+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sunderland sack Mowbery

Sunderland sack Mowbery

Re: Sunderland sack Mowbery

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Wtf! They’re over performing,. Obviously have set the bar high.

More football madness

Went up season before last ?

Maybe it's the owners , the fans or both but what a joke given they are comfortable

They were in the Play offs last season and expectations were for more of the same this season, that said I am surprised- thought he was safe for a while yet because it’s hardly as if a top six finish is beyond them at the moment.

The 26 year old owner wants a younger, more dynamic coach and 60 year old Mowbray just doesnt fit the bill. First poor run of results and hes gone. Harsh but judging by Tony Mowbrays classy response to being sacked he sounds like he knew it was coming. Always like Mowbray and his teams have always tried to play good football.

There was rumours in the summer he was going to go but the 34 year old coach they wanted joined Nice so I wouldnt be surprised to see someone young and unknown coming in. Ill be shocked if its a Gary Rowett, Alex Neil type championship merrygound type appointment.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    Sick as a chip man!

I hope the owners come to regret that decision.

Tony Mowbray - one of the good guys.

And winner of the football manager's 'Lived In Face of the Year' for the last 10 years.

Good manager. As Greavsie famously said, "It's a funny old game". Nothing is guaranteed. Too many owners don't understand these days. Getting out of the Championship is very difficult.

A lot of fans in the Championship are completely deluded

I am sure it wasn't like this before the ridiculous wealth and fame of the Premier league came along

Big sides .......and Sunderland are a big club .....would get relegated , regroup then eventually pull themselves back

And of course the top flight only has 20 odd clubs

Now even if we lose a few games it's the end of the world on here

At clubs like Sunderland it must be ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The 26 year old owner wants a younger, more dynamic coach and 60 year old Mowbray just doesnt fit the bill. First poor run of results and hes gone. Harsh but judging by Tony Mowbrays classy response to being sacked he sounds like he knew it was coming. Always like Mowbray and his teams have always tried to play good football.

There was rumours in the summer he was going to go but the 34 year old coach they wanted joined Nice so I wouldnt be surprised to see someone young and unknown coming in. Ill be shocked if its a Gary Rowett, Alex Neil type championship merrygound type appointment.
    I imagine they have someone lined up who coached Dortmund's under 12s or something

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    A lot of fans in the Championship are completely deluded

I am sure it wasn't like this before the ridiculous wealth and fame of the Premier league came along

Big sides .......and Sunderland are a big club .....would get relegated , regroup then eventually pull themselves back

And of course the top flight only has 20 odd clubs

Now even if we lose a few games it's the end of the world on here

At clubs like Sunderland it must be ridiculous
    You're right. Things weren't like this before the Premier League. Since its inception, average crowds in the second tier have doubled. That's lots of deluded fans

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You're right. Things weren't like this before the Premier League. Since its inception, average crowds in the second tier have doubled. That's lots of deluded fans
    The reason why crowds have increased in the second tier is the desperate clamour to get back into the Premier league with all the stinking riches and fame it entails

But even then crowds drop after a bad season