+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Lack of rumours - The rumour thread

Re: Lack of rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    even if we somehow scrape into it there would be a couple of teams that are clearly better than us in there.
    not worth gambling on it this season imo
    3 cups finals, anything can happen

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    3 cups finals, anything can happen
    This is arguably my biggest issue with this season. Some fans think we can make the playoffs, when the reality is we're shit and nowhere near the standard of the current top 5. I don't blame Bulut for this, it's been years in the making. We overachieved for the first couple of months and now we've been found out. Our only current hope is keeping things tight defensively and pinching goals from set pieces. That tactic will only go one way, and it's not upwards.

Let's write off this season and make it one where we build towards 2024/25.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    This is arguably my biggest issue with this season. Some fans think we can make the playoffs, when the reality is we're shit and nowhere near the standard of the current top 5. I don't blame Bulut for this, it's been years in the making. We overachieved for the first couple of months and now we've been found out. Our only current hope is keeping things tight defensively and pinching goals from set pieces. That tactic will only go one way, and it's not upwards.

Let's write off this season and make it one where we build towards 2024/25.
    And if we do that you will be first in line having a go at the manager and the club for the results next season and for not having the bottle to go for it as we stand now

even if we somehow scrape into it there would be a couple of teams that are clearly better than us in there.
    not worth gambling on it this season imo
    If we sign a few new faces and pick up form and are sniffing around the play off places

Then that's not really gambling anything at all

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    And if we do that you will be first in line having a go at the manager and the club for the results next season and for not having the bottle to go for it as we stand now
    Lost me completely, here.

I'm not expecting us to "go for it" this season. I've lost count of the times I've said I think we've overachieved this season, certainly the opening 3 months. I'm not particularly expecting us to "go for it" next season, unless Tan decides to spend.

What cannot be denied is that we're in a big slump that the manager and players seem unable to solve.

We are lucky there are 4 really bad sides in the divison otherwise we could easily get caught up in a relegation battle.

I think its more likely we will finish around 18th/19th/20th than it is 6th/7th/8th.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If we sign a few new faces and pick up form and are sniffing around the play off places

Then that's not really gambling anything at all
    if we spunk a few million on some 30year olds from turkey only to be outclassed in the playoffs or not even get there it would be a mistake, that isn't building anything for the future.
    if we aren't going up this season (and we aren't) we should be seeing how best we can bring the younger players through

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    We are lucky there are 4 really bad sides in the divison otherwise we could easily get caught up in a relegation battle.

I think its more likely we will finish around 18th/19th/20th than it is 6th/7th/8th.
    Totally agree. Some seem to think we're a couple of players away from the playoffs.

Totally agree. Some seem to think we're a couple of players away from the playoffs.
    it's the championship, every club is potentially a couple of players away from the playoffs.

I think we are, problem is those couple of players are Haaland and Bellingham!

International

A couple of players away from a top ten finish, Ramsey and O'Dowda, but will they ever play again, it's another few weeks, every few weeks............

it's the championship, every club is potentially a couple of players away from the playoffs.
    we are in a slump, our form isnt great ( the the league does have worse teams for form ), but we stick together a tidy run and we are in the mix, we are 13th, but only 3 points from 6th, I know city fans by nature and pesermistic, but the table speaks for itself

from 20 upwards, a good run of wins in and you are in the play-offs, thats the trouble with this League,

If we get Ramsey fit, a striker and a centre mid, we will get top half. Everyone is 3/4 good players away

Even though we're in a bit of a slump, we still haven't gone more than 3 games in a row without winning a game this season. If that form is maintained I can see us finishing in about 13th or 14th quite comfortably.

Towards the end of last week I counted 19 incoming transfers in the championship so suspect there is still a lot of business left to do and for us that means we have plenty time left to be even more disappointed by the end of the window than we are now!!!!

Scott Twine to Bristol??

Apparently we've just appointed a new head of scouting.
    Maybe not the best timing, but there's still 16 days of the transfer window left!

https://twitter.com/ZoryaLondonsk/st...15609739190366

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Apparently we've just appointed a new head of scouting.
    Maybe not the best timing, but there's still 16 days of the transfer window left!

https://twitter.com/ZoryaLondonsk/st...15609739190366
    Wonder if Bulut was involved in this appointment you would hope so.

It might be good for someone from the hierarchy to make a comment or statement to calm the nerves??

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

It might be good for someone from the hierarchy to make a comment or statement to calm the nerves??
    personally I think the greater the separation between recruitment and management/coaching the better

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post

What would the statement be in aid of? We are hardly in the relegation zone and Buluts got until the end of the season to earn himself more time. However, I would say, going through the media and having a moan about your contract situation is probably not the best way to go about getting an extension, especially wiht someone like Tan.

Too many times in the past we have handed out longer deals to managers just because they hit a purple patch so the club have obviously learned some lessons.

Bulut is hardly pulling up trees that he needs to be tied down asap.

What would the statement be in aid of? We are hardly in the relegation zone and Buluts got until the end of the season to earn himself more time. However, I would say, going through the media and having a moan about your contract situation is probably not the best way to go about getting an extension, especially wiht someone like Tan.

Too many times in the past we have handed out longer deals to managers just because they hit a purple patch so the club have obviously learned some lessons.

Can't argue with that Mr H. If he does nothing else this season, Bulut needs to prove to the board that he has the motivational skills to get the team performing again and get the crowd on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    Can't argue with that Mr H. If he does nothing else this season, Bulut needs to prove to the board that he has the motivational skills to get the team performing again and get the crowd on his side.
    Exactly. Moaning about your contract running out when you are in poor form and just had a few whallopings is just plain daft. The time to start making noises about an extenstion is when you are on a good run!!

International

Exactly. Moaning about your contract running out when you are in poor form and just had a few whallopings is just plain daft. The time to start making noises about an extenstion is when you are on a good run!!
    Yep good point, Let's see how he reacts to pressure and a run of underperformance, he's got a Jan window and players coming back, can he turn things back around?

It is bizarre. We can’t buy a win and he’s kicking off about wanting a new deal. We’ve got loads of time to sort out if he deserves a new deal and there won’t be a queue of clubs asking for his services at present.