+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Snus

Snus

Re: Snus

Sounds like what I used to refer to as snuff, or is that something different?

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    Sounds like what I used to refer to as snuff, or is that something different?
    it's a little pouch of tobacco that you keep in your mouth - popular in Scandinavian countries for a few years and now over here
    ridiculous thing to start up if you ask me

"I feel it has a detrimental effect on performance". Snus and you lose perhaps.

Snus to me ?

Just like Dipping tobacco I imagine, which is popular with baseball players.

My Mate was doing it when I was back home.

It's odd in that it's illegal to sell but not use

My mate in Norway used to use the stuff. It's very strong by all accounts, he had to start smoking to wean himself off the high nicotine content.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    My mate in Norway used to use the stuff. It's very strong by all accounts, he had to start smoking to wean himself off the high nicotine content.
    you can get different strengths apparently

I worked with a load of Swedes in the mid 90's and most of them used it yet very few smoked. Horrible stuff really burnt your gums

Is that the same as twist which miners used to chew because they couldn't have a fag underground?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Does he dabble with Surströmming?

Snus said , snuff the Snus is Snus

Yeah it's totally Scandinavian. Very popular and stink and is terrible

Didn’t realise it was illegal, thought it was available just not at all popular (anymore). Thought that’s what that Nordic Spirit stuff was that I’d noticed advertisements about the place for, and it was some attempt at reviving a product, but looks like that’s nicotine pouches.

The EU wants to ban snus in Sweden but Sweden has Systembolaget. Someone has to back down.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Does he dabble with Surströmming?
    Not if it's a mainly Swedish thing. I have tried their dried cod, minke whale and bags of dried cod that are like crisps.

a study is currently being done on it by the sports science dept in loughborough uni, will be interesting to see the results

It's horrid, and 'snusare' (those who 'snus') are scum of the earth (j/k). It's definately not "most" who use it but it does have its community. Little bags of tobacco made of like tea bag sort of material but a bit stronger, in all sorts of flavours or not flavoured.

Andrew Huberman has done a lot of material on nicotine - it's got a lot of benefits - namely for focus, but unfortunately most delivery methods cause death/disease/mutations of DNA. Would recommend anyone taking nicotine lozenges if you did want nicotine through fairly benign method of delivery to obtain its benefits, or to come off smoking or vaping (can get about 30 for something like £2 in Lidl). However it is a vasoconstrictor no matter how you take it.

No snus is good snus, I guess.

lössnus