+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Erol Bulut: 'We are a team and are fighting for each other again'

Erol Bulut: 'We are a team and are fighting for each other again'

The Cardiff boss said his side showed that they 'are a team and are fighting for each other again'

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...eld-wednesday/

Re: Erol Bulut: 'We are a team and are fighting for each other again'

Quote Originally Posted by ccfcbluebird View Post
    The Cardiff boss said his side showed that they 'are a team and are fighting for each other again'

https://nation.cymru/sport/erol-bulu...eld-wednesday/
    Apart from Robinson who looks dreadful and Bowler who appears to have forgotten how to beat a man and deliver a cross.
    We looked much better when they went off

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Apart from Robinson who looks dreadful and Bowler who appears to have forgotten how to beat a man and deliver a cross.
    We looked much better when they went off
    Bowler has been really disappointing for some time now.

Well Bulut has performed a miracle

3 points off the play offs even after a very bad run involving players that in some cases were simply not wanted

It wasn't long ago our Greek connections were being hailed as wonderful signings then quick as a flash they get the bird again

I sometimes wonder if some of the posters on here were actually watching us play like fannies against the might of Bury, Lincoln and Aldershot back in the fourth division or if they were what were they smoking ?

Unless we get a big injection of cash or do a Luton or Brentford this is probably as good as its going to get !

Mid table second flight football

Do we deserve any better ? Sometimes reading the vitriolic attacks on the team and management I sometimes wonder if we do

I am off for a long walk

They look low on confidence, hopefully this goes some way to getting back to some decent performances.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

3 points off the play offs even after a very bad run involving players that in some cases were simply not wanted

It wasn't long ago our Greek connections were being hailed as wonderful signings then quick as a flash they get the bird again

I sometimes wonder if some of the posters on here were actually watching us play like fannies against the might of Bury, Lincoln and Aldershot back in the fourth division or if they were what were they smoking ?

Unless we get a big injection of cash or do a Luton or Brentford this is probably as good as its going to get !

Do we deserve any better ? Sometimes reading the vitriolic attacks on the team and management I sometimes wonder if we do

I am off for a long walk

stop yer bitchin' and moaning about fans caring about their team. Bloody hypocrite

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    stop yer bitchin' and moaning about fans caring about their team. Bloody hypocrite
    Sludge is a warning about how things can be when you have the male menopause.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    You want bulut sacked

Therefore your opinion is moribund you complete idiot

Now sod off

You want bulut sacked

Therefore your opinion is moribund you complete idiot

Now sod off
    How can an opinion be moribund?

And again, can you please stop insulting people?

Having a striker on the pitch (Etete), and allowing Alnwick to kick long both helped.

Anyone remember Victor... he would have enjoyed this spat....

Bowler is going the same way as Tanner - having the ability to beat a full back coached out of him as what he does without the ball becomes more important than what he does with it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Bowler is going the same way as Tanner - having the ability to beat a full back coached out of him as what he does without the ball becomes more important than what he does with it.
    I’ve noticed the last few games that Bowler and Tanner, when he comes on, have both been picking up the ball or having it passed to them deeper on the pitch. They both look more of a threat further up where they can go at a full back closer to the box. I think if we can play off a centre forward more this should allow out wingers to take possession of the ball in more dangerous areas

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    How can an opinion be moribund?

And again, can you please stop insulting people?
    It's dead

And no , he's a twat

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I have been thinking a similar thing of late, but more on the lines that all the players have been coached to the nth degree not to give the ball away. So much so that if there is a ‘through ball’ option open, the players momentarily think ‘don’t give the ball away’, and suddenly the option of the through ball has gone. The dictate seems to be… If you don’t pass it to feet, don’t pass it at all.

I feel the same applies to the wingers when beating a man, and (not) putting a cross into the box for a striker to battle for. It seems as though once the winger beats his man, then he must have to do a measured pass, rather than put it in the mix.

I am all for keeping possession of the ball, but once it becomes too ponderous, too backward thinking, and too predictable… it becomes boring to watch.

It might be over simplistic, but surely every now and then there is an argument to mix things up a bit… or maybe once in a while when we are in the opposition half, allow the strikers to (use Erol Bullit’s favourite phrase) actually ‘create chances’ off the cuff… much in the same way that Dave Jones’ teams used to do.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I have been thinking a similar thing of late, but more on the lines that all the players have been coached to the nth degree not to give the ball away. So much so that if there is a ‘through ball’ option open, the players momentarily think ‘don’t give the ball away’, and suddenly the option of the through ball has gone. The dictate seems to be… If you don’t pass it to feet, don’t pass it at all.

I feel the same applies to the wingers when beating a man, and (not) putting a cross into the box for a striker to battle for. It seems as though once the winger beats his man, then he must have to do a measured pass, rather than put it in the mix.

I am all for keeping possession of the ball, but once it becomes too ponderous, too backward thinking, and too predictable… it becomes boring to watch.

It might be over simplistic, but surely every now and then there is an argument to mix things up a bit… or maybe once in a while when we are in the opposition half, allow the strikers to (use Erol Bullit’s favourite phrase) actually ‘create chances’ off the cuff… much in the same way that Dave Jones’ teams used to do.
    I’ve been thinking the same with regard to passes into the box. I see no point in buying Kieffer Moore as a target man if the rest of the team are too scared to give the ball away.

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    I’ve been thinking the same with regard to passes into the box. I see no point in buying Kieffer Moore as a target man if the rest of the team are too scared to give the ball away.
    Exactly my thought. And we know how frustrated he gets when a simple ball isn’t played quickly enough to him.

I am off for a long walk
    Keep walking towards the sea and off the edge of a cliff hopefully

He gets it right sometimes and wrong sometimes. Happy to be mid table. I believe after what i've seen that some players are under performing.So if we see this season through and end up mid table ! what next? With Tan seemingly skint are we happy staying where we are for the foreseeable future ?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    He gets it right sometimes and wrong sometimes. Happy to be mid table. I believe after what i've seen that some players are under performing.So if we see this season through and end up mid table ! what next? With Tan seemingly skint are we happy staying where we are for the foreseeable future ?
    Is he skint?

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Keep walking towards the sea and off the edge of a cliff hopefully
    You are one of the worst offenders on here for negativity towards the team and management

Hopefully one day you will get stuck in a side street in Dowlais and that will be the last we hear of you

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Is he skint?
    i'm skint he's being careful but that's not helping us.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    I’ve noticed the last few games that Bowler and Tanner, when he comes on, have both been picking up the ball or having it passed to them deeper on the pitch. They both look more of a threat further up where they can go at a full back closer to the box. I think if we can play off a centre forward more this should allow out wingers to take possession of the ball in more dangerous areas
    I’ve also noticed this… so many times our wingers get the ball in their own half with their backs to the opposition, it goes back to the full backs and gets recycled to the center backs and the chance to break at speed is totally gone.

Definitely looked better with Etete and Meite both playing more as target men in the last 30 against Wednesday allowing Grant and Tanner to make a few runs finally, whether it was just desperation that lead us to play more direct or instructions from Bulut not sure.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    I’ve also noticed this… so many times our wingers get the ball in their own half with their backs to the opposition, it goes back to the full backs and gets recycled to the center backs and the chance to break at speed is totally gone.

Definitely looked better with Etete and Meite both playing more as target men in the last 30 against Wednesday allowing Grant and Tanner to make a few runs finally, whether it was just desperation that lead us to play more direct or instructions from Bulut not sure.
    The P.O.M.O. tactic, for both sides worked a treat after we equalised.

How many times this season have Cardiff needlessly conceded as a result of tippy-tappy possession from a goal-kick?

They need to be composed on the ball and expert in passing through the lines to benefit.

We definitely played a lot more long balls. Not that it did us much good for an hour. It was not until we effectively played Etete and Grant up top that it started to work.
    Food for thought certainly for Bulit.