+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was this the best goal ever scored at Ninian Park ?

Was this the best goal ever scored at Ninian Park ?

if not name me a better one . just wish it was in colour

Re: Was this the best goal ever scored at Ninian Park ?

That was good - hopeful strike perhaps?

But for me it has to be Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.
    Pretty much started the move, the depth touch by Whitts.
    Magic.

https://youtu.be/qtz9zztNIwE?si=iULDIR3q3lg4bVdM

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    if not name me a better one . just wish it was in colour

It’s the best I saw scored there and I’d be pretty surprised if there was one better than it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s the best I saw scored there and I’d be pretty surprised if there was one better than it.
    What about Darren Purse in the Leicester game?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What about Darren Purse in the Leicester game?
    A classic of its type, but not even the best own goal I’ve seen from a City centre back, Don Murray’s delicate lob from thirty five yards over Bob Wilson I think it was in a game against Millwall (1967?) wins that award.

From about .54 . Tiki Taffa!

A classic of its type, but not even the best own goal I’ve seen from a City centre back, Don Murray’s delicate lob from thirty five yards over Bob Wilson I think it was in a game against Millwall (1967?) wins that award.
    There probably isn't any footage of that, unfortunately. While not from a centre back, Jason Perry's og at home to Crewe was another delight.

Depends how you define 'best'. Technique is in the Whitts archive. But this was just fantastic. Great kit too!
    https://youtu.be/zLhYivyQpdI?si=JKFOtkvDPqyceYLx

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Magic.

So good

Hasselbainks is one of my favourites, as is Stephen McPhails vs Hull

https://youtu.be/43MdxB-mykg?feature=shared

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Hasselbainks is one of my favourites, as is Stephen McPhails vs Hull

https://youtu.be/43MdxB-mykg?feature=shared
    Apart from some bloopers from Richard Shepherd, I've never seen that goal since the game itself. I thought that McPhail was much closer to the left hand side as I looked when I saw the goal live, then remembered the cameras were on the bob bank and I was in the grandstand for that game!!

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post

Magic.

Both that and the Peter King goal are amazing fair play. I still rate the John Buchanan goal as my all time favourite, even if it was a bit of a fluke! (Cardiff vs Swansea 1980). The video on YouTube seems to have disappeared sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Both that and the Peter King goal are amazing fair play. I still rate the John Buchanan goal as my all time favourite, even if it was a bit of a fluke! (Cardiff vs Swansea 1980). The video on YouTube seems to have disappeared sadly.
    I was at the back of the Bob bank, when Wayne Hughes took the free kick. and finished up at the front by the time we finished celebrating Buchanans rocket
    I’d be hard pressed to pick one of the fantastic goals that Whitts scored as there were so many to choose from, but for sheer pleasure and excitement that goal 40 odd years ago has to be up there

Well done lads.
    12 replies deep and no one has mentioned Gabia-****ing-dini

Yes it was good, yes many cardiff fans applauded it, but it gets brought up far too often in these chats imo.

Shit, just realised it’s me that’s brought it up this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff-Cal View Post
    Well done lads.
    12 replies deep and no one has mentioned Gabia-****ing-dini

Yes it was good, yes many cardiff fans applauded it, but it gets brought up far too often in these chats imo.

Shit, just realised it’s me that’s brought it up this time.
    I was just going to mention it people tend to forget goals from our opponents can’t think of any others that stick in the mind like that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    I have this on the website I set up.......just scroll down the timeline.....
    https://libertybs.co.uk/CCFC_memories/videos.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There probably isn't any footage of that, unfortunately. While not from a centre back, Jason Perry's og at home to Crewe was another delight.
    Eric, wasn't that own goal scored by Jason Bowen not Perry ? For memory he was out wide in the left back position and somehow beat our keeper with a 30 yard back pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Eric, wasn't that own goal scored by Jason Bowen not Perry ? For memory he was out wide in the left back position and somehow beat our keeper with a 30 yard back pass.
    It was Jason Bowen, I’m sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Yes it was.

I was standing on the Bob Bank that day in line with Peter King's volley. I always think of it as the best City goal I have ever seen.

Peter King always seemed to be a very unassuming character, a very good player. Only 5 players in our history have played more games in total for us. He is a City Legend, an attribution given these days by fans to far too many undeserving players. I stand to be corrected but I can't recall any pictures of Peter King in concourses or in the various levels in the main stand. If this is the case then it needs to corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    I was standing on the Bob Bank that day in line with Peter King's volley. I always think of it as the best City goal I have ever seen.

Peter King always seemed to be a very unassuming character, a very good player. Only 5 players in our history have played more games in total for us. He is a City Legend, an attribution given these days by fans to far too many undeserving players. I stand to be corrected but I can't recall any pictures of Peter King in concourses or in the various levels in the main stand. If this is the case then it needs to corrected.
    Yes, I agree. I remember him as someone with no great strengths to his game, t more importantly, there weren't any real weakness either - he was a good, solid seven or eight out of ten every week and I would have thought he was someone who would have coped with First Division football if we'd been promoted in 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I was just going to mention it people tend to forget goals from our opponents can’t think of any others that stick in the mind like that one.
    I'd rate Phillip Billing's goal for Huddersfield down here in 2016 as better than Gabbiadini's.

What about Jason Fowlers chip against Brentford.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbluejay View Post
    What about Jason Fowlers chip against Brentford.
    Great goal,reminds me of Glen Hoddle.

An honourable mention to Mark Delaneys length of the pitch solo goal against Chester City in FA Cup.