+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No proof face masks ever worked against Covid, claims UKHSA boss

No proof face masks ever worked against Covid, claims UKHSA boss

Re: No proof face masks ever worked against Covid, claims UKHSA boss

I’m sorry. I can’t read anything that far right rag prints.

Quote Originally Posted by stevo View Post
    I’m sorry. I can’t read anything that far right rag prints.
    Don’t let facts cloud your judgement Steve ….. you’re becoming predictable bra …. Another one …….

This is becoming increasingly obvious what the agenda is bra

It’s just an extract from a newspaper, but it’s readily available from other outlets.

What’s the odds you followed her every word during the implementation, but now it doesn’t seem to matter

Uncertain

That doesn't mean doesn't work

Better to be safe

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Uncertain

That doesn't mean doesn't work

Better to be safe
    Up to 20% of hospital patients with Covid-19 caught it at hospital

Up to a fifth of patients with Covid-19 in several hospitals contracted the disease over the course of the pandemic while already being treated there for another illness, NHS bosses have told senior doctors and nurses. I’d say she’s correct.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/patient-safety...029211.article

International

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The pandemic was a disaster, you can't stop a pandemic, you just have to slightly slow it down, lockdowns after the first one were a complete waste of time and money and damaged the economy and mental health of the UK.

Up to 20% of hospital patients with Covid-19 caught it at hospital

Up to a fifth of patients with Covid-19 in several hospitals contracted the disease over the course of the pandemic while already being treated there for another illness, NHS bosses have told senior doctors and nurses. I’d say she’s correct.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/patient-safety...029211.article
    Her words were that the use of face masks was UNCERTAIN in respect of covid

The term uncertain doesn't mean they didn't work or there wasn't any proof

As for getting it in hospital thats irrelevant

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The pandemic was a disaster, you can't stop a pandemic, you just have to slightly slow it down, lockdowns after the first one were a complete waste of time and money and damaged the economy and mental health of the UK.
    https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrI...Y2NiIsImMiOjh9

Why do you say that the 2nd lockdown over the Dec 20-Jan 21 period was a complete waste of time and money? Here is the graph showing an exponential increase in deaths over that period which, unless controlled would have been much higher. The CMOs of the UK warned central and devolved governments that unless strict lockdown restrictions were introduced then their respective NHS systems would be overwhelmed because as we know, deaths are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the number of covid related admissions for intensive and clinical care.

I guess the further we get away from the event the wiser we become!

We did know at the outset that masks were more of a precautionary measure its old news . its the same as don't touch things ??

Minute particles Airborne are airborne and can easily penetrate the standard masks , I love the folk who would war then under their noses and in cars on their own ,even go to bed with them on , comfort blanket at best ...

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    We did know at the outset that masks were more of a precautionary measure its old news . its the same as don't touch things ??

Minute particles Airborne are airborne and can easily penetrate the standard masks , I love the folk who would war then under their noses and in cars on their own ,even go to bed with them on , comfort blanket at best ...
    Well until we were told it was OK not to wear one I think it was a good citizen to do so in public places and in hospitals

I think people complaining that wearing a face mask during that time was against their human rights needed a fecking good slap

Now we have learnt more about things then if another wave comes along we can do the right thing

People acting like they know more about medical issues than doctors is embarrassing , I would fecking lock them in a fridge

Well until we were told it was OK not to wear one I think it was a good citizen to do so in public places and in hospitals

I think people complaining that wearing a face mask during that time was against their human rights needed a fecking good slap

Now we have learnt more about things then if another wave comes along we can do the right thing

People acting like they know more about medical issues than doctors is embarrassing , I would fecking lock them in a fridge
    Even if the fridge was full?

boris fridge.jpeg

yeh

NOVEMBER 1, 2020

3 MIN READ

Scientists Failed to Use Common Sense Early in the Pandemic

The WHO’s initial advice dint help folk they stated not to wear masks in the fight to contain COVID as sowed dangerous confusion so off you go and slap some WHO fecker

BY NAOMI ORESKES

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post

Why do you say that the 2nd lockdown over the Dec 20-Jan 21 period was a complete waste of time and money? Here is the graph showing an exponential increase in deaths over that period which, unless controlled would have been much higher. The CMOs of the UK warned central and devolved governments that unless strict lockdown restrictions were introduced then their respective NHS systems would be overwhelmed because as we know, deaths are only the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the number of covid related admissions for intensive and clinical care.

I guess the further we get away from the event the wiser we become!
    That data doesn’t give the full story, sadly. Care home deaths were off the scale during that period.

Her words were that the use of face masks was UNCERTAIN in respect of covid

The term uncertain doesn't mean they didn't work or there wasn't any proof

As for getting it in hospital thats irrelevant
    How the heck is getting Covid in hospital irrelevant…. It’s supposed to be the most controlled area imaginable, that’s why they were almost empty of any other patient's and visitors . Masks in hospitals were 24/7 worn by people who knew how to wear them.
    You really are a blinkered if you can’t see the correlation.

No doubt harries comments have spooked you, and don’t be angry with me, be angry with the coercive behaviour of the government.

That data doesn’t give the full story, sadly. Care home deaths were off the scale during that period.
    Sadly your opinion is nonsense. On Page 9 you can clearly see by choosing the relevant buttons on the chart that the surge in deaths around the December-Jan lockdown period was mainly in hospitals, bearing out the CMOs warnings. Whilst the 1st lockdown had massive numbers of deaths in care homes this was not the case for the one under discussion!

Sadly your opinion is nonsense. On Page 9 you can clearly see by choosing the relevant buttons on the chart that the surge in deaths around the December-Jan lockdown period was mainly in hospitals, bearing out the CMOs warnings. Whilst the 1st lockdown had massive numbers of deaths in care homes this was not the case for the one under discussion!

I’m not here to argue with you , excess deaths with “Covid mentioned on the death certificate “ could mean that the primary cause of death is something else. (Operating procedures were cancelled, Cancer patients were left untreated etc )
    Let’s not forget that the average age of a Covid death is higher than the usual average death, and this was before a vaccine.

These is a surge of deaths in hospitals but 20% of these didn’t have Covid prior to admission. Work that one out.

As you’re so adapt at these graphs could you send a link of Covid only deaths during the same period which will give a better understanding. Thanks in advance.

I’m not here to argue with you , excess deaths with “Covid mentioned on the death certificate “ could mean that the primary cause of death is something else. (Operating procedures were cancelled, Cancer patients were left untreated etc .
    Let’s not forget that the average age of a Covid death is higher than the usual average death, and this was before a vaccine.

As you’re so adapt at these graphs could you send a link of Covid only deaths during the same period which will give a better understanding. Thanks in advance.
    So, obfuscation aside, your off the scale care home stuff was made up then.

And not the Covid only death stuff again. This was one of Wales-Bales's go to mantras when he wasn't calling it flu or saying hydroxochloroquine was an instant cure!

No it wasn’t made up, and you know it wasn't and they were off the scale in comparison to normal times.
    , and if you could post the link it would be appreciated.

I’m not sure if you’re aware but the testing system for Covid was highly ineffective and was not designed for mass testing.The cycle threshold was too high so you could be classed as a covid positive case when fully recovered. It may have “ been mentioned on the death certificate “ but as the testing process was not designed for which it was being conducted then you clearly the primary reason of death was something else, especially when 20% of people were admitted to hospital with an unrelated underlying illness, but caught Covid in hospital. ( tested positive within 28 days )

No it wasn’t made up, and you know it wasn't and they were off the scale in comparison to normal times.
    , and if you could post the link it would be appreciated.

I’m not sure if you’re aware but the testing system for Covid was highly ineffective and was not designed for mass testing.The cycle threshold was too high so you could be classed as a covid positive case when fully recovered. It may have “ been mentioned on the death certificate “ but as the testing process was not designed for which it was being conducted then you clearly the primary reason of death was something else, especially when 20% of people were admitted to hospital with an underlying illness. It
    https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5077593

Always makes me chuckle. Glad to see someone is carrying his torch!

https://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.ph...=1#post5077593

Always makes me chuckle. Glad to see someone is carrying his torch!
    What are you on about now ,as I’ve said , I’m not going to argue with you.The facts are there , but you refuse to see them.

You can bring up as many historical threads as you like - shows what you’re trying to do really and it’s a really poor attempt, but expected.

Why don’t you bring up the old coronavirus thread while you’re at it, that’s will be interesting, and of course the link I requested earlier in this thread. Thanks in anticipation.

Dr Hillary speaking on GMB back in 2020 regarding masks

according to him very little benefit in wearing masks with covid or transmission of seasonal flu

I think the surgical N95 masks were deemed fully protective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QT9l8-ixOQ

What are you on about now ,as I’ve said , I’m not going to argue with you.The facts are there , but you refuse to see them.

You can bring up as many historical threads as you like - shows what you’re trying to do really and it’s a really poor attempt, but expected.

Why don’t you bring up,the old coronavirus thread while you’re at it, that’s will be interesting.
    It's pretty simple. You made up a statement that care home deaths in the second lockdown were off the scale when the graph clearly shows this to be false. You don't seem to be able to accept that you are wrong in this instance as the facts clearly show. Everything else is just noise!

It's pretty simple. You made up a statement that care home deaths in the second lockdown were off the scale when the graph clearly shows this to be false. You don't seem to be able to accept that you are wrong in this instance as the facts clearly show. Everything else is just noise!
    Whilst you ignore all the other facts where’s the link ?

You a government bot or something MB ?

Noise , you sure about that

Residents of care homes in the UK and elsewhere are known to have been severely affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. In the UK this has been clearly demonstrated by very large increases in the number of excess deaths occurring in care homes in first and second waves 2020/21, and by studies in England, Scotland and Wales up to the summer of 2020. However, to date there have not been any large-scale studies of care home mortality in England over the first two pandemic waves that have been based on follow-up of care home residents regardless of whether they died where they lived or in hospital.

Whilst you ignore all the other facts where’s the link ?

You a government bot or something MB ?
    There you go. Third time lucky.

Click on place of death then click on care home and hospital. You will see hospital deaths starting to go "off the scale" and care home deaths relatively modest.