+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

Re: CARDIFF CITY v MILLWALL. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Shocking decision. Ref has been very poor to be fair.
    He was decent enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He was decent enough.
    yes he was (decent enough...)

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    yes he was (decent enough...)
    No complaints from me, although the players made it easy for him.

Robinson and Grant are poor.
    Grant runs his arse off, it's clearly why he's in the team. End product not always the best but think he and Collins were the best of a bad bunch today, Colwill had his moments when he came on and for the most part the center backs were their usual solid selves.

Has to find better than Wintle though, if Ralls isn't fit enough to start every game. Can't play with 2 holding midfielders who just want to pass the ball 3 feet back and forward to each other or go back to the keeper every time. Robinson looks like he wants away in January.

Not sure if that's what you call winning ugly. But 3 points when needed 👍

need Rambo by the sounds of it.

I thought both Robinson and Grant were particularly poor. We're far better when Ralls plays but we need new faces in January

I've Never felt so underwhelmed after a win.

Shocking game of football

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    Not sure if that's what you call winning ugly. But 3 points when needed 👍
    That is probably the definition of 'winning ugly'.

Ugly goal. Ugly win. Beautiful 3 points!

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 MILLWALL. Match thread

A win is a win. Move on till Wednesday.

Watching Villa v Arsenal. I know there is a difference in quality, but that does not explain the added pace and desire of both teams compared to the game today. THAT should be a pre-requisite of any team...whether Premier league or Conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Watching Villa v Arsenal. I know there is a difference in quality, but that does not explain the added pace and desire of both teams compared to the game today. THAT should be a pre-requisite of any team...whether Premier league or Conference.
    Watching us and watching premier league is like watching two different sports. Has been that way for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Watching us and watching premier league is like watching two different sports. Has been that way for a while.
    That observation applied to most of the time we were in the premier league as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Grant runs his arse off, it's clearly why he's in the team. End product not always the best but think he and Collins were the best of a bad bunch today, Colwill had his moments when he came on and for the most part the center backs were their usual solid selves.

Has to find better than Wintle though, if Ralls isn't fit enough to start every game. Can't play with 2 holding midfielders who just want to pass the ball 3 feet back and forward to each other or go back to the keeper every time. Robinson looks like he wants away in January.
    Grant does put the work in, agree with that. Robinson has been poor for weeks, there seems to be a problem with him. Maybe he can't play in the way Bulut wants him to. There's a lot of playing quite deep and tucking in, and i don't think that Robinson likes it. So i think that Colwill will replace him in the next game. Not that much to do with Colwill's performances (Although he has shown glimpses) but more about Robinson playing so poorly.

The other thing is that when colwill replaces Robinson his role is different. Colwill plays higher up and across the front line, he definitely has more freedom than Robinson, which makes sense as only a fool would put Colwill in a dedicated position on the pitch. And more often than not, when Colwill appears the game has changed. I hope that Colwill gets a run now, but he has to impress Bulut, because if he doesn't then i believe that Bulut will bring a player in ahead of the pair of them in January. He may well do so whatever happens.

To be there seems to be an issue with Robinson at 10, he did have some very good games but we seem to have an issue with the space between him and the middle two. It just doesn’t seem natural

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Watching Sunderland and WBA earlier was like watching two different sports. That said, the first half today might well have been the worst 45 minutes I've witnessed in 61 years - even in the basement years..

Our goalie (can't be bothered to spell his name)should have been booked for time wasting in the first half. I've seen loads of crap performances from CCFC but today was on a different level.

During a break in play Bulit was giving Robbo instructions and Robbo was arguing back. Don't think he will be at City much longer.

At the end of the season those 3 points could prove vital in easing any relegation worries if we go on a crap run or possibly getting us into the play offs

It was dreadful to watch but the weather was to blame for that

They could easily have nicked one so it's very much a bonus

It's absolutely pointless worrying about the performance , our manager or any of the players as we are 7th

I mean when most people thought this season was going to be another miserable scrap at the bottom I think the position we find ourselves in is too good to be true

Bluebirds !

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    During a break in play Bulit was giving Robbo instructions and Robbo was arguing back. Don't think he will be at City much longer.
    It's a shame I think he's quality but it's just not happening

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Watching Sunderland and WBA earlier was like watching two different sports. That said, the first half today might well have been the worst 45 minutes I've witnessed in 61 years - even in the basement years..
    Rob Phillips' half time summary was to say that if anyone had gone Christmas shopping instead of the match, they made the right choice. His post match summary after the final whistle simply stated it was an awful game.

Grant does put the work in, agree with that. Robinson has been poor for weeks, there seems to be a problem with him. Maybe he can't play in the way Bulut wants him to. There's a lot of playing quite deep and tucking in, and i don't think that Robinson likes it. So i think that Colwill will replace him in the next game. Not that much to do with Colwill's performances (Although he has shown glimpses) but more about Robinson playing so poorly.

The other thing is that when colwill replaces Robinson his role is different. Colwill plays higher up and across the front line, he definitely has more freedom than Robinson, which makes sense as only a fool would put Colwill in a dedicated position on the pitch. And more often than not, when Colwill appears the game has changed. I hope that Colwill gets a run now, but he has to impress Bulut, because if he doesn't then i believe that Bulut will bring a player in ahead of the pair of them in January. He may well do so whatever happens.
    I don't think I've seen such a powder puff set of front players - etete bowler Robinson colwill and too an extent ugbo scared of physical contact especially when challenging for headers - meite for me at least is willing to get stuck in - the others not so much or in bowlers case not at all

I'm not talking about careering around like a bunch of Robbie savages but at least show some desire for 50 50 balls or sometimes 60 40 in our favour

I think with more.commitment and balls like grant from the other players then grant himself would benefit and at the moment I suspect grant is one of the first offensive players on the team sheet for the hard work rather than the end product

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I don't think I've seen such a powder puff set of front players - etete bowler Robinson colwill and too an extent ugbo scared of physical contact especially when challenging for headers - meite for me at least is willing to get stuck in - the others not so much or in bowlers case not at all

I'm not talking about careering around like a bunch of Robbie savages but at least show some desire for 50 50 balls or sometimes 60 40 in our favour

I think with more.commitment and balls like grant from the other players then grant himself would benefit and at the moment I suspect grant is one of the first offensive players on the team sheet for the hard work rather than the end product
    I'd agree with all of that. Ugbo plays like he's on Tramadol. He's somewhere else. Three times during the first half he reacted after the ball was played and was brushed aside by the central defender, he hardly put up any resistance in order to compensate for his lack of sharpness. He astounds me, there's absolutely zero urgency with him. Etete i feel a bit sorry for. He can play a bit and he doesn't hide, he's prepared to take his knocks. He's just the wrong shape for a Number 9, He can't hold the ball up, he likes to play, although i don't think that he'll ever be at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Rob Phillips' half time summary was to say that if anyone had gone Christmas shopping instead of the match, they made the right choice. His post match summary after the final whistle simply stated it was an awful game.
    I’ve started my blog for the game by naming the worst match I’ve had to write about in the fourteen years plus of its existence (a 0-0 draw with Brighton), but I said the only thing that might stop today’s first forty five minutes being the worst half I’ve seen in that time was the fact that Millwall woke up just before the break and our keeper had a couple of saves to make - we were absolutely dreadful in the first half and contributed nothing.

I'd agree with all of that. Ugbo plays like he's on Tramadol. He's somewhere else. Three times during the first half he reacted after the ball was played and was brushed aside by the central defender, he hardly put up any resistance in order to compensate for his lack of sharpness. He astounds me, there's absolutely zero urgency with him. Etete i feel a bit sorry for. He can play a bit and he doesn't hide, he's prepared to take his knocks. He's just the wrong shape for a Number 9, He can't hold the ball up, he likes to play, although i don't think that he'll ever be at this level.
    I’m more optimistic about Etete, it was a poor miss by him within seconds of coming on, but I thought he did well after that, better than the other two we tried at centre forward anyway. Thought Meite did pretty well on the wing though.