+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fondly remembered

Fondly remembered

Dave Powell sadly passed away on Monday 4th December at Morriston Hospital Swansea.

Dave was a professional footballer who had played for Wrexham, Sheffield United and Cardiff.

He put in a good first team shift for Cardiff in the 70s

RIP Dave.

Re: Fondly remembered

Quote Originally Posted by Pengs View Post
    Dave Powell sadly passed away on Monday 4th December at Morriston Hospital Swansea.

Dave was a professional footballer who had played for Wrexham, Sheffield United and Cardiff.

He put in a good first team shift for Cardiff in the 70s

RIP Dave.
    I would have sworn blind that I’d read he’d died about five years ago, but I see Wrexham had announced his passing around a fortnight ago.

I remember being excited by his signing because I’d always been impressed by him when I saw him play for Wales and Sheffield United, but he was already suffering with the injuries that would keep him out from so many City games and eventually bring about his retirement when he signed for us.

RIP

Wiki has him playing 30+ times for us and also appeared in a Welsh shirt. A North Walian.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengs View Post
    Wiki has him playing 30+ times for us and also appeared in a Welsh shirt. A North Walian.
    Yeah, he’s in the team photo in the mauve and yellow kit on my blog.

https://mauveandyellowarmy.net/

Didn’t realise he’d played so few times for us, I’m pretty sure he was with us for three seasons, so it shows how often he was injured.