+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I need to see him to judge but a good feeling on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I need to see him to judge but a good feeling on that one.
    44 appearances for Luton last season

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    44 appearances for Luton last season
    Yeah and a lot of clean sheets. Bit of height as well.

Two good keepers now hopefully.

Rhino to Rotherham confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Rhino to Rotherham confirmed
    He's their only signing of the January window (a loan)!

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    That's good promo in fairness

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    He's their only signing of the January window (a loan)!
    There's a few clubs in championship with very low activity especially ins - we have been one of the busier especially today

It is.

No Don Murray.

Credit where it’s due, 5 in, beats our normal token 1 or 2 and they’re all upgrades

Phillips for Panzo
    Jay-ju for Ugbo
    JWE for VDC
    Horvath for Runnarson
    Turnbull for Rino & Adams

That was quite a day!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Credit where it’s due, 5 in, beats our normal token 1 or 2 and they’re all upgrades

Phillips for Panzo
    Jay-ju for Ugbo
    JWE for VDC
    Horvath for Runnarson
    Turnbull for Rino & Adams

Ryotaro Tsunoda as well - off with Kortrijk to aclimatise to European football.

Xavier Benjamin to Dunfermline on loan - not Weston or Truro as WOL were saying 3 hours ago. Good move.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-athletic-loan

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Xavier Benjamin to Dunfermline on loan - not Weston or Truro as WOL were saying 3 hours ago. Good move.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-athletic-loan
    Well they were close

Still time for Romaine Sawyers to claim that Player Of The Season award.

I see lots of positivity regarding this transfer window and I'm genuinely not looking to be negative, but these are my thoughts.

Turnbull - any better than we have? Can score from long range but little pace.
    Horvath - surely better than Runarsson, better than Alnwick?
    Wilson-Esbrand - an unknown quantity if we're honest. Fingers crossed.
    Diedhiou - probably better than Ugbo and Meite, but that's not difficult.
    Phillips - surely here for first team football, hope he's picked on merit and not because Liverpool want games from him.

I'm seeing stuff written about this being a fantastic transfer window. Losing the players we have has been one positive. Surely there's no-one out there who thinks we can bring in 5 players, with only one modest transfer fee, who will all be starters and make a positive difference? Transfer windows don't work like that. If that happens, give Bulut a 5 year deal and wage rises to all scouts and all who work in recruiting players.

I hope all our new signings play a part in rescuing our season and giving us a platform for next August. If the club, or anyone else, thinks it's a playoff capturing transfer window, then I don't share that positivity. Not even if we'd signed Kieffer Moore, who has made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I see lots of positivity regarding this transfer window and I'm genuinely not looking to be negative, but these are my thoughts.

Turnbull - any better than we have? Can score from long range but little pace.
    Horvath - surely better than Runarsson, better than Alnwick?
    Wilson-Esbrand - an unknown quantity if we're honest. Fingers crossed.
    Diedhiou - probably better than Ugbo and Meite, but that's not difficult.
    Phillips - surely here for first team football, hope he's picked on merit and not because Liverpool want games from him.

I'm seeing stuff written about this being a fantastic transfer window. Losing the players we have has been one positive. Surely there's no-one out there who thinks we can bring in 5 players, with only one modest transfer fee, who will all be starters and make a positive difference? Transfer windows don't work like that. If that happens, give Bulut a 5 year deal and wage rises to all scouts and all who work in recruiting players.

I hope all our new signings play a part in rescuing our season and giving us a platform for next August. If the club, or anyone else, thinks it's a playoff capturing transfer window, then I don't share that positivity. Not even if we'd signed Kieffer Moore, who has made the right decision.
    Like others have said, Aaron Ramsey being in the squad for the Watford game is the best news of the day. And whilst I don't expect us to zoom up into play-off places, I believe there is enough quality in the new recruits to put a stop to our poor run of results.

I will be very surprised if Turnbull is no better than what we have. He's got an excellent goalscoring record for a midfielder and nobody makes 100 appearances for Celtic if they are a lame duck. Pace wise Whitts wasn't the quickest but he had an excellent footballing brain.

Diedhiou has got a proven record in the Championship and he will get goals for us.

My only regret is that we didn't get in a pacy skilful winger but hey ho you can't have everything. Taking everything into consideration I'm quite satisfied with the new signings.

We've improved on what we had but i can't see us pushing for a play off spot. Hopefully we'll survive in this league for another year and replace Bulut in the summer

I am happier today on the widnow than I was yesterday for a couple of reasons - one overall I think the quality has increased not massively but enough to justify the investment

Second and this is the big one for me - if we have sailed close to the FFP and had to adjust our budget accordingly then this is the most important aspect as there is no point pushing the boat out then facing a points deduction for FFP breaches

Lastly we have a manager who is only here until the summer at the moment and I assume none of these players were necessarily on his list or if so not very high up so if he is not here beyond the summer then any new manager coming in doesn't have a huge rebuild on his hands in terms of deadwood and recruitment as others have faced in recent years he is just left with new recruitment needed which might be easier - a bit like when Malky came in

My huge concern and this outweighs any positivity I might feel is I get less and less of a sense that the current leadership actually have a plan (people will jump in and say did they ever) - no obvious offer of a contract extension for the manager, late decision making on budgets in the transfer window etc etc and no Comms from the club on why for either of those questions

Maybe we don't have the right to know but soon they will be asking for us to part with money for next season and whilst I will as always hand it over for me and my son others may question why if there is no certainty of levels of investment in the playing and managerial staff or at basic level the direction the club wants to take

I remember under Slade having the opportunity to ask Dalman face to face if he was happy with the performance of the club on the pitch as we were being beaten quite easily at home against someone like Blackpool or bolton and out of the game by half time and he said no. It was towards the end of the season if memory serves me right and I had already coughed up my season ticket money and asked him why he thinks I should not regret it. He gave me the spiel re plans and strategies etc and apart from fluking and then messing up a promotion under Warnock I don't see any real difference from that day to this and for me that comes down to a lack of leadership

Do I want the leadership to go - no - not because I think they will get to right but because I don't think we will get anyone in to cover the costs the way it is at the moment - that seems to be the one benefit at the moment

Do I want Bulut to stay yes but I have a feeling he won't and we will be taking a step backwards again in the summer as a new manager comes in and tries to recruit and mange what he has inherited.

Anyway forgive the rambling but just my take on the window and my general feeling on the club at the moment

I am happier today on the widnow than I was yesterday for a couple of reasons - one overall I think the quality has increased not massively but enough to justify the investment

Second and this is the big one for me - if we have sailed close to the FFP and had to adjust our budget accordingly then this is the most important aspect as there is no point pushing the boat out then facing a points deduction for FFP breaches

Lastly we have a manager who is only here until the summer at the moment and I assume none of these players were necessarily on his list or if so not very high up so if he is not here beyond the summer then any new manager coming in doesn't have a huge rebuild on his hands in terms of deadwood and recruitment as others have faced in recent years he is just left with new recruitment needed which might be easier - a bit like when Malky came in

My huge concern and this outweighs any positivity I might feel is I get less and less of a sense that the current leadership actually have a plan (people will jump in and say did they ever) - no obvious offer of a contract extension for the manager, late decision making on budgets in the transfer window etc etc and no Comms from the club on why for either of those questions

Maybe we don't have the right to know but soon they will be asking for us to part with money for next season and whilst I will as always hand it over for me and my son others may question why if there is no certainty of levels of investment in the playing and managerial staff or at basic level the direction the club wants to take

I remember under Slade having the opportunity to ask Dalman face to face if he was happy with the performance of the club on the pitch as we were being beaten quite easily at home against someone like Blackpool or bolton and out of the game by half time and he said no. It was towards the end of the season if memory serves me right and I had already coughed up my season ticket money and asked him why he thinks I should not regret it. He gave me the spiel re plans and strategies etc and apart from fluking and then messing up a promotion under Warnock I don't see any real difference from that day to this and for me that comes down to a lack of leadership

Do I want the leadership to go - no - not because I think they will get to right but because I don't think we will get anyone in to cover the costs the way it is at the moment - that seems to be the one benefit at the moment

Do I want Bulut to stay yes but I have a feeling he won't and we will be taking a step backwards again in the summer as a new manager comes in and tries to recruit and mange what he has inherited.

Anyway forgive the rambling but just my take on the window and my general feeling on the club at the moment
    Most fans will blindly buy a season ticket regardless of what happens in the boardroom or on the pitch and they know that.

It’s the 3/4,000 floaters they need to convince. At the same time the floaters don’t care about budget issues ownership and to a certain extent what colour the football team they support plays in

Good post, I think the game you're referring to was Bolton which was played on an Easter Monday. The reason I remember it was that my brother ad his son chose it as the one game a season they used to come down from Birmingham to watch - we lost 3-0 and I can remember much of the post game conversation consisted of me apologising to them for having put them through it, I felt personally responsible.

It's worth remembering that home supporters have had to put up with three seasons of rubbish at Cardiff City Stadium and the signs since October are that it could well become four because we've been equally as bad lately. How they have managed to retain so many season ticket holders since the grounds opened up again after Covid is a mystery because, generally speaking, you have had to be someone who follows the club everywhere to see our best performances as they've invariably come in away matches.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Good post, I think the game you're referring to was Bolton which was played on an Easter Monday. The reason I remember it was that my brother ad his son chose it as the one game a season they used to come down from Birmingham to watch - we lost 3-0 and I can remember much of the post game conversation consisted of me apologising to them for having put them through it, I felt personally responsible.

It's worth remembering that home supporters have had to put up with three seasons of rubbish at Cardiff City Stadium and the signs since October are that it could well become four because we've been equally as bad lately. How they have managed to retain so many season ticket holders since the grounds opened up again after Covid is a mystery because, generally speaking, you have had to be someone who follows the club everywhere to see our best performances as they've invariably come in away matches.
    The amount of season tickets we have is poor really when you consider the size of the fan base and its reflective of home performances you’ve referenced.

Most championship teams have sold record numbers of season tickets ( probably because walk up prices are scandalous- even Preston have sold 11,990 ) so I’d say if we had a better team at home I’d hope we would sell around 16/17,000.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Thanks for clarifying the game - it was a sunny day that much I do remember and as for apologies I was born and bred in canton but my son was born in neath and some of his mates are jack's so I tend to apologise to him most seasons for his club as he could easily have been a jack if it wasn't for the influence of his old man 😂😂

As for your 2nd point I couldn't agree more and question my sanity (as does my wife) every season when I renew and handover my cash