+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Our fanbase from the City of Cardiff (again)

Re: Our fanbase from the City of Cardiff (again)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    There can't be many worse places in the UK for public transport than Bristol.
    Parking at Ashton Gate is a nightmare, in my experience.
    Ashton Gate is much further from Temple Meads than CCS is is from Cardiff Central.
    AG is further from Bristol city centre than CC is is from 'town'.
    AG is also out on a limb, being on the western periphery of the city - and where there is no super-duper ring road.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So not mind blowing then? Because to me it seems like exactly the same thing. Bristol City's attendance average was about 6% higher than ours last season
    Bristol City’s season tickets prices for children included a free home shirt, ( and were better value) plus the away attendances at Ashton Gate were higher that when we got. That’s the 6% accounted for

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Bristol City’s season tickets prices for children included a free home shirt, ( and were better value) plus the away attendances at Ashton Gate were higher that when we got. That’s the 6% accounted for
    They were doing ok for them last season too, new stand opened to I think. As for the traffic there, it’s far worse than here when I lived there 20 yrs ago. You’d be very lucky to get to 20 mph going across town

A football club and what they produce (entertaining football) is a measurable thing. If watching the city was entertaining, with great performances, attacking football, challenging matches etc then yes it would be packed - like it was in the Malky / Warnock promotion season and the premier league seasons.
    But in reality watching the city play - has not been in the least bit entertaining over the last decade and that is reflected in the attendances. In fact Im surprised it has been as high as it has been - considering what has been on offer to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Mark Denham and Ashley James make me wince so bad with their commentary.
    I know that I sound like a broken record, but they spoil my experience so so much.

Just watched the highlights of the game that was posted on the “best goal at Ninian Park” showing the Barnet free kick.
    The guy commenting was quite unpolished, but so full of excitement and enthusiasm.
    I’d love to hear someone like that rather than the dour, football hipsters that we have who constantly call The City players by their first names, initials or nicknames.

It’s an irrational hatred now for me.
    That is quite annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Parry View Post
    After the move from Ninian Park, we were growing season on season. The club killed all momentum with the rebrand. There’s still plenty of former season ticket holders who either don’t go down or pick and choose games.

Considering what’s happened over the last decade, is our average even that bad?
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    A football club and what they produce (entertaining football) is a measurable thing. If watching the city was entertaining, with great performances, attacking football, challenging matches etc then yes it would be packed - like it was in the Malky / Warnock promotion season and the premier league seasons.
    But in reality watching the city play - has not been in the least bit entertaining over the last decade and that is reflected in the attendances. In fact Im surprised it has been as high as it has been - considering what has been on offer to watch.
    CCS was far from packed in the Warnock promotion season, we weren't even getting 20k regularly until March

Tickets will be flying out for the next home match after the last few weeks, not to mention a fine Xmas present watching Leicester put five past us.

on a positive when we talk about attendances

todays see's the 7'th 20k plus attendance so far this season

increasing year on year over the last few seasons

think we will hit it again against Leicester

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    on a positive when we talk about attendances

todays see's the 7'th 20k plus attendance so far this season

increasing year on year over the last few seasons

think we will hit it again against Leicester
    Can't complain about our crowds this season, given the previous few seasons and some of the rubbish we've had this season.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    That is quite annoying
    I know it shouldn't wind me up, but it does. I'm fed up of them referring to players as Perry, JC, Kion or Dimi. So much so I usually watch the match with the sound off.