+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

International

Re: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

The bloke is 31, why are we bothering with this during a rebuild. I'd rather us not sign anyone at all if this is all we can get this window.
    They are looking at a short-stop-gap loan, lets hope we still go for Moore or a decent alternative, can't be much worse than what we have to the end of the season.

The bloke is 31, why are we bothering with this during a rebuild. I'd rather us not sign anyone at all if this is all we can get this window.
    We can't see out the remainder of the season with no striker at all so whilst not one to set the pulse racing I'm sure he'll be an upgrade on what we've got. As long as he's not on a 3 year contract....preferably a loan deal.

Yep, let's stick with our current strike force of Etete, Meite, and Robinson, who've scored a combined total of 5 league goals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Diedhiou's had a medical according to WOL.
    He is an international striker playing in a top european league tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    We can't see out the remainder of the season with no striker at all so whilst not one to set the pulse racing I'm sure he'll be an upgrade on what we've got. As long as he's not on a 3 year contract....preferably a loan deal.
    I’m in the “we aren’t going up or down this season” camp. I’d rather give one of our youth strikers a run out than throw money on wages and loans for older players.

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Think back to Leicester and the early games when teams couldn't double up on him and cut out his runs inside. Then there were Ramesy and O'Dowda to worry about, with Grant, Cowlill, and no Strikers they mark Bowler out and keep him quiet. You could stick any right winger there, they would struggle with this forward line.

The other three positions need changing, I would keep Bowler in the team before the other three.
    I meant to add, look how good Ugbo also looked early on, it's no coincidence that he and Bowler didn't look the same after we lost O'Dowda, and more importantly Rambo. The quicker they are back the better, and you watch results pick up significantly even without a Moore or Ilic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    International striker is stretching it

International

Quote Originally Posted by Dembe View Post
    I’m in the “we aren’t going up or down this season” camp. I’d rather give one of our youth strikers a run out than throw money on wages and loans for older players.
    Fair enough I know what you are saying but Bulut knows and must trust him, and he needs us to pick up the points so he can get a contract extension and some money for the rebuild in the Summer

I meant to add, look how good Ugbo also looked early on, it's no coincidence that he and Bowler didn't look the same after we lost O'Dowda, and more importantly Rambo. The quicker they are back the better, and you watch results pick up significantly even without a Moore or Ilic.
    You keep peddling this line about how much better we were with O Dowda and Ramsey yet the facts dont really stack up.

O Downda has only played 4 games this seaos - 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses.

Ramsey has only played 2 more - 2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses.

We werent exactly pulling up trees when either of them were playing the small number of games theyve played this season.

I’m not sure just chucking young players into a struggling team helps anyone. If we can get a few decent players in get some kind of form going again then I think adding one or two into a more successful team would help more. Although I also agree that I hope we don’t waste to much money in a panic this window as next summer is when we need to do real business. But I don’t think a couple of loans or small fees here and there to try and get us going again will hurt.

If we continue like we have been, it'll have a demoralising effect on the team and fans, which will not bode well for next season's ticket sales. A decent finish to the this season will give the club and the fans a much needed boost.

International

Some tough games though, where we played much better than we are now, Leicester and Leeds away, Swansea at home where Rambo shone, we were scoring back then but often conceding more and giving away leads.

The front four players looked better with O'Dowda and Rambo, I'm still confident they will make a big difference if they do ever come back. At the start of the season, people weren't saying Ugbo, Bowler and Tanner were rubbish and I think that's why.

Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Isn't Grenada in the Spanish second division?

The Bristol Post piece on him is a bit worrying:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...te-set-9069403

Ultimately, for all his popularity and aerial prowess plus status as a more orthodox physical No9, something [Bristol] City don’t possess, he doesn’t conform to [Bristol City manager] Manning’s strategy off the ball, in particular his inability to press.

Indeed, Diedhiou was one such figure whose performances notably declined in his final season with City as he moved towards free agency that summer, having been angling for a move away from City for some time.

Although as a half season loan it seems like a reasonable backstop deal.

I know, 31 is basically middle age, let's hope he has one more season in him.

Plus he ticks the ex wurzel box that by law 13.8% of our signings have to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    I know, 31 is basically middle age, let's hope he has one more season in him.

Plus he ticks the ex wurzel box that by law 13.8% of our signings have to be.
    And he's played in Turkey, we're practically obliged to sign him

Adams maybe going on loan to Derby I just read

(Sorry just noticed already mentioned on last page)
    Last edited by 2b2bdoo; 31-01-24 at 15:25. Reason: Added line to bottom of page

He’s an international striker in a top European league but the issue is that he isn’t currently playing for his country, and has hardly played for nearly a year for his club.

If it takes him around a month to get up to full match fitness then he’ll only really be effective for the last 10 or so games.

But it could be a good cheap option to get us up to safety before the end of the season and maybe give some youngsters a go in the last few games.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Isn't Grenada in the Spanish second division?
    Correction - my mistake - just seen they were promoted to the Spanish top division at the end of last season and turned Diedhiou's loan move into a permanent. But according to Wiki he has only made 6 starts this season (1 goal).

Some tough games though, where we played much better than we are now, Leicester and Leeds away, Swansea at home where Rambo shone, we were scoring back then but often conceding more and giving away leads.

The front four players looked better with O'Dowda and Rambo, I'm still confident they will make a big difference if they do ever come back. At the start of the season, people weren't saying Ugbo, Bowler and Tanner were rubbish and I think that's why.

Time will tell!

Of course they should make a big difference they are two of our better players. But using their absence as an excuse for the failings of others, when they played so few games this season, is just a cop out.

Bowler played twice with O Dowda and Ramsey. If hes been shit its on him.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Of course they should make a big difference they are two of our better players. But using their absence as an excuse for the failings of others, when they played so few games this season, is just a cop out.

Bowler played twice with O Dowda and Ramsey. If hes been shit its on him.
    I was trying to point out to other posters that Bowler can't do it all on his own, teams are stopping him from cutting inside because we are so easy to play against and offer nothing through the middle and wide left.

Man City fans are probably criticising the form of their attacking players when they haven't had De Bryune and Gundagan to allow them the same space as last season.

I was trying to point out to other posters that Bowler can't do it all on his own, teams are stopping him from cutting inside because we are so easy to play against and offer nothing through the middle and wide left.

Man City fans are probably criticising the form of their attacking players when they haven't had De Bryune and Gundagan to allow them the same space as last season.
    Bowler loses possession by running with the ball into what become dead ends ends for him. He doesn't seem to be much of a thinker.

Behave, hes not being asked to do it all on his own. if hes been asked to do it all on his own whats the excuse for Tanner? and Ugbo? Are they being asked to do it all on their own? How does that work?

Stop making rubbish excuses for their utter incompetence - Bowler in partiuclar has been utter shite for the most part - and Buluts failure to find a way to get the best out of some of these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    If we continue like we have been, it'll have a demoralising effect on the team and fans, which will not bode well for next season's ticket sales. A decent finish to the this season will give the club and the fans a much needed boost.
    He played 8 minutes v Celta Vigo 16th December.
    29 minutes v Alaves 24 November.
    90 minutes in a 3 nil loss against Arosa SC in the cup 2nd November.
    8 minutes against Villarreal 30th October.
    10 minutes against las palmas 24th September
    8 minutes v girona 18th September.
    11 minutes v Rayo vallecano 21st of August.

7 appearances all season, all spread out,

I’m making that 164 minutes all season. I’m not going to judge his ability until he’s played in a city shirt, but how long will we have to wait to get a full game out of him? This one just strikes of desperation to me.

I’d rather see a kid get the game time and develop.

Ask Jordan James how detrimental playing in a struggling team was for his development.. he seemed to do ok for Birmingham. Made the wales team didn’t he? Linked with some good moves away as well.

Good players raise the standards of those around them. Just like people really…

James Crole to Queens Park (Scottish Championship) on loan.