+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Should we be running out to a new tune?

Should we be running out to a new tune?

In my 50th year of being a supporter and generally considered us to be an unlucky club. I'm sure fans of other clubs feel the same. However after the wins against Sunderland, Millwall, Preston and now Sheffield Wednesday, I'm starting to think we are in a bit of a lucky purple patch.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night as I often do these days and a song from the 80s just jumped into my head, seems very appropriate at the moment. A band who I'd long forgotten about, but as we know the mind works in mysterious ways.

https://youtu.be/t2IUDF-p2Ug?si=ohL-EaEhiTO9-b0W

Re: Should we be running out to a new tune?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    In my 50th year of being a supporter and generally considered us to be an unlucky club. I'm sure fans of other clubs feel the same. However after the wins against Sunderland, Millwall, Preston and now Sheffield Wednesday, I'm starting to think we are in a bit of a lucky purple patch.

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night as I often do these days and a song from the 80s just jumped into my head, seems very appropriate at the moment. A band who I'd long forgotten about, but as we know the mind works in mysterious ways.

That's hard to watch

I enjoyed that

Nah you're alright H

Most of JoBoxers were originally in Subway Sect with Vic Goddard, and looked all set to make it big, being in at the beginning of punk in 1976, and signing to The Clash's management team. But Bernie Rhodes sacked the whole band except Goddard, for reasons that were never explained. They'd all been into soul music, and the remaining members regrouped, got a new singer and a new style, and did pretty well for a few years.

Goddard floundered without his mates, and went all rockabilly. He did sort of reform the band later, and they've drifted around ever since, with various line-ups. Most of the JoBoxer guys have gone on to have good careers in music, without ever really hitting the big time.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Most of JoBoxers were originally in Subway Sect with Vic Goddard, and looked all set to make it big, being in at the beginning of punk in 1976, and signing to The Clash's management team. But Bernie Rhodes sacked the whole band except Goddard, for reasons that were never explained. They'd all been into soul music, and the remaining members regrouped, got a new singer and a new style, and did pretty well for a few years.

Goddard floundered without his mates, and went all rockabilly. He did sort of reform the band later, and they've drifted around ever since, with various line-ups. Most of the JoBoxer guys have gone on to have good careers in music, without ever really hitting the big time.
    Another one of those they were great until people liked them stories 😀

Aw bless you.

.....NO.

I like the story of the blues by Wah