+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    This is a weird game, Ashford on now...and why not
    Thank god we sacked Simpson, imagine the puns....

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Thank god we sacked Simpson, imagine the puns....
    But we might have looked solid tho

How did Robinson miss that.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sure, can't blame the formation for missing 2 penalties. I'm not blaming the setup for the score, just questioning the point of these ridiculous formations we play in the cups that bare no resemblance to what we play in a league game. Same for some selections. If you really wanted to see what someone could do, wouldn't you play them in the position they'd play in the league? Say Tanner had a worldie game at wing back, so what? We don't play with wing backs and we certainly won't change the shape so Tanner could play there. Bulut clearly doesn't rate Sawyers & Rinomhota, why play them then?

Same goes for when the youngsters inevitably come on. If you're serious about incorporating them into the side then surely it would be more beneficial to see how they do in the formation and roles we actually play with in league games?

Whole thing is bizarre and a waste of time. Surely something like this makes more sense?

Alnwick
    Ng Benjamin McGuinness Giles
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

A blend of first teamers, fringe players and youngsters in the shape we actually play to see what the youngsters can do, you know what most normal clubs do
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    How did Robinson miss that.
    All he had to do was let it hit him!

Joel Colwill on for Xavier Benjamin

We now have 0 centre backs on the pitch. Total football!
    The Anti Mick

We've played way better in this match than we did in the recent league game yet somehow getting gubbed this time

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    We've played way better in this match than we did in the recent league game yet somehow getting gubbed this time
    I agree,,,,

10 years and counting since we made it past the 4th round.

According to Jason Perry, Aaron Ramsey has just passed the ball to Kieran Ashford

Another wasted chance...Ashford should have scored his first there....

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Might as well ring some changes early and let them get some experience...cannot do much worse.
    You are the most miserable sod that’s ever graced a matchday thread.

I just had to log in to say that.

You are a huge grey cloud, ready to piss down all over the matchday thread with a guaranteed 15 thingy posts, half of them rushed with some need to be first with any meant update you’ve got.

Honestly, if your life away from here is as good as you make out, with a wonderful wife and kids, why oh why do you come here and just whinge in these threads?

To answer your inevitable response in return, I usually whinged on here when I had something shot going on in my life and it was an easy escape, but you live in France, comfortably it seems, with a lovely young family. Give it a ****ing rest

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    I agree,,,,
    So it's true then, winning ugly is better than losing pretty....

Sure, can't blame the formation for missing 2 penalties. I'm not blaming the setup for the score, just questioning the point of these ridiculous formations we play in the cups that bare no resemblance to what we play in a league game. Same for some selections. If you really wanted to see what someone could do, wouldn't you play them in the position they'd play in the league? Say Tanner had a worldie game at wing back, so what? We don't play with wing backs and we certainly won't change the shape so Tanner could play there. Bulut clearly doesn't rate Sawyers & Rinomhota, why play them then?

Same goes for when the youngsters inevitably come on. If you're serious about incorporating them into the side then surely it would be more beneficial to see how they do in the formation and roles we actually play with in league games?

Whole thing is bizarre and a waste of time. Surely something like this makes more sense?

Alnwick
    Ng Benjamin McGuinness Giles
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

A blend of first teamers, fringe players and youngsters in the shape we actually play to see what the youngsters can do, you know what most normal clubs do
    McGuinness and Romeo are ill, so our hands are tied somewhat, not that I disagree with most of what you said

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You are the most miserable sod that’s ever graced a matchday thread.

I just had to log in to say that.

You are a huge grey cloud, ready to piss down all over the matchday thread with a guaranteed 15 thingy posts, half of them rushed with some need to be first with any meant update you’ve got.

Honestly, if your life away from here is as good as you make out, with a wonderful wife and kids, why oh why do you come here and just whinge in these threads?

To answer your inevitable response in return, I usually whinged on here when I had something shot going on in my life and it was an easy escape, but you live in France, comfortably it seems, with a lovely young family. Give it a ****ing rest
    I shall stay silent in all my contributions....

If I’d have just come in, didn’t know the score and just started watching..........................I’m straw clutching, aren’t I?

How we've not scored five or six is baffling.

Almost double Wednesday's attempts on goal and shots on target. Baffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    How we've not scored five or six is baffling.
    We’ve had 21 shots, 9 on target . Problem is none of our players have been able to kick the ball very hard, especially from the penalty spot

Bunch of bottlers in front of goal

4-0

4-0
    We must have battered them on xG though…..

Lol. How!? just how? even some of the fringe players will earn more in a month than I will in a year. Joke

Baffling starting line up cost us. Tanner isn't a left back. And not sure what Xavier starters at right back.

Sawyers has no legs in him. Robinson and Bowler are not good enough and Etete needs to toughen up if he wants to be a striker in this league.

Based on what I've seen Joel Colwill and Ashford should be involved in the squad more. They looked comfortable against senior opposition.

At least Kieffer scored!