Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
Derby is a football town, Bournemouth isn’t, if they and Brentford went back to league 1 or two no one would notice or think they are a big fish. I reckon it would take 5-10 years of continuous PL status for us to change the way people think in the city. The parents never went so doubt their kids will…..
I agree, sustained success would see a rise on the base line again as we've seen in the last 15 years. We've just hit a plateau.

I don't know what constitutes a football town, but they (Derby) are surrounded by more successful teams and hold their own, same as Coventry. I'd imagine fans come from the city itself. As I keep saying even a small % increase from the people of Cardiff would see a jump in attendances.

The fact you can wander around Grangetown, Canton or Riverside on a Saturday and have no idea that there's a football club ten minutes away is crazy. There must be a reason why the people who live so close to the ground have no appetite?

If we can convince lads to drive down from the Rhondda etc then surely convincing someone to walk over to the ground should be easy?

That's the bit which doesn't make sense for me, seems counter intuitive?