+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff game sold out for Boxing Day

Cardiff game sold out for Boxing Day

Cardiff rugby that is. ~12k to watch them against the Dragons.

Re: Cardiff game sold out for Boxing Day

Wow imagine we only got 12k

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Wow imagine we only got 12k
    24k apparently

The family end and Grandstand were the fullest I have seen this season, plus Plymouth had a larger allocation than usual and must have brought over 2500. There were some empty seats in the Ninian and Canton, presumably due to holiday commitments (or hangovers !) but just under 24000 was about right. I would say 22500 - 23000 were actually occupied seats. No way could you have got more than another 5500 in the empty seats.

I was impressed with the Plymouth turn-out. Not many more clubs have brought that size following to Cardiff - Leeds, Sunderland, and Norwich maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I was impressed with the Plymouth turn-out. Not many more clubs have brought that size following to Cardiff - Leeds, Sunderland, and Norwich maybe.
    Plymouth have great away support

Cardiff is one of their nearest trips

If we had offered them 4000 they would have sold them

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Cardiff rugby that is. ~12k to watch them against the Dragons.
    That's about their top limit our crowds are not great but they are way better than the rugby

That's 12k for the capital city side of a nation apparently obsessed with rugby 🏉

It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    The family end and Grandstand were the fullest I have seen this season, plus Plymouth had a larger allocation than usual and must have brought over 2500. There were some empty seats in the Ninian and Canton, presumably due to holiday commitments (or hangovers !) but just under 24000 was about right. I would say 22500 - 23000 were actually occupied seats. No way could you have got more than another 5500 in the empty seats.
    I’d be surprised if there was over 20k there yesterday. The entire bottom tier is just shy of 28k and the segregation between the away fans probably totals close to 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Plymouth have great away support

Cardiff is one of their nearest trips

If we had offered them 4000 they would have sold them
    They didn’t completely sell out the area they had, plenty of empty seats. No chance they’d have sold 4000.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They didn’t completely sell out the area they had, plenty of empty seats. No chance they’d have sold 4000.
    Great support, but like you said, there's no way Plymouth would have sold 4k.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    They might have had problems getting here because of no transport but the ticket allocation was sold out

If we played them on a Saturday 4000 would be no problem