+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bootleg Beatles

Bootleg Beatles

Very enjoyable evening at the CIA/Motorpoint/Utilita tonight. Lovely bit of nostalgia.

Re: Bootleg Beatles

Yes good show

Bit of a big venue for them though ?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Yes good show

You went?

Seen them loads of times, great night, always…..

First Team

Saw them last year and they put on a great show.
    Slightly disturbing was the Paul McCartney person as he appeared to have had some dubious plastic surgery to look like the original.
    Compare that to the drummer who had some dodgy wigs and noses, which he soon disposed of.

I've never been into bands who try to imitate others.

I don't mind when there are a few covers, but dressing up the same and copying mannerisms of thr band members is a bit embarrassing.

I always wonder why can't they do their own stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I don't mind when there are a few covers, but dressing up the same and copying mannerisms of thr band members is a bit embarrassing.

I think if you were in a covers band getting paid big bucks you would not find it embarrassing in the slightest.

Not everybody is creative enough to write their own music. I play guitar to a reasonable level (sort of) but alas songwriting is not a gift that has been bestowed on me.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post

I won’t recommend The Rat Pack to you then

Dressed To Kill , Kiss tribute band , great laugh , very close to the 1976 glam rock band

Led Zep tribute ........can't remember their name ......again really close

Limehouse Lizzy ......havnt seen them but supposed to be excellent

Australian Pink Floyd ......for people who love Floyd ...I find them hard work after 1979 ....they are as close as you will get to seeing them live

https://youtu.be/ymifsAhLLFc?si=HMq05maTdI4d8Suc

Sabbath Tribute , Children Of The Gravy

Bridgend On Tour

The bootleg Paul is actually right handed..but learnt to play guitar left handed..for effect

Yes good show

They usually play St David's Hall this time of year so I assume it was moved because of the closure.

Quote Originally Posted by Geraint Pillock View Post
    They usually play St David's Hall this time of year so I assume it was moved because of the closure.
    I thought as much

Although the CIA isn't a very big arena as things go I wouldn't have thought it would be their kind of venue

https://youtu.be/ymifsAhLLFc?si=HMq05maTdI4d8Suc

Sabbath Tribute , Children Of The Gravy

Bridgend On Tour
    In the late 70's/early 80's there was a programme on BBC Wales regarding the 3 blocks of flats in Ball Road Llanrumney and the social problems being experienced there. To make it more sinister, they had Children Of The Grave as the backing track, which I found quite hilarious being both a Sabbath fan and a Llanrumney boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    In the late 70's/early 80's there was a programme on BBC Wales regarding the 3 blocks of flats in Ball Road Llanrumney and the social problems being experienced there. To make it more sinister, they had Children Of The Grave as the backing track, which I found quite hilarious being both a Sabbath fan and a Llanrumney boy.
    Are the flats still there or has the devil demolished them ?

Are the flats still there or has the devil demolished them ?
    Quote from Old Nick himself: " What is this that stands before me ?" And then they were gone.

Quote from Old Nick himself: " What is this that stands before me ?" And then they were gone.
    Oh no please god help me ......riff !

No fecking flats

Has anyone seen the Analogues? I would love to see them. As far as I know, they have never come here.

[QUOTE=NYCBlue;5475717]Has anyone seen the Analogues? I would love to see them. As far as I know, they have never come here.[/QUOTt

They are from Holland.

[QUOTE=Vindec;5475744]
    Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Has anyone seen the Analogues? I would love to see them. As far as I know, they have never come here.[/QUOTt

They are from Holland.
    I know that. They have played in the UK and they play in Europe. They have yet to come to the US as far as I know. Anyway, I would pay good money to see them perform live.

I think if you were in a covers band getting paid big bucks you would not find it embarrassing in the slightest.

Not everybody is creative enough to write their own music. I play guitar to a reasonable level (sort of) but alas songwriting is not a gift that has been bestowed on me.

Exactly, there is an audience who goes out on a Friday and Saturday night to have a few beers and watch a good set of musicians play some of their favorite tracks, I go out and watch original material but also and as I will be doing tonight go out and watch covers, I presume you play on the local circuit, I went to the pats last week to see Pipe Dream, I will see them again tonight in the potters, great musicians, tight band and good guys who take the time and effort to acknowledge those who go to watch them Covid messed things up a bit but a few of the bands I used to watch regularly are still going.

Exactly. Also, there is something to be admired about musicians who are versatile enough to in be something like a wedding band. Add to that, they are making a career out of doing something they love. And I'm sure most of them tried it the other way before they found their niche.