, worst roads, most closed shops, longest NHS queues and longest A&E waiting times and ruined the country.
    Just come back from the dentist, I’ve had to go private with a new dentist as my old one was no longer allowing kids free treatment.

Apparently the dentist system is so bad literally hundreds of people are going straight to A and E for what was routine dental care daily throughout the my local area.

Dr's like to prescribe paracetamol to people in chronic pain to try and ensure they are taking it regularly

Those on regular delivery of medication can therefore be monitored
    Dr's can do the shopping for housebound patients too. Or would thaat be a waste of money and time?

according to the last test results they have allowed our children to be free from the bondage of education

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Dr's can do the shopping for housebound patients too. Or would thaat be a waste of money and time?
    What is your point?

What makes me chuckle is how the Conservative voting idiots on here think it would be better under those tosspots

And that in Wales it's ever going to be a Conservative assembly government

Absolute complete arse on both counts

Not an easy one to answer is it ??

We know of nothing else other than single rule by a single party .

Yes life has changed from the tough Welsh landscape /workplace of the steel / Iron industrial age , into the cosmopolitan better world ,where folk live longer have have more that our parents /grandparents , bugger to do with Labour in Wales though .. Probably served better by Westminster via Thatcher / Blair policy making and changes .. those two changed changed the UK