+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Re: If there are six coming in during January, who needs to go?

Campbell, Rinhomota, Sawyers, Robinson and Adams.

I'd also sell Romeo and one of Siopis or Wintle if the offer was right.

Bulut wants to play with two sitting midfielders but only Ralls has the relevant quality and physicality to play that role. Siopis and Wintle do not have what is required.

Rinhomota, Sawyers and Adams are pants.

I'd sign a new midfielder keep one of a Wintle or Siopis and use King and Joel Colwill as extra back up.

And sign a new centre forward (Moore preferably). Ugbo can then go.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.
    there was some beek on here who always rated him as 4/10 in every match

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    there was some beek on here who always rated him as 4/10 in every match
    Surely someone on a wind up.

Surely someone on a wind up.
    Probably because they couldn’t count to five unaided

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Those fans are thick as shit though and their opinion shouldn't be taken seriously, ever. If anyone thought that whitts wasn't very good then it says more about them than the player. We have a fair few cretins
    Obviously, but we have plenty of fans who value "graft" above the ability to actually play football

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Obviously, but we have plenty of fans who value "graft" above the ability to actually play football
    Yeah, and that's why good players are sometimes demonised. Although playing 'football' takes a whole lot more hard work than just throwing yourself into tackles and knocking the ball into channels. Taking responsibility on a football pitch takes an incredible amount of Graft. The best players work harder than anyone.

Odd thing to say, I don’t think I’ve come cross anyone who didn’t rate Whitts.
    I can certainly remember seeing at least one post on here questioning why we keep picking Whitts, just because he can deliver an occasional corner or take a free-kick.

The argument seemed to be that we should have someone who can run around a lot and get stuck-in. We could further utilise that same Whitts replacement by getting him to take the occasional free-kick or corner, thereby contributing more to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    I can certainly remember seeing at least one post on here questioning why we keep picking Whitts, just because he can deliver an occasional corner or take a free-kick.

The argument seemed to be that we should have someone who can run around a lot and get stuck-in. We could further utilise that same Whitts replacement by getting him to take the occasional free-kick or corner, thereby contributing more to the team.
    There's plenty of that within our fanbase. They're derogatory about anything that is creative, and they don't understand that creating is much harder than stopping, it takes bravery, responsibility, hard work, Talent is about 50% of it. I suppose plenty of people like their football in the same way that they have lived their lives, who knows. Every one of us on here could be coached into knocking a ball 40 yards onto someone's head, taking away physical strength, age and health. None of us could be coached into being able to play a pass that can win a game, that would take years and years of hard work and dedication.

a pass that can win a game, that would take years and years of hard work and dedication.
    Dear God, I haven’t got many years left. On the basis of your above sentence, I’m never going to see another City promotion

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Dear God, I haven’t got many years left. On the basis of your above sentence, I’m never going to see another City promotion
    Get yourself over Splott Park, Pronto...

Kieran Evans
    Romaine Sawyers
    Andy Rinomhota
    Ebou Adams

Colwill needs a loan somewhere if he’s going to be sat on bench, but seems 50-50 on people to keep or let go, my choice would be let go as not consistent enough either great or terrible.

Get yourself over Splott Park, Pronto...
    Not in this bloody weather!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Kieran Evans
    Romaine Sawyers
    Andy Rinomhota
    Ebou Adams

Colwill needs a loan somewhere if he’s going to be sat on bench, but seems 50-50 on people to keep or let go, my choice would be let go as not consistent enough either great or terrible.
    Colwill has literally just forced his way into the first team and is one of our better performing players, why would we send him away now?

Colwill has literally just forced his way into the first team and is one of our better performing players, why would we send him away now?
    He’s in the team because we have nobody else, hopefully that will be sorted in the next few weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Bulut has stated in the press, that he wants 6 players coming in during the January transfer window.
    So it stands to reason that the books will have to be balanced.
    Otherwise we risk further losses and FFP issues

No one is disputing that we are in a much better position than most people thought we would be, I doubt anyone is calling for Buluts head, he’s doing a very good job under the circumstances

However it can’t have escaped anyone’s attention that there are players who eithero haven’t performed, lived up to expectations or just don’t fit in with the manager’s plans.

So if six are coming in, then obviously there will be some leaving

Or we end up with a squad of 142 players (or so it seemed )like we did under Solskaer
    Im not getting at the question whatsoever, it stands to reason some will go. I just meant more the negativity from some on this board towards players who the league table shows are competing better than they get credit for

Forced? You reckon he'd be near it if Robinson had been playing well rather than the absolute disaster he has been for weeks? Bulut has had his hand forced. Although fair to say that Colwill had done pretty well overall. He makes some really good runs, if not slightly contrived.

I was impressed by Colwill’s contribution in his limited time in the second half on Boxing Day. He definitely upped his game after half time and was looking to make things happen, it was a shame he was subbed and I’d imagine Argyle’s players were quite relieved to see the back of him.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Top of my list would be
    Bowler
    Ugbo
    Robinson
    Sawyers
    Rinomhota
    Campbell

Although there’s probably a case for sending Panzo and Runnersson back as well

If we do get the six in, we need, a forward, two centre midfielders, a winger a LB (maybe Bagan)?and another centre half

Let’s hope we can get some of the deals done early in January
    I would ask the question differently.
    Which of the recent match squads would be left out to make space for the six incoming. Of those we might assume three to be in the starting line up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    He’s in the team because we have nobody else, hopefully that will be sorted in the next few weeks!
    Even when he’s playing his best, he still gets subbed…..

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Im not getting at the question whatsoever, it stands to reason some will go. I just meant more the negativity from some on this board towards players who the league table shows are competing better than they get credit for
    Amen brother

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Even when he’s playing his best, he still gets subbed…..
    That was a very poor decision from the manager, he was the best on the pitch at that point and the Cardiff players were constantly trying to get him on the ball

For me the following players to be released or loaned
    Rino
    Sawyers
    Adams
    The keeper should go back but wont
    Panzo wont get a look in when odowd is back so might aswell go back.
    Romeo is no where near good enough so should go but we need him as cover

People are dreaming saying we should loan colwill out. He needs to be playing at the highest level he can.

Quote Originally Posted by @CCFCProgrammes View Post
    For me the following players to be released or loaned
    Rino
    Sawyers
    Adams
    The keeper should go back but wont
    Panzo wont get a look in when odowd is back so might aswell go back.
    Romeo is no where near good enough so should go but we need him as cover

People are dreaming saying we should loan colwill out. He needs to be playing at the highest level he can.
    If Panzo goes we have no cover at CB? Not sure why ODowda coming back affects that?

If Panzo goes we have no cover at CB? Not sure why ODowda coming back affects that?
    What’s good to see is a football thread that has mostly stayed on topic from start to finish with a few different opinions, without it turning into something else for a change.

Let’s hope we have more of this in 2024

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY TOO View Post
    I would ask the question differently.
    Which of the recent match squads would be left out to make space for the six incoming. Of those we might assume three to be in the starting line up.
    Alnwick, Ng, Goutas, McGuinness, Collins, Ralls, Siopis, Grant, Ramsey, O'Dowda, Colwell