+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cardiff 5 Peterborough 2 27 Dec 1975

Cardiff 5 Peterborough 2 27 Dec 1975

I'm sure there will be a few posters who remember the game. In videprinter style, there was a bit of a goal fest:

Cardiff 3 Peterborough 1 (Dwyer 74)
    Cardiff 4 Peterborough 1 (Evans 75)
    Cardiff 4 Peterborough 2 (Gregory 78)
    Cardiff 5 Peterborough 2 (Evans 80)

I'm struggling to think of a City game with 4 goals in a 6 minute spell, though we did score 3 in 5 minutes at Ashton Gate.

Re: Cardiff 5 Peterborough 2 27 Dec 1975

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm sure there will be a few posters who remember the game. In videprinter style, there was a bit of a goal fest:

I'm struggling to think of a City game with 4 goals in a 6 minute spell, though we did score 3 in 5 minutes at Ashton Gate.

That was the day after we had been thumped 4-0 at Swindon. Can you imagine that today? Managers would be taking their best players off after 20 minutes so that they’d be fit to play for half hour the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post

It was needed after that abject, p*ss poor performance the day before at a struggling Swindon Town, losing 3-0. They made mugs of us that day. My first, and almost last, away game lol

Peterborough went 1-0 up in three minutes as well, so there was definitely a feeling that our bubble had burst for a while.

In goals for Posh that day was Eric Steele who had a spell on loan with us seven seasons later and made a contender of save of the season for us in front of the Match of the Day cameras in the clock game at Portsmouth.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Peterborough went 1-0 up in three minutes as well, so there was definitely a feeling that our bubble had burst for a while.

In goals for Posh that day was Eric Steele who had a spell on loan with us seven seasons later and made a contender of save of the season for us in front of the Match of the Day cameras in the clock game at Portsmouth.
    I'm trying to work out where I remember his name. I got interested in football in 1989 but seem to remember him playing, though he couldn't have been. Interesting that he had a modest playing career but has been in great demand as a coach at the top of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Soul '68 View Post
    It was needed after that abject, p*ss poor performance the day before at a struggling Swindon Town, losing 3-0. They made mugs of us that day. My first, and almost last, away game lol
    4-0 actually. Was a shock to the system. We took thousands there. The next day was a cracker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    4-0 actually. Was a shock to the system. We took thousands there. The next day was a cracker.
    It was a huge shock to the system. We had been playing so well. Too much Xmas pudding and alcohol for most of the players on Xmas Day that year, me thinks.

Attendance 16,094=Full season stats in link

We will get over 50% more people tomorrow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975%E...ty_F.C._season

Fickle fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Attendance 16,094=Full season stats in link

We will get over 50% more people tomorrow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1975%E...ty_F.C._season

Fickle fanbase
    Four months later 35,000 turned up to watch us play in a Third Division game.

Four months later 35,000 turned up to watch us play in a Third Division game.
    Game before 12,000

Game before 12,000
    And?

And?
    And what ?

Have a good Xmas ?

And what ?

Have a good Xmas ?
    I don’t know, you brought the subject of crowds up - 16,000 was a very good attendance for a Third Division game given the sort of club City were at the time, 35,000 was truly amazing (although Malcolm Allison played a part in that). There are plenty of seasons you can pick from our history if you want to have a go about the size of our crowds, but I’m not sure 75/76 is one of them.

I don’t know, you brought the subject of crowds up - 16,000 was a very good attendance for a Third Division game given the sort of club City were at the time, 35,000 was truly amazing (although Malcolm Allison played a part in that). There are plenty of seasons you can pick from our history if you want to have a go about the size of our crowds, but I’m not sure 75/76 is one of them.
    The point was that our crowds have always been fickle a point raised on here literally hundreds of times.
    That was all

The point was that our crowds have always been fickle a point raised on here literally hundreds of times.
    That was all
    What I don’t get is your mention of what you think the crowd is going to be tomorrow - is that another example of our fickle fan base or are you saying that they’re not fickle any more?

What I don’t get is your mention of what you think the crowd is going to be tomorrow - is that another example of our fickle fan base or are you saying that they’re not fickle any more?
    Don’t worry about it … have a great evening