+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Being reported in the Scottish press that we're paying Celtic £2m for Turnbull. Seems a lot. Maybe an initial sum rising to that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Didn't we play Leeds, Leicester and Ipswich away in that Ramsey period?
    Yes we had tough games and we were scoring with a new team still learning about each other, we were getting lots of chances and shots, he wasn't moaning about the team back then, he was enjoying the football, like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Is the Ilic deal dead then? Shirley still an option for a 2nd striker required, doesn’t this rule out a loan for Moore?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Shame. Our conversion rate on young signings is dismal. Can’t remember when we bought a youngster and sold them for a decent profit in the last decade.

New Midfielder From Celtic ?

Signed ?

Re: New Midfielder From Celtic ?

Nothing confirmed yet but press reports an hour ago said a David Turnbull deal is close.

Supposed to be a £2m fee.

Turnbull joined Celtic from Motherwell in 2020 for £3.5m

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nothing confirmed yet but press reports an hour ago said a David Turnbull deal is close.

Supposed to be a £2m fee.

Turnbull joined Celtic from Motherwell in 2020 for £3.5m
    I can't see Ramsay doing much for us now and wouldn't be surprised if he retires in the summer so new blood in midfield is vital

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Yes we had tough games and we were scoring with a new team still learning about each other, we were getting lots of chances and shots, he wasn't moaning about the team back then, he was enjoying the football, like the rest of us.
    Give me strength. O Dowda has barely featured this season and Ramsey hasn’t played since September 16th

We scored 2s and 3s and even a 4 in their absence and it didn’t really start going tits up until end of November. Some 11/12 weeks after they got injured.

You just haven’t got the facts to back up the nonsense that it all started to go wrong and we stopped scoring when they got injured.

Yes we will miss players of that quality, of course we will, but stop using them as an excuse for the last 8/9 weeks when for the 11/12 weeks after they got injured we were doing ok without them.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Give me strength. O Dowda has barely featured this season and Ramsey hasn’t played since September 16th

We scored 2s and 3s and even a 4 in their absence and it didn’t really start going tits up until end of November. Some 11/12 weeks after they got injured.

You just haven’t got the facts to back up the nonsense that it all started to go wrong and we stopped scoring when they got injured.

Yes we will miss players of that quality, of course we will, but stop using them as an excuse for the last 8/9 weeks when for the 11/12 weeks after they got injured we were doing ok without them.
    Personally, I see both sides of this. It's almost like "The Ramsey Effect" took a few weeks to wear off after his injury. The team still had the confidence and boost he provided, but since that's wained it's got worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I can't see Ramsay doing much for us now and wouldn't be surprised if he retires in the summer so new blood in midfield is vital
    He plans on playing next year

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    He plans on playing next year
    Injuries are elongating his career....

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Johnson View Post
    Personally, I see both sides of this. It's almost like "The Ramsey Effect" took a few weeks to wear off after his injury. The team still had the confidence and boost he provided, but since that's wained it's got worse and worse.
    Exactly how I see it, we were peaking at Swansea in my opinion, and that confidence carried them through a few more weeks.

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Actually that is a good point that they did carry forward some of the form for weeks after, as Eddie says that was built on a strong start and the Ramsey affect building confidence. The more recent period has got worse and worse as teams have sussed us out and learned they can stop us playing quite easily as the attacking midfield and Strikers are just not food enough. Add combinations of O'Dowda, Ramsey, Turnball and Bowler and Diedhiou and we will pick it back up for the run in.

International

Bulut has strengthened the Spine of the team Diedhiou, Turnbull, and Nat Phillips, which looks decent if it comes off for a January window.

Exactly how I see it, we were peaking at Swansea in my opinion, and that confidence carried them through a few more weeks.
    We were playing with 1 effective midfielder, Siopis, who was running the whole show. I think he saw the futility of it - Wintle, Ralls, Colwill, Bowler. He was doing more than that lot combined..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    We were playing with 1 effective midfielder, Siopis, who was running the whole show. I think he saw the futility of it - Wintle, Ralls, Colwill, Bowler. He was doing more than that lot combined..
    that doesn't bear any resemblance to any of the matches I've seen this season

Horvath from notts forest on his way??? According to the telegraph ??
    Runnarson in his way back to arsenal as a result ??

Bournemouth bringing a striker in on loan according to sky?? Not sure we will go for Moore now unless other wages are lost?? Who knows - not for that's for sure 👍👍

Ethan Horvath deal on - with Runarsson returning to Arsenal?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...orest-medical/

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/02/01/...ne-day/635212/

A loan for a loan? Means the 5 matchday slots are still filled.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Bournemouth bringing a striker in on loan according to sky?? Not sure we will go for Moore now unless other wages are lost?? Who knows - not for that's for sure ����
    I think the Died was instead of Moore as it looked like we wouldn't get him, so he's probably gone now, especially with Horvath as a loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Bournemouth bringing a striker in on loan according to sky?? Not sure we will go for Moore now unless other wages are lost?? Who knows - not for that's for sure ����
    Bournemouth confirm that Moore has travelled to London for their game at West Ham tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    that doesn't bear any resemblance to any of the matches I've seen this season
    Opinions. He ran himself into the ground for the half dozen or so games after Ramsey was injured, then his form dropped right off.

I think the Died was instead of Moore as it looked like we wouldn't get him, so he's probably gone now, especially with Horvath as a loan.
    Is horvath a loan? Didn't know that thought we were buying - too much going on for my little brain and old brain to cope with 😭

International

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Opinions. He ran himself into the ground for the half dozen or so games after Ramsey was injured, then his form dropped right off.
    He made a huge difference when he first arrived and lifted everyone around him, his drop-off in form has affected us badly that's true.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ethan Horvath deal on - with Runarsson returning to Arsenal?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ca...orest-medical/

https://insidefutbol.com/2024/02/01/...ne-day/635212/

A loan for a loan? Means the 5 matchday slots are still filled.
    Wales online is saying Hovarth is permanent if Arsenal agrees to us cutting Runar loan deal short and hinting that would leave a loan slot for Moore.

Can't see Moore myself.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...ngham-28548852