+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things That Make You Feel Old

Things That Make You Feel Old

There was an item on the local news tonight about one of the lads who was injured in that car crash in Coed Ely.
    He was a youth footballer with Bristol Rovers. The item included an interview with Bristol Rovers Academy Manager, Byron Anthony. He's 39 now, I remember him as a youth player at Cardiff.

Re: Things That Make You Feel Old

Getting up in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    There was an item on the local news tonight about one of the lads who was injured in that car crash in Coed Ely.
    He was a youth footballer with Bristol Rovers. The item included an interview with Bristol Rovers Academy Manager, Byron Anthony. He's 39 now, I remember him as a youth player at Cardiff.
    I used to play football with his uncle.
    That makes me feel old lol.

Watching classic films and realising the actors who looked so old were younger than me

Clint Eastwood for example

Nothing really makes me feel old, apart from recovery after a hard days work. I can still put it in, but can't recover like i could 5-10 years ago, i'm ****ed for 2 days.

My prostate, My diminishing pubic and hair in general.My grip. libido. BUT i can't wait for being a pensioner.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    My prostate, My diminishing pubic and hair in general.My grip. libido. BUT i can't wait for being a pensioner.
    I have noticed a lot of pubes on the shower floor

It's an interesting phenomenan

My knees

Thinking that anything that happened in the early 80s, happened closer to the end of WWII, than it did to today.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Thinking that anything that happened in the early 80s, happened closer to the end of WWII, than it did to today.
    WWII finished 16 years before I was born. It's ancient history to me, but music of the 70s is proper music and most since then is modern reworkings.

Seeing all these nubile 65 year olds.

WWII finished 16 years before I was born. It's ancient history to me, but music of the 70s is proper music and most since then is modern reworkings.
    thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Seeing all these nubile 65 year olds.
    😃

As my Essex mate Roy would say: you're having a larf mate, aint yuh!

Everybody knows the music from the 60's is proper music.

Listening to Gold UK (or similar) while driving and constantly saying to yourself " that ain't an oldie".

Playing football with your Grandson and trying to do the same things you did with your Son when he was the same age.

I don't feel old myself and am in good health but am reminded of my mortality every couple of months when I hear of ex-colleagues of my own generation having died.
    I worked for decades in a place that employed 900 to 1,000 people so statistically it is not surprising - but it does sometimes feel like it's like being in the firing line.
    I have always been mindful that the Grim Reaper may make an appearance at any time and thought that any life after 60 was a bonus. The older I get the more mindful I am of doing things I always wanted to do - lest the opportunity disappear.

Realising that I don't have a clue what a Nandos is.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Realising that I don't have a clue what a Nandos is.
    Or, realising a 75p cake is f uck ing 15 shillings

Realising that the age gap between me and my 2 year old granddaughter is the same as me and a 138 year old man.

A heavy nights drinking. When I was younger, I would recover pretty quickly from a night on the lash but now it takes me between 24-36 hours to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by SOXY BOY View Post
    A heavy nights drinking. When I was younger, I would recover pretty quickly from a night on the lash but now it takes me between 24-36 hours to get over it.
    Realising that you haven't had a night on the lash for quite a few years.

First game down the City, 1962, 61 years ago. 61 years before that the City were 2 years old and still called Riverside. Very sobering statistic.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Realising that you haven't had a night on the lash for quite a few years.
    Realising that you might have done but can't remember it.

Wandering into a room in your house and not being able to remember what you came into the room for.