+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Queens Park Rangers matches.

Seven decades of Cardiff City v Queens Park Rangers matches.

Re: Seven decades of Cardiff City v Queens Park Rangers matches.

20s. Grounds where Sinclair Armstrong has scored.

60s Ian Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    20s. Grounds where Sinclair Armstrong has scored.
    Well done, I thought that was a very tough one, he’s dominated our central defenders in two of the last three meetings between the clubs, but his goal scoring record is appalling, even worse then I thought it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rontomuk View Post
    60s Ian Morgan
    Correct.

80s Simon stainrod

80s Simon stainrod
    Yes.

10s Junior Hoilet, Brian Murphy, Armand Traore, Gary O'Neil, Steve Caulker, Fabio,

10s Junior Hoilet, Brian Murphy, Armand Traore, Gary O'Neil, Steve Caulker, Fabio,
    You’ve got four of the six names I had. Steven Caulker was with us for the 13/14 season and Fabio was on loan to QPR during 12/13 - he returned to Man United for the start of the 13/14 campaign. One of the two players I’ve got in the answer was with QPR for 13/14 pre season training but left before competitive fixtures started - he’d played for City before that, while the other one was to play for us on loan after he left QPR.

70s Ernie Howe

90s Steve Morrow

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You’ve got four of the six names I had. Steven Caulker was with us for the 13/14 season and Fabio was on loan to QPR during 12/13 - he returned to Man United for the start of the 13/14 campaign. One of the two players I’ve got in the answer was with QPR for 13/14 pre season training but left before competitive fixtures started - he’d played for City before that, while the other one was to play for us on loan after he left QPR.
    The only other one I can think of is Ravel Morrison I did think it was Andy Johnson because his son plays for our u21but when I checked he never played for us

00s Lee Cook

70s Ernie Howe

90s Steve Morrow
    Both correct.

The only other one I can think of is Ravel Morrison I did think it was Andy Johnson because his son plays for our u21but when I checked he never played for us
    Morrison is tight, the other one I had was Jay Bothroyd, but, after a bit more research, I’m not sure now if he left when his contract ran out on 30 June, so I’ll probably but something on the answer saying it was only five.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    00s Lee Cook
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Well done, I thought that was a very tough one, he’s dominated our central defenders in two of the last three meetings between the clubs, but his goal scoring record is appalling, even worse then I thought it was.
    It is incredible, yes. One goal in 43 appearances for QPR (and didn't O'Dowda fall asleep to give him that one?). He absolutely bullied our under-21s (Benjamin included) a couple of years ago and I was certain I'd seen a future star that night but you just never know how a career will progress, as with Jephcott who came up last week.

Are strikers more vulnerable to this kind of thing or am I generalising here? I see Dan Griffiths has got one goal in 14 appearances for Penybont this season. Did either of us see that coming when he was banging them in for the Academy a few years back?

It is incredible, yes. One goal in 43 appearances for QPR (and didn't O'Dowda fall asleep to give him that one?). He absolutely bullied our under-21s (Benjamin included) a couple of years ago and I was certain I'd seen a future star that night but you just never know how a career will progress, as with Jephcott who came up last week.

Are strikers more vulnerable to this kind of thing or am I generalising here? I see Dan Griffiths has got one goal in 14 appearances for Penybont this season. Did either of us see that coming when he was banging them in for the Academy a few years back?
    It’s easyto get carried away when watching youngsters play, but I genuinely did think that Griffiths would play league football for us. Regarding Armstrong, I can imagine him being devastating in youth football because he is so big, but he was too big for our first team centre backs at their place last season and here in August - Goetas said about three months ago that he was the striker who’d caused him the most problems.