+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    oh thats a shame
    Yeah, was hopeful that one could be good.

If we were actually in for him then lille's interest gives hope that we may be getting better at identifying some of these players.

Buying younger players with potential is surely the only way for clubs like ours to keep with FFP.

Alongside a functioning academy of course but this seems a little way off.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Bowler is not deadwood, along with Ugbo Rambo and Dowdy they looked very good against Leicester and the other early games.
    Bowler was talked about as an exciting prospect who will get the fans off their seats as he likes to run at defenders and beat them

If he is, he certainly hasn’t done much of that recently
    In fact along with Robinson I would say he’s been one of the biggest disappointments this season

International

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    Bowler was talked about as an exciting prospect who will get the fans off their seats as he likes to run at defenders and beat them

If he is, he certainly hasn’t done much of that recently
    In fact along with Robinson I would say he’s been one of the biggest disappointments this season
    Think back to Leicester and the early games when teams couldn't double up on him and cut out his runs inside. Then there were Ramesy and O'Dowda to worry about, with Grant, Cowlill, and no Strikers they mark Bowler out and keep him quiet. You could stick any right winger there, they would struggle with this forward line.

The other three positions need changing, I would keep Bowler in the team before the other three.

International

Think back to Leicester and the early games when teams couldn't double up on him and cut out his runs inside. Then there were Ramesy and O'Dowda to worry about, with Grant, Cowlill, and no Strikers they mark Bowler out and keep him quiet. You could stick any right winger there, they would struggle with this forward line.

The other three positions need changing, I would keep Bowler in the team before the other three.
    I meant to add, look how good Ugbo also looked early on, it's no coincidence that he and Bowler didn't look the same after we lost O'Dowda, and more importantly Rambo. The quicker they are back the better, and you watch results pick up significantly even without a Moore or Ilic.

I meant to add, look how good Ugbo also looked early on, it's no coincidence that he and Bowler didn't look the same after we lost O'Dowda, and more importantly Rambo. The quicker they are back the better, and you watch results pick up significantly even without a Moore or Ilic.
    You keep peddling this line about how much better we were with O Dowda and Ramsey yet the facts dont really stack up.

O Downda has only played 4 games this seaos - 1 win, 1 draw, 2 losses.

Ramsey has only played 2 more - 2 wins, 1 draw, 3 losses.

We werent exactly pulling up trees when either of them were playing the small number of games theyve played this season.

International

Some tough games though, where we played much better than we are now, Leicester and Leeds away, Swansea at home where Rambo shone, we were scoring back then but often conceding more and giving away leads.

The front four players looked better with O'Dowda and Rambo, I'm still confident they will make a big difference if they do ever come back. At the start of the season, people weren't saying Ugbo, Bowler and Tanner were rubbish and I think that's why.

Time will tell!

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Not too disappointed to be honest - seemed a very costly signing for a player without any record at any decent level
    For a player under 30 with a record at any decent level you pay quite a bit more… real disappointment IMO and think there’s a chance he goes on to be a very good player. Not hard to understand why he goes to a club in and around the European places though.

Bowler for me is the definition of mercurial winger, on his day in a good team completely unplayable and one of the best running at players I’ve seen, but hard to argue with the fact he’s been shite for months now. If he had any consistency and a bit more work rate he’d undoubtably be playing for Forest though, you are never going to get a complete player on loan. Don’t think how Bulut wants to play helps him either mind.

International

Paul Abbandonato
    @PaulAbbandonato
    I'm told Illic was never on for Cardiff City, but that they're trying to finalise a deal for an international striker from one of Europe's top leagues. No, soz I can't give name at this stage. B'mouth still playing hardball on Kieffer. Turnbull talks go on, watch for a winger too

Paul Abbandonato
    @PaulAbbandonato
    I'm told Illic was never on for Cardiff City, but that they're trying to finalise a deal for an international striker from one of Europe's top leagues. No, soz I can't give name at this stage. B'mouth still playing hardball on Kieffer. Turnbull talks go on, watch for a winger too
    The striker from a top European league could be kiefer and just a double bluff to boremuff playing hardball 😂😂

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    The striker from a top European league could be kiefer and just a double bluff to boremuff playing hardball ����
    Probably

He's saying Ilic was a bluff to get Moore too.

Tochi Chukwuani?

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/rea....php?nid=50304

There is great interest in Danish-Nigerian midfielder Tochi Chukwuani who has several concrete options shortly before the transfer window closes.

Chukwuani, a Denmark U21 international, has entered the last five months of his contract at Lyngby, meaning he can negotiate freely with interested clubs as from this month.

According to bold.dk, clubs such as Swansea City and Cardiff City are showing interest in the midfielder but an immediate transfer is unlikely to happen before the winter transfer window closes for business.

Chukwuani is seen as a young talent for the future and has been capped by Denmark at U16, U18, U19, U20 and U21 levels.

Lyngby were keen to tie him down to a new deal but the parties could not reach an agreement.

Due to his contract situation, Lyngby are hoping to sell him before the closing time of the transfer window, but it all depends on whether the Danish-Nigerian reaches an agreement with one of the interested clubs.

FC Midtjylland and Brondby are the Superliga clubs interested in signing Chukwuani, who has played in 44 games for Lyngby and has three goals and two assists to his name.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope they've got a big physio unit, what a waste of money, he spent 90% of his time on a physio table or the stadium bench.

I hope they've got a big physio unit, what a waste of money, he spent 90% of his time on a physio table or the stadium bench.
    I doubt he's planning to tear his pectoral muscle off the bone again in a freak injury any time soon.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt he's planning to tear his pectoral muscle off the bone again in a freak injury any time soon.

Aye he probably felt a right tit!

Be fair he's has one freak injury and not a lot of chances.

Lot of talk about Famara Diédhiou signing for us. Little bit underhwelming but you never know

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Lot of talk about Famara Diédhiou signing for us. Little bit underhwelming but you never know

The bloke is 31, why are we bothering with this during a rebuild. I'd rather us not sign anyone at all if this is all we can get this window.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post

The bloke is 31, why are we bothering with this during a rebuild. I'd rather us not sign anyone at all if this is all we can get this window.
    They are looking at a short-stop-gap loan, lets hope we still go for Moore or a decent alternative, can't be much worse than what we have to the end of the season.

They are looking at a short-stop-gap loan, lets hope we still go for Moore or a decent alternative, can't be much worse than what we have to the end of the season.
    Of course, but lets be honest barring a cataclysmic collapse, we won't get relegated. We will pick up the remaining points, unless we are signing players for the future (i.e Turnbull seems an exciting option) then this just smacks of desperation and unnecessary spending of wages. Just my opinion.

Much of the rumour mill sounds like desperation to me. Like SOME other posters I would rather give our youth players game time than 31 year old's still trying to make it. We are NOT going to get relegated even if we sign no-one else....so we should take the opportunity to blood the youngsters. Some will step up ad impress others will fall by the wayside...

International

Of course, but lets be honest barring a cataclysmic collapse, we won't get relegated. We will pick up the remaining points, unless we are signing players for the future (i.e Turnbull seems an exciting option) then this just smacks of desperation and unnecessary spending of wages. Just my opinion.
    Fair enough good point

Yep, let's stick with our current strike force of Etete, Meite, and Robinson, who've scored a combined total of 5 league goals this year.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Agree but I’ll judge him on how he does. We certainly need 2 strikers at least so let’s see.