+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    James Crole to Queens Park (Scottish Championship) on loan.
    Hope it goes well for him (unlike his last loan move).

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    They are looking at a short-stop-gap loan, lets hope we still go for Moore or a decent alternative, can't be much worse than what we have to the end of the season.
    Of course, but lets be honest barring a cataclysmic collapse, we won't get relegated. We will pick up the remaining points, unless we are signing players for the future (i.e Turnbull seems an exciting option) then this just smacks of desperation and unnecessary spending of wages. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    He played 8 minutes v Celta Vigo 16th December.
    29 minutes v Alaves 24 November.
    90 minutes in a 3 nil loss against Arosa SC in the cup 2nd November.
    8 minutes against Villarreal 30th October.
    10 minutes against las palmas 24th September
    8 minutes v girona 18th September.
    11 minutes v Rayo vallecano 21st of August.

7 appearances all season, all spread out,

I’m making that 164 minutes all season. I’m not going to judge his ability until he’s played in a city shirt, but how long will we have to wait to get a full game out of him? This one just strikes of desperation to me.

I’d rather see a kid get the game time and develop.

Ask Jordan James how detrimental playing in a struggling team was for his development.. he seemed to do ok for Birmingham. Made the wales team didn’t he? Linked with some good moves away as well.
    We were never going to splash the cash during this window so a loan signing for a proven Championship performer is acceptable. Certainly better than putting in a rookie who more than likely will be out if his depth and a bunch of other strikers with just a few goals between them all season.

Much of the rumour mill sounds like desperation to me. Like SOME other posters I would rather give our youth players game time than 31 year old's still trying to make it. We are NOT going to get relegated even if we sign no-one else....so we should take the opportunity to blood the youngsters. Some will step up ad impress others will fall by the wayside...

Interesting that guy has a pretty much identical record in the championship for goals as Moore.

James Crole to Queens Park (Scottish Championship) on loan.
    Judging by the number of players leaving, we can expect half a team of hopefully not thirty one year olds joining us tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We were never going to splash the cash during this window so a loan signing for a proven Championship performer is acceptable. Certainly better than putting in a rookie who more than likely will be out if his depth and a bunch of other strikers with just a few goals between them all season.
    The overall point I was making was that I can’t see us going up or down, I think spending the wages is a waste of money.

We don’t know if he will struggle, he hasn’t been given a chance.

I never thought we were going to splash the cash, and I’m glad we aren’t, because we are finishing mid table so it’s utterly pointless.

Maybe Ashford will benefit from the experience, and it’ll speed up his progress ready for next season. I’d rather us develop our own. Hence me using Jordan James as an example of someone who benefited from time playing regularly with a struggling team. Appreciate you have a different view.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Much of the rumour mill sounds like desperation to me. Like SOME other posters I would rather give our youth players game time than 31 year old's still trying to make it. We are NOT going to get relegated even if we sign no-one else....so we should take the opportunity to blood the youngsters. Some will step up ad impress others will fall by the wayside...
    Blood some and get others out on good loans.

But we do need a centre forward - and no u21 player is going to lead the line for half a season. We don't have that sort of exceptional talent coming through - although some of them are promising.

Crole has gone out to Queens Park and a few others will hopefully follow (and get better loans than some in the past 2 years). Maybe Joel Colwill and a couple of others will get regular match time until May?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Bowler loses possession by running with the ball into what become dead ends ends for him. He doesn't seem to be much of a thinker.

Meant to be replying to JRH

They were also affected that's the point, whoever you stick upfront and right-wing will struggle unless we play any creative players with them.

Let's see who picks up the most in form when/if they come back!

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Of course, but lets be honest barring a cataclysmic collapse, we won't get relegated. We will pick up the remaining points, unless we are signing players for the future (i.e Turnbull seems an exciting option) then this just smacks of desperation and unnecessary spending of wages. Just my opinion.
    Fair enough good point

We will survive irrespective of the signings but will Bulut? Managers have to be seen to be doing well; hence Bulut's desire for signings.

Sources: Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday in race to sign Cardiff star Andy Rinomhota.

The two Championship strugglers are joined by League One side Blackpool, Turkish side Goztepe and French clubs Amiens and Valenciennes in the race for his signature.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ndy-rinomhota/

Sources: Huddersfield Town and Sheffield Wednesday in race to sign Cardiff star Andy Rinomhota.

The two Championship strugglers are joined by League One side Blackpool, Turkish side Goztepe and French clubs Amiens and Valenciennes in the race for his signature.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/s...ndy-rinomhota/
    The headline says ‘Cardiff Star’, have we got another Rinomhota on our books?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Well he does come out at night (allegedly)

coventrys Kyle McFadzean... just joined blackburn rovers on a free!... he would have tightened things up in the back line for us

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    coventrys Kyle McFadzean... just joined blackburn rovers on a free!... he would have tightened things up in the back line for us
    Their consolation prize for losing out on Nat Phillips.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Just need Sawyers, Robinson Campbell Romeo Runnersson and Bowler off the books now

Famara Diédhiou has been confirmed!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    On loan

Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy17 View Post
    Think im happier about him signing than I would have been if we'd signed Illic.

So that’s Ugbo & Panzo loan returns cancelled out then. Time to sign some players of our own / additions now then.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Is the Ilic deal dead then? Shirley still an option for a 2nd striker required, doesn’t this rule out a loan for Moore?

Adams loaned to Derby

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    His record is good actually, could be a good one!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You keep peddling this line about how much better we were with O Dowda and Ramsey yet the facts dont really stack up.

O Downda has only played 4 games this seaos - 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses.

Ramsey has only played 2 more - 2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses.

We werent exactly pulling up trees when either of them were playing the small number of games theyve played this season.
    Didn't we play Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich away in that Ramsey period?