Brutal.

Re: Chiefs

Exeter?
    Kansas?

Little big horn ?

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    It's ok, I'm over it now. Onwards and upwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    It's ok, I'm over it now. Onwards and upwards.
    Are we talking about the clear and obvious neutral zone infraction?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are we talking about the clear and obvious neutral zone infraction?
    The right call, of course, but what a way to lose a game. Not just any game either, such a rivalry there now. I guess that's why Mahomes lost his shit this week over a correct decision but stayed calm last week after a rubbish one.

The Chiefs seem a bit accident prone this season, lots of dropped passes and silly penalties. Better to get them out the way now I guess but losing close games is a bad habit to get into.

Anybody watched Quarterback on Netflix, which follows Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota. I really enjoyed it and you don’t have to be an American football fan to follow it.
    Last edited by SOXY BOY; 12-12-23 at 20:30. Reason: Wrong spelling

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    Anybody watched Quarterback on Netflix, which follows Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota. I really enjoyed it and you don’t have to be an American football fan to follow it.
    I've heard it's good, I should watch it. Mahomes is a phenomenon.

Good away win for the City yesterday.

I've heard it's good, I should watch it. Mahomes is a phenomenon.
    Mahomes McCastle?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Mahomes McCastle?
    Pat Cash for sure. Worth every penny/cent though.

Should be a tough battle with the Ravens next weekend. I actually felt sorry for the Bills yesterday. They've never won a Super Bowl and lost 4 straight in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Should be a tough battle with the Ravens next weekend. I actually felt sorry for the Bills yesterday. They've never won a Super Bowl and lost 4 straight in the 90s.
    Until the Chiefs are out of it I won't be picking against Mahomes, their offence seems to have switched on at the most opportune time.

Felt sorry for the Bills fans having to watch them go for that fake punt

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Until the Chiefs are out of it I won't be picking against Mahomes, their offence seems to have switched on at the most opportune time.

Felt sorry for the Bills fans having to watch them go for that fake punt
    Don't worry, they can always send the video of that to You've Been Framed and get £250 if they want.

Fair play to the Chiefs. Really good when it mattered, as you say, having stuttered through most of the season. The Bills were in the perfect position with two minutes left and couldn't get it done, hard to feel too much sympathy for them.

Getting lucky tonight, Ravens throwing it away! Although it'll be nice if the 9ers can get revenge in the Suber Owl.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Johnson View Post
    Getting lucky tonight, Ravens throwing it away! Although it'll be nice if the 9ers can get revenge in the Suber Owl.
    The Ravens got lucky that Kansas declared when they got to 17 as Andy Reid turned into Jose Mourinho for the second half. The bus parking and running down the clock made the final score look respectable, which was more than Baltimore deserved. Their lack of discipline was ridiculous and Lamar Jackson was poor, the pass that got intercepted in the endzone made Buffalo's punt fake last week look like genius. He should do a Paula Vennells and hand his MVP award back if he wins it.

Set up to be a decent Super Bowl now, hard one to call.

The Ravens got lucky that Kansas declared when they got to 17 as Andy Reid turned into Jose Mourinho for the second half. The bus parking and running down the clock made the final score look respectable, which was more than Baltimore deserved. Their lack of discipline was ridiculous and Lamar Jackson was poor, the pass that got intercepted in the endzone made Buffalo's punt fake last week look like genius. He should do a Paula Vennells and hand his MVP award back if he wins it.

Set up to be a decent Super Bowl now, hard one to call.
    The KC corners & safeties had a superb 2nd half, Jackson had nowhere to go. Pacheco has been a major bonus and gives them great options

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    The KC corners & safeties had a superb 2nd half, Jackson had nowhere to go. Pacheco has been a major bonus and gives them great options
    Weird to see Kansas have to punt as much as they did in the second half but they were defending so well they didn't need to take any risks. Just had to keep it simple and avoid the turnovers and penalties that have crept into their game this season and could've changed the momentum yesterday.

They made it hard for Jackson, of course, but he didn't help himself either. A lot of talk about how his arm has improved over the years but there was little evidence of that. The Ravens weren't great in a number of ways but Jackson had to lead by example and drag the team through it somehow. I felt Josh Allen did that last week without much support, even though it ended in defeat, and he's done it before against the Chiefs. Burrow too, but Jackson was found wanting. We'll see how Purdy does.

Jackson never looked comfortable all game, and Kelsey was ridiculous….showing off in front of his g/f !

Was wonderful to see Lamar falling apart. That throw to himself summed it up. Far more confident (that doesn't mean I am confident) on beating Manholes, Kelsey and Swift in the big one! #FTTB

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Johnson View Post
    Was wonderful to see Lamar falling apart. That throw to himself summed it up. Far more confident (that doesn't mean I am confident) on beating Manholes, Kelsey and Swift in the big one! #FTTB
    Just worry about Mahomes and Kelce, I don't think Swift will be getting a run out to be honest. I know Andy Reid loves his trick plays but surely the insurance premiums would rule it out. Maybe she'd be good to kick an extra point, we'll see.

I get the confidence thing totally. The Ravens would've bullied the 49ers into submission if they'd gone through but it's a 50/50 game now.