+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bidenomics

Bidenomics

Be careful what you wish for, coming to the UK soon

Re: Bidenomics

Is it coming to the UK soon ?

Free at the point of entry I believe - regardless of age, income or status.

There is an argument to be had re it's for UK citizens or people tax or NI etc.

There has always been the option to pay for a private consultation - freedom of choice.
    Dont know if you are aware - but GPs are not employed by the NHS they are independent and private companies / partnerships.

Under Labours proposals GP practices will be abolished and converted into super centres and GPs will become employees of the NHS (something none of them want).

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    Is it coming to the UK soon ?

Free at the point of entry I believe - regardless of age, income or status.

There is an argument to be had re it's for UK citizens or people tax or NI etc.

There has always been the option to pay for a private consultation - freedom of choice.
    Dont know if you are aware - but GPs are not employed by the NHS they are independent and private companies / partnerships.

Under Labours proposals GP practices will be abolished and converted into super centres and GPs will become employees of the NHS (something none of them want).
    If we use Dental treatment as a yardstick, this past 3 years has seen shift from NHS to private treatment not as a policy but the real world situation of getting an NHS dentist, I'm an NHS patient but the treatment I've had the past 3 years has all been on a private basis not because of choice of wanting to wedge them up but because I didn't want to wait in excess of 6/8 months for treatment, it's being forced due to lack of NHS availability, trying to get a doc appointment now is difficult in many parts especially face to face, how many women will spread their fanny apart in front of a monitor to a doc but would do it face to face in a surgery?, Blair started dismantling the NHS, continued and then some, by the Tory brigades since, the stealth operation will continue under Starmer, and when a majority are paying for it, we'll get the reveal that treatment will go all insurance based, this is all opinion of course, but also takes into consideration, observation of the past 2/3 decades and the manner at which the now failing NHS service has been gradually run down.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    If we use Dental treatment as a yardstick, this past 3 years has seen shift from NHS to private treatment not as a policy but the real world situation of getting an NHS dentist, I'm an NHS patient but the treatment I've had the past 3 years has all been on a private basis not because of choice of wanting to wedge them up but because I didn't want to wait in excess of 6/8 months for treatment, it's being forced due to lack of NHS availability, trying to get a doc appointment now is difficult in many parts especially face to face, how many women will spread their fanny apart in front of a monitor to a doc but would do it face to face in a surgery?, Blair started dismantling the NHS, continued and then some, by the Tory brigades since, the stealth operation will continue under Starmer, and when a majority are paying for it, we'll get the reveal that treatment will go all insurance based, this is all opinion of course, but also takes into consideration, observation of the past 2/3 decades and the manner at which the now failing NHS service has been gradually run down.
    Fair comment.

That is certainly the direction of travel - but it doesn't have to be that way.

A small start would be to end the public subsidy of private profit - fraudulent contracts as exposed during Covid, and public investment in training for future private sector medics. And the waste of the internal NHS market. And the disappearing 40 new hospitals promised by the Blond Buffoon. And the drift towards funding Big Pharma profits at the expense of the taxes and lives of working people (we are not in the situation of the USA yet - but it is on the table in the post-Brexit trade negotiations with the Americans).

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Fair comment.

That is certainly the direction of travel - but it doesn't have to be that way.

A small start would be to end the public subsidy of private profit - fraudulent contracts as exposed during Covid, and public investment in training for future private sector medics. And the waste of the internal NHS market. And the disappearing 40 new hospitals promised by the Blond Buffoon. And the drift towards funding Big Pharma profits at the expense of the taxes and lives of working people (we are not in the situation of the USA yet - but it is on the table in the post-Brexit trade negotiations with the Americans).
    It's a difficult topic the NHS, most of us will have depended on it during our lifetime, but it has become a subject that's impossible to debate before the shouting and screaming starts, the NHS needs to continue not everyone can opt to go private when needs must, however a root and branch reform IMO is required. It cannot be the cash cow it is, accountability is required, we all have probably views of procedures and practices that should be cut, this isn't easy, change and expectations of the NHS will have to be re evaluated.

I see 3 goals in this 2nd half.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathblue View Post
    It's a difficult topic the NHS, most of us will have depended on it during our lifetime, but it has become a subject that's impossible to debate before the shouting and screaming starts, the NHS needs to continue not everyone can opt to go private when needs must, however a root and branch reform IMO is required. It cannot be the cash cow it is, accountability is required, we all have probably views of procedures and practices that should be cut, this isn't easy, change and expectations of the NHS will have to be re evaluated.

I see 3 goals in this 2nd half.
    Shouldn't that be:

'I see 3 goals in this 2nd half
    Q'

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Shouldn't that be:

'I see 3 goals in this 2nd half
    Q'

Fat fingers on phone, was supposed to say I see 3 points!!!!!

The NHS is the worlds joint 4th largest employer, ahead of it were the US army, Chinese army, Indian state railway and the NHS were joint with approx 1.5 MILLION employees.
    If we cant run a health service with that number of people then the system is broken. Having worked in the NHS (Non medical) the amount of wastage is huge - and no one cares as the Govt just picks up the tab. In Wales Health is devolved so it's up to Labour how and where the money is spent - and they are doing a fecking awful job of it. English NHS is not much better - but it is better in terms of service and outcomes.
    NHS Wales is an utter basket case in terms of being different for differents sake.

If Labour get in at Westminster - watch out for the fun and games when they try and nationalise every GP practice in the country and turn them into super centres, where every GP is an employee of the NHS.

The 'Royal Mail' is owned - among others - by a Czech billionaire. Would be nice if our major utilities etc., were at least owned within the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The NHS is the worlds joint 4th largest employer, ahead of it were the US army, Chinese army, Indian state railway and the NHS were joint with approx 1.5 MILLION employees.
    If we cant run a health service with that number of people then the system is broken. Having worked in the NHS (Non medical) the amount of wastage is huge - and no one cares as the Govt just picks up the tab. In Wales Health is devolved so it's up to Labour how and where the money is spent - and they are doing a fecking awful job of it. English NHS is not much better - but it is better in terms of service and outcomes.
    NHS Wales is an utter basket case in terms of being different for differents sake.

If Labour get in at Westminster - watch out for the fun and games when they try and nationalise every GP practice in the country and turn them into super centres, where every GP is an employee of the NHS.
    https://x.com/Channel4News/status/16...336497156?s=20