+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tears in North London

Tears in North London

Brighton 4 - 2 Spurs
    Arsenal 0 - 2 West Ham

Fair play great entertainment.

For those who just like football the games this round of EPL fixtures have been good to watch.

Re: Tears in North London

West Ham gave a perfect 11 man defensive display, they only made one substitution and showed great levels of fitness & discipline. Well managed David Moyes

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    West Ham gave a perfect 11 man defensive display, they only made one substitution and showed great levels of fitness & discipline. Well managed David Moyes
    I'm hoping for a similar effort from cardiff v leicester

It's great to see the self entitled big boys get beaten

It's heart warming to see Brighton doing so well , Luton possibly surviving and Bournemouth and Brentford plugging away

The Spurs game was excellent, they paid for their arrogance of trying to score the perfect goal, how many touches do they want before going for goal?

The second game was criminal. I hate inverted forwards, a cracking idea 10 years ago and caught teams cold, but everyone, especially an old dog like Moyes understands how to beat it; crowd the middle!!
    Saka and Martinelli loath going outside the fullback so the fullback's starting position is the corner of the box allowing the wide forward the option to run into the acres of space outside him but they rarely take it and they end up running into so much cover they lose the ball.

I am not sure if the current wide-forward coached in the modern way can revert back to wingers. Our have trouble. Can't wait to see O'Dowda beating his man to knock a cross in on his proper foot with zip and purpose...

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's great to see the self entitled big boys get beaten

It's heart warming to see Brighton doing so well , Luton possibly surviving and Bournemouth and Brentford plugging away
    I don't think you should refer to Spurs as "Self entitled". Yes, they were part of the "big five" but they haven't had much success since. Plus Brighton have spent a TON of money. They've done well selling players. Surely that's not part of your ethos.

I was a bit disappointed to see Arsenal lose last night, a team needs to wrestle the PL away from CiteH, I'd be surprised to see a Leicester again so at best at least it would be nice to see the big boys share it about.