+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Where is Tan!

Where is Tan!

Any idea about this mystical asian's whereabouts ? or have a missed that we've sold ?

Re: Where is Tan!

No clue but keeping a low profile is what is always best from an owner, so the less we hear from him the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    No clue but keeping a low profile is what is always best from an owner, so the less we hear from him the better.
    Exactly this….prob still just buzzing he got the Sala insurance money.

With Tan Van Haig.

Perhaps we should ,ask where are the players performances, who are on wages we'd die for, paid for by him...

Not sure, does it matter? Why do you need to know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    With Tan Van Haig.

Perhaps we should ,ask where are the players performances, who are on wages we'd die for, paid for by him...
    Tan Van Haig What does that even mean?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Tan Van Haig What does that even mean?
    Feck knows

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Indeed.

Who cares he keeps us afloat.

I've had loads of texts from loads of mates saying he is dusting off his CV to apply for the job of first minister 👍

Hopefully he is writing the cheques, getting Ken Choo to clean Lamborghinis on the forecourt of an HR Owen dealership somewhere and leaving all the strategic decisions to Mehmet Dalman.

I'm not being facetious but I still don't understand why he retains an interest in City, which costs hom very good money.
    Kudos can't surely be the answer!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I'm not being facetious but I still don't understand why he retains an interest in City, which costs hom very good money.

It’s a very good point. It has crossed my mind several times. The only reasonable excuse is that he’s using the losses on the club to offset losses in other parts of his businesses.
    We’ll never be able to see his books but like most people in similar positions the real financial position is obscured by a variety of different accounting practices both in the UK, US, Belgium, Malaysia and wherever else he has business interests

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    It’s a very good point. It has crossed my mind several times. The only reasonable excuse is that he’s using the losses on the club to offset losses in other parts of his businesses.
    We’ll never be able to see his books but like most people in similar positions the real financial position is obscured by a variety of different accounting practices both in the UK, US, Belgium, Malaysia and wherever else he has business interests
    No different to 95% of other football owners outside of the Premier League then

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    You may be right but I doubt the reason is current financial. He may have hopes of selling the club in the Premier League and recouping most if not all of what he has put in - but for now I expect the answer is vanity, prestige, bloody mindedness and a lack of viable sale options.

Mehmet Dalman has always said that, if the right offer comes along, the club is for sale. Now that the transfer embargo is out of the way and the Sala transfer fee has been paid the Nantes litigation is a bit of a punt which may come off either partially or wholly (it's difficult to envisage the latter but the former must be a possibility) so I don't suppose Tan will be opting out of Cardiff City before that is resolved one way or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He owns the club...have you missed the whole Wrexham thing, you know where the owners actually care about the club etc

I can understand your thinking

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He owns the club...have you missed the whole Wrexham thing, you know where the owners actually care about the club etc
    They tell people what they want to know, good on them, I like them.

I’m not sure it means all owners have to update fans on what they are doing and where they are going, he keeps us afloat, that will do for me.

Where's Erol

The financial loss isn't completely real until he sells up.

I think he's hoping for promotion on a very modest budget.

Also the recent court cases have probably had much to do with his sticking around.

There's no financial gain at the moment, I can't see what enjoyment he gets from owning an average championship club either.

He missed a trick during the whole rebrand thing by not inviting netflix or prime in for a documentary series. Without doubt they would have had more interesting content than they could begin to edit. Was already a circus. Could have been the real version of the office.

You know what they say - no news is good news.
    I'm more concerned as to what happens if he dies.