+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 0 - 1 BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Wednesday December 13th, ko 7:45pm
    Live on Sky Sports Red Button and Sky Go.

Match Officials:

Referee: STEPHEN MARTIN
    Assistants: Mark Dwyer and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official : Andy Davies

Birmingham have lost six of the nine games that manager Wayne Rooney has taken charge of winning just one.

Rooney should have been sent off back in the Premier League when he took a kick at Jordan Mutch, so hopefully time he does get sent packing.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v BIRMINGHAM CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Wednesday December 13th, ko 7:45pm
    Live on Sky Sports Red Button and Sky Go.

Match Officials:

Referee: STEPHEN MARTIN
    Assistants: Mark Dwyer and Mark Pottage
    Fourth Official : Andy Davies

Birmingham have lost six of the nine games that manager Wayne Rooney has taken charge of winning just one.

Rooney should have been sent off back in the Premier League when he took a kick at Jordan Mutch, so hopefully time he does get sent packing.
    Could have done with VAR that day. Hope we give Brum a hammering on Wednesday. Would surely ve the end for Rooney. Have good feeling about the match.
    3-1 blooobirds!!

Ralls, Meite surely to come in, probably Colwill.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Ralls, Meite surely to come in, probably Colwill.
    I think so. Robbo in manager's bad books after arguing with him. Ugbo cannot start again, so I hope Etete will start in his place, with Meite in place of Bowler and Colwill in the hole.(so to speak)

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    I think so. Robbo in manager's bad books after arguing with him. Ugbo cannot start again, so I hope Etete will start in his place, with Meite in place of Bowler and Colwill in the hole.(so to speak)
    Colwill has to start, Robinson has just gone backwards this season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone in January

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Colwill has to start, Robinson has just gone backwards this season, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone in January
    I don’t see where he fits in this team (Robbo)

He’s not a striker and not the 10 we need as we play with a lump up front. He suits fast expansive football and we just aren’t that

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Good books or not he has been poor recently.

Personally think I’d leave Meite upfront and keep Bowler wide but Bowler really does need a big game, another who has been poor recently.

Need to mix it up a bit with games coming thick and fast. I fear we'll see the real limits of this squad

Siopis needs a rest but a Wintle-Ralls duo is hardly inspiring. Colwill should hopefully get a start

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Good books or not he has been poor recently.

Personally think I’d leave Meite upfront and keep Bowler wide but Bowler really does need a big game, another who has been poor recently.
    Bowler looks as if he is carrying an injury to me. I always find it interesting when players who have finished playing, reveal just how much of their careers they were playing with injuries.

Birmingham have a few injuries:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...rdiff-27366424

If that is right Dion Sanderson (formerly of this parish), George Hall, Ethan Laird, Kevin Long, Keshi Anderson, Tyler Roberts and Alfie Chang are all out for Wednesday, and Cody Drameh (also formerly of this parish) may be a doubt after missing the Coventry game on Friday with a rolled ankle.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Need to mix it up a bit with games coming thick and fast. I fear we'll see the real limits of this squad

Siopis needs a rest but a Wintle-Ralls duo is hardly inspiring. Colwill should hopefully get a start
    If Colwill doesn't get the nod for tomorrow then he never will. He deserves a run after Robinsons form, and Colwill although not outstanding, has contributed in a positive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    If Colwill doesn't get the nod for tomorrow then he never will. He deserves a run after Robinsons form, and Colwill although not outstanding, has contributed in a positive manner.
    I can't shake the feeling that Robinson may be looking to leave in January

As much as Bulut clearly doesn't rate Rinomhota and Sawyers, we do need some fresher legs in midfield, if he isn't going to use them then he might as well put an u21 on the bench. It's a huge ask to ask Ralls, Siopis and Wintle to keep going in every game throughout this period.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can't shake the feeling that Robinson may be looking to leave in January

As much as Bulut clearly doesn't rate Rinomhota and Sawyers, we do need some fresher legs in midfield, if he isn't going to use them then he might as well put an u21 on the bench. It's a huge ask to ask Ralls, Siopis and Wintle to keep going in every game throughout this period.
    Yup, i agree. Siopis looks half a yard slower and his stuff on the ball is slow. He needs a little break, but like you say, who do we put in? It may well be best for both parties if Robinson leaves. He's been decent for the best part but unlike Colwill, i don't think that he has completely embraced the work ethic off the ball that Bulut clearly wants to see. If he's in tomorrow then i'll eat my city bobble hat...

Robinson needs to be upfront

If we bought him as an attacking midfielder we have wasted our money

He's got the nous to score goals at this level but he needs to be playing off a big lump

Half hour to go before you can say tomorrow

Yup, i agree. Siopis looks half a yard slower and his stuff on the ball is slow. He needs a little break, but like you say, who do we put in? It may well be best for both parties if Robinson leaves. He's been decent for the best part but unlike Colwill, i don't think that he has completely embraced the work ethic off the ball that Bulut clearly wants to see. If he's in tomorrow then i'll eat my city bobble hat...
    Will Ramsey be told to adopt that same work ethic or will he be given an easier time of things?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Robinson needs to be upfront

If we bought him as an attacking midfielder we have wasted our money

He's got the nous to score goals at this level but he needs to be playing off a big lump
    He's not a reactionary striker, though, like Chopra.

Can’t see Robinson or Ugbo starting tomorrow and, Meite doesn’t do it for me as a central striker. It’s a shame Etete got injured just as it looked like he was establishing himself as our first choice striker - as it is, there are drawbacks to whoever we pick as attack leader at the moment. I think Meite did well on the wing 9n Saturday, but can see him as our number nine with Bowler and Grant on the wings as usual. The question is does Bulut start with Colwill, Wintle or Robbo at ten? Surely it’s time to give the first named a start?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Will Ramsey be told to adopt that same work ethic or will he be given an easier time of things?
    Ramsey has a great work ethic and cover loads of KM per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Have you never watched Ramsey play? His work ethic is exceptional even at his age

Anything but a win tomorrow given their form and injuries is a massive disappointment.

3-0 City.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Birmingham have a few injuries:

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...rdiff-27366424

If that is right Dion Sanderson (formerly of this parish), George Hall, Ethan Laird, Kevin Long, Keshi Anderson, Tyler Roberts and Alfie Chang are all out for Wednesday, and Cody Drameh (also formerly of this parish) may be a doubt after missing the Coventry game on Friday with a rolled ankle.
    Dion Sanderson fit for tomorrow. Cody Drameh not fit - out for couple of weeks more.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...-city-28276121

I always look forward to this one as it was the first fixture for me at NP. I'll go for another 3-1 victory but (sadly) with none of Toshack, King or Bird on the scoresheet.

Quote Originally Posted by JumpersforGoalposts View Post
    I always look forward to this one as it was the first fixture for me at NP. I'll go for another 3-1 victory but (sadly) with none of Toshack, King or Bird on the scoresheet.
    Mine was a hot August Bank Holiday in 1970. a 0-0 draw. Trevor Francis playing for Brum

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    Mine was a hot August Bank Holiday in 1970. a 0-0 draw. Trevor Francis playing for Brum
    Mine was the previous season a freezing Feb with torrential rain and what looked like a pitch made entirely of mud.