+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alien , BBC 2 , still a fantastic film

Alien , BBC 2 , still a fantastic film

43 years ago ?

Kin hell

The sets , suspense , claustrophobia

Still very scary

Re: Alien , BBC 2 , still a fantastic film

I think most of the Alien films are pretty good, and some of them I've watched many times. Alien 3 and Resurrection were patchy and dark, but they did keep things going until the franchise got back on track. Some say they dislike Prometheus and Covenant, but both go a long way towards explaining what happened in the past, and are also excellent stand-alone films in themselves. Looking forward to Romulus.

I don't think much of the Alien/Predator cross-over films myself - I don't understand why they chose to go down that route.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I think most of the Alien films are pretty good, and some of them I've watched many times. Alien 3 and Resurrection were patchy and dark, but they did keep things going until the franchise got back on track. Some say they dislike Prometheus and Covenant, but both go a long way towards explaining what happened in the past, and are also excellent stand-alone films in themselves. Looking forward to Romulus.

I don't think much of the Alien/Predator cross-over films myself - I don't understand why they chose to go down that route.
    I like all the originals, especially 1 and 2. The later films weren't a patch imo.

I thought the alien predator films were rubbish , just about money

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    I like all the originals, especially 1 and 2. The later films weren't a patch imo.
    Alien , Aliens

That's it

Doesn't the Predator have an Alien skeleton in its collection in the first (?) Predator film? That might be where the idea came from. Don't think they should have bothered though.

I think Romulus will be garbage.

What is fascinating about Alien is that it was one of the first huge movie hits where the main protagonist was a female. Other movies had had female leads, but Alien was the first where females were the action leads. Great movie.