+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Re: BBC LIcence Fee Hike

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, they generally think of themselves as in the centre ground of politics, that actual centrist stuff is left wing and NHS supporters come from the far left.
    I know a bloke who watches talk tv and reads the daily mail , gets all his views from those sources and still tries to argue that he and the stuff he digests is not right wing

Complete jellyheads

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    If I was easily indoctrinated I would probably engage on one side or another in the endless and often tiresome left v right spats on here.
    I belong to no herd and consider myself to have enough nous not to swallow anything whole, as it were - and most of the programmes I listed have little to do with didactic politics anyway.
    Everything is political in the end

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    bizarre post, what is even remotely left wing about, for example, in our time?
    Not bizarre at all, you can easily view historical events through a left wing lense. The Bolshevik revolution as just one example.
    Moral Maze recently had a discussion about whether the "family" was a force for good. Very left wing discussion. They wouldn't have the opposite discussion
    I find it's always the left who insist the BBC is nuetral, it really isn't lol
    State broadcaster nuetral? Behave, the whole ethos of a state funded broadcaster is left wing.
    People really need to get on the Telegram app to see just how left wing the BBC are, you're all probably too indoctrinated to tell.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NinianOpinion1927 View Post
    Not bizarre at all, you can easily view historical events through a left wing lense. The Bolshevik revolution as just one example.
    Moral Maze recently had a discussion about whether the "family" was a force for good. Very left wing discussion. They wouldn't have the opposite discussion
    State broadcaster nuetral? Behave, the whole ethos of a state funded broadcaster is left wing.
    People really need to get on the Telegram app to see just how left wing the BBC are, you're all probably too indoctrinated to tell.
    Defo has a left wing bias!

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The people who think the BBC is left wing are generally one nation , daily mail reading fruitcakes
    People who think the BBC isn't left wing are guardian reading, ethno masochistic weirdos.

International

People who think the BBC isn't left wing are guardian reading, ethno masochistic weirdos.
    This boards full of um!

Screenshot_2023-12-05-15-00-15-129_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

which of these topics do you think are left wing then?

is discussing plankton inherently incompatible with small state politics?

It's not neutral - it's establishment and right-wing in its management and editorial stance.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    This boards full of um!
    People who think the BBC is left wing are Mail reading, ethno masochistic weirdos.... and this board's full of um!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It's not neutral - it's establishment and right-wing in its management and editorial stance.

lol.
    But you're not left wing jon, from what i've read you'd be considered "hard" left so i'd expect you to view the BBC as right wing.

Screenshot_2023-12-05-15-00-15-129_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

which of these topics do you think are left wing then?

is discussing plankton inherently incompatible with small state politics?
    I have listed some examples.

The status of Plankton can easily be linked to Co2 in the environment and carbon emissions, and the bbc never miss an opportunity like this, hence my view.
    Also, somebody like Adam Rutherford is all over radio 4 and his views on race are pretty extreme and completely based on left wing dogma. But that's not a topic i want to get into on here.

I have listed some examples.

The status of Plankton can easily be linked to Co2 in the environment and carbon emissions, and the bbc never miss an opportunity like this, hence my view.
    Also, somebody like Adam Rutherford is all over radio 4 and his views on race are pretty extreme and completely based on left wing dogma. But that's not a topic i want to get into on here.
    The amount of atmospheric carbon isn't a left wing agenda, it's a measurable quantity.

I listened to the plankton episode and I don't recall it having anything to say about atmospheric carbon, it was basically about the biology of an interesting group of creatures.

that you think Adam Rutherford has extreme views on race days a lot more about you than it does about him.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    You have to wonder why someone with such strong opinions as NinianOpinion1927 took 7.5 months to start airing his opinions after registration. Still he's down the slipway now and I am sure there will be no stopping him!
    I don't know what you mean, i didn't start this discussion i just add my two pence worth. It's no big deal

The amount of atmospheric carbon isn't a left wing agenda, it's a measurable quantity.

I listened to the plankton episode and I don't recall it having anything to say about atmospheric carbon, it was basically about the biology of an interesting group of creatures.

that you think Adam Rutherford has extreme views on race days a lot more about you than it does about him.
    i didn't say that the amount of carbon is a left wing agenda. The way it is covered and approched can have a left wing narrative and turn into yet another lecture on global warming.

You love Adam Rutherford, that tells me all i need to know about where you are on the left/right spectrum.

i didn't say that the amount of carbon is a left wing agenda. The way it is covered and approched can have a left wing narrative and turn into yet another lecture on global warming.

You love Adam Rutherford, that tells me all i need to know about where you are on the left/right spectrum.
    where did I say that I love Adam Rutherford?

where did I say that I love Adam Rutherford?
    You just questioned my character because i dared question Rutherford's extreme views .lol
    I'm really not here to enter circular arguments with anyone either. Enjoy your day :)

You just questioned my character because i dared question Rutherford's extreme views .lol
    I'm really not here to enter circular arguments with anyone either. Enjoy your day :)
    Naff off you soppy tory

Just watched Mortimer and Whitehouse’s Gone Fishing, Christmas Special from 2021.

It was beautiful and only a show that the BBC could make it as it was.

The BBC is something to be proud of and celebrated.
    I do get the criticism, but when it sticks to its remit…there is nothing better!

How are his opinions on days when there is no racing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Just watched Mortimer and Whitehouse’s Gone Fishing, Christmas Special from 2021.

I do get the criticism, but when it sticks to its remit…there is nothing better!
    The was one about 20 years ago called the magic of angling or the art of fishing ?

That was like sitting in a chair and sucking on a bong

https://youtu.be/98gmHgPI828?si=aOyZbGzRsN7L1VsF

This is the one , a passion for angling

Voiced by Bernard Cribbins

The classic kids book fishing with Mr Crabtree was written by Bernard venables , a lovely old soul who was featured in this series shortly before he died , teaching us young uns how to catch the wise old perch

https://youtu.be/98gmHgPI828?si=aOyZbGzRsN7L1VsF

This is the one , a passion for angling

Voiced by Bernard Cribbins

The classic kids book fishing with Mr Crabtree was written by Bernard venables , a lovely old soul who was featured in this series shortly before he died , teaching us young uns how to catch the wise old perch
    No Mate,

This is Paul Whitehouse taking Bob Mortimer fishing, after he had heart surgery.
    Very funny, very poignant…a wonderful show.
    Think they have done around 5 seasons now.
    I couldn’t recommend it highly enough if you have never seen it.

The Christmas specials are especially great.

Bernard Cribbins was awesome.
    “Right Said Fred”.

Fishing show I loved when I was younger was “Go Gishing” with John Wilson on Channel 4.

No Mate,

This is Paul Whitehouse taking Bob Mortimer fishing, after he had heart surgery.
    Very funny, very poignant…a wonderful show.
    Think they have done around 5 seasons now.
    I couldn’t recommend it highly enough if you have never seen it.

The Christmas specials are especially great.

Bernard Cribbins was awesome.
    “Right Said Fred”.

Fishing show I loved when I was younger was “Go Gishing” with John Wilson on Channel 4.
    No sorry , " this is the one " refers to the video I found and was on about .....a passion for angling .....in response to your bob and paul show which I watch

Go fishing was great wasn't it mind you these people are fishing amazing waters

It's not cwmbran boating lake put it that way

No sorry , " this is the one " refers to the video I found and was on about .....a passion for angling .....in response to your bob and paul show which I watch

Go fishing was great wasn't it mind you these people are fishing amazing waters

It's not cwmbran boating lake put it that way
    Just watched it, great video.
    I used to go fishing most days in the school holidays and occasionally in the winter.

I went with my Brother a few years back out Monmouth way when I was back home.
    I used all my old tackle from my Dads shed that had gathered dust, rust and spiderwebs.

It was too easy as the ponds were massively overstocked with Carp.
    I enjoyed sitting on the bank, watching my float but I did feel really guilty, catching fish for my own enjoyment.

Just watched it, great video.
    I used to go fishing most days in the school holidays and occasionally in the winter.

I went with my Brother a few years back out Monmouth way when I was back home.
    I used all my old tackle from my Dads shed that had gathered dust, rust and spiderwebs.

It was too easy as the ponds were massively overstocked with Carp.
    I enjoyed sitting on the bank, watching my float but I did feel really guilty, catching fish for my own enjoyment.
    I am looking to fish the canal up through pontypool to brecon this spring for pike and perch on spinners

Like you I am not a fan of the commercial places where the fish are jumping out of the pond at you

I do a lot of sea fishing these days but a lot of sea anglers are tossers and leave loads of litter unlike coarse anglers who on the whole tend to keep places tidy

An element of cruelty , unintentional , in fishing is unavoidable sadly

Unlike fox hunting which I really can't abide