Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
While I see your point there, there's absolutely no guarantee that Littler will match what he's done here. He's had the tournament of his life. There were no real signs that this was possible when he was playing in the Modus Super Series (for those who don't follow darts, that's like League 1 to the PDC and its own development tour).

Sometimes destiny calls. We could be talking about the youngest ever darts world champion by 10pm tonight but, in years to come, a player who never achieved anything else. 17 years ago Jelle Klaasen won the BDO world title as a 21-year-old and has done bugger all else.

There's absolutely no way of predicting what Littler will or won't achieve after this tournament, especially when he's playing darts all the time, is on the tour, and everyone wants a piece of him. Gary Anderson was right in suggesting the media lay off him a bit and let him play darts. After Rob Cross won his title 6 years ago, Phil Taylor talked of him being the new dominant force in darts. That never happened.

Carpe diem and so on.

Fair enough I take your point, it may just be a flash in the pan, let's hope not.

I want him to win, but young footballers and lottery winners often lose the plot completely when they hit the big time from nothing, let's see what happens, it will be an interesting story.