+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mary Earps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Mary Earps

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    That a BBC Directors wife won't write an impartial account of the criticism of the BBC Sports Personality of the Years award????

It's like asking you who is the best Rishi or Drippy, if anyone were daft enough to take your view as gospel then they would be stupid because you have a massive bias.
    Her article really isn't about the BBC though, so that's largely irrelevant. The SPOTY could be hosted by ITV or Channel 4, and the ridiculous response would be the same in my opinion. Earps is quite a big character, a bit 'gobby' on the pitch, and I reckon that winds up a few men. Did other women or men achieve more in the year, probably, but so what, she certainly also achieved a fair amount and is a great advert for women's football. Maybe, just maybe, loads of young girls voted for her in what a public decided competition?

International

Quote Originally Posted by CopenhagenBlue View Post
    Her article really isn't about the BBC though, so that's largely irrelevant. The SPOTY could be hosted by ITV or Channel 4, and the ridiculous response would be the same in my opinion. Earps is quite a big character, a bit 'gobby' on the pitch, and I reckon that winds up a few men. Did other women or men achieve more in the year, probably, but so what, she certainly also achieved a fair amount and is a great advert for women's football. Maybe, just maybe, loads of young girls voted for her in what a public decided competition?
    Well we can agree to disagree, she maybe wouldn't have written it if people were knocking ITV, or maybe joined in saying the show was rubbish?

Just pointing out people show a bias to their wifes or husbands, I would to my Mrs, nothing wrong with that we all do it.

Not sure about Mary Earps as had never heard of her before, but out of the six she won, so good luck to her

To be honest I didn't read it, just saw it was from some Guardian writer and googled her as the wife of a BBC Director that told me enough.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Well we can agree to disagree, she maybe wouldn't have written it if people were knocking ITV, or maybe joined in saying the show was rubbish?

Just pointing out people show a bias to their wifes or husbands, I would to my Mrs, nothing wrong with that we all do it.

Not sure about Mary Earps as had never heard of her before, but out of the six she won, so good luck to her

To be honest I didn't read it, just saw it was from some Guardian writer and googled her as the wife of a BBC Director that told me enough.
    So you wrote multiple posts questioning the integrity of the author of the article but didn't even read it? She does actually write that she thinks it's highly unlikely that the BBC would rig the vote, so I guess you could argue there that she's showing bias. But more likely is that she's just using an ounce of common sense. She also calls on those making those accusations to go ahead and follow up on them, so she's hardly side stepping anything either.
    I also have no interest in this award show. Same for any award show actually, music, film, tv. Not my thing at all, but the reaction to who won it by a lot of usual suspects is not surprising and should be called out, as Hyde has done very well here.