+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Villa do a job on Citeh

Villa do a job on Citeh

Only saw the 2nd half but Villa dominated all over the pitch. Can’t remember a team dominating Citeh in the PL like that for many years. Unai Emery has transformed them.

Re: Villa do a job on Citeh

Aston Villa really did muller them.
    I resent the fact that they are known as City.

Would they be the “de facto” City if it wasn’t for Man Utd being the local rivals?
    Have they always been the biggest club with City in their name?

Arsenal go to Villa, who haven't dropped a point at home in ages, on Saturday - another home win and I'd say Villa are title challengers even if they're nowhere near the side on their travels that they are at Villa Park.

Man City's record when Rodri doesn't play is very poor - he looks like the one player in their squad who is genuinely irreplaceable.

Steve Cooper still has the support of Forest's away support it seems, but he must be under pressure now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

Would they be the “de facto” City if it wasn’t for Man Utd being the local rivals?
    No other city come close to them in size

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    No other city come close to them in size
    i'd say the next biggest is Leicester

Many clubs are dropping their suffixes and we flirted with it for a bit just being know as Cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post

it gets to me as well sky constantly call them city , as well as lutons ground they call the kenny since when has it been known as that

All the big teams have off seasons, would be nice if this year it’s Man City.

Hopefully it’s a proper title race now. I can see Arsenal and Liverpool competing until the end of the season, but it would be nice if Villa don’t drop off and keep up their form.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Arsenal go to Villa, who haven't dropped a point at home in ages, on Saturday - another home win and I'd say Villa are title challengers even if they're nowhere near the side on their travels that they are at Villa Park.

Man City's record when Rodri doesn't play is very poor - he looks like the one player in their squad who is genuinely irreplaceable.

Steve Cooper still has the support of Forest's away support it seems, but he must be under pressure now.
    Steve Cooper still has the support of Forest's away support it seems, but he must be under pressure now.[/QUOTE]

Good to see a team in the top 7 that isn't one of the 'plastics'.

Forest look extremely poor last night and had relegation written all over them. First time I have seen them this season, they had an almost different XI starting the game compared to when I last saw them play. Why is Cooper bringing so many players in? Not having a settled team is very much to their detriment. The way things are going he'll end up getting the sack and be back in jackland by Xmas

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    i'd say the next biggest is Leicester

Many clubs are dropping their suffixes and we flirted with it for a bit just being know as Cardiff
    Speaking on occasions to other fans of ‘City’ clubs, they refer to their clubs as just ‘City’. Are we the only ones who, historically, refer to our club as ‘The City’. Non attending fans often ask me, ‘How are the City doing?’ not ‘How are City doing?’.

Even going to our games is known as ‘Going down the City’, hardly ever ‘I’m going down Ninian or I’m going down CCS’.

So in my opinion the others can be ‘City’ but we are ‘The City’ and that’s final!!!

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Speaking on occasions to other fans of ‘City’ clubs, they refer to their clubs as just ‘City’. Are we the only ones who, historically, refer to our club as ‘The City’. Non attending fans often ask me, ‘How are the City doing?’ not ‘How are City doing?’.

Even going to our games is known as ‘Going down the City’, hardly ever ‘I’m going down Ninian or I’m going down CCS’.

So in my opinion the others can be ‘City’ but we are ‘The City’ and that’s final!!!
    Correct.

100%.

Wise words!

Anyone else use the phrase "The City" with reference to their own club in conversation, now that's different

Ff sake city sort it out !

Kin hell city this is rubbish !

Etc

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Only saw the 2nd half but Villa dominated all over the pitch. Can’t remember a team dominating Citeh in the PL like that for many years. Unai Emery has transformed them.
    Citeh?
    Please don't

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Ff sake city sort it out !

Kin hell city this is rubbish !

Etc
    You left two ‘thes’ out

14 straight home wins as well isn't it? or is it 14 games unbeaten at home?

Seems like yesterday we totally outplayed them on our way to promotion, 3 up by half time were we? Amazing how quickly fortunes can change in football, they looked rudderless and going nowhere 5/6 years ago

Really enjoyed watching that last night. I've got to say, whatever moans people have about the prem, there have been some really entertaining matches to watch just in the last few days.

Good to see a team in the top 7 that isn't one of the 'plastics'.
    [/QUOTE]

Why aren't Villa plastic?
    My cousin who grew up in Cross Hands supports Villa which is pretty plastic to me. The future king does as well

Brighton born violinist, Nigel Kennedy, staunch Villa fan!!