+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Come on, this is on the players.
    Sure, can't blame the formation for missing 2 penalties. I'm not blaming the setup for the score, just questioning the point of these ridiculous formations we play in the cups that bare no resemblance to what we play in a league game. Same for some selections. If you really wanted to see what someone could do, wouldn't you play them in the position they'd play in the league? Say Tanner had a worldie game at wing back, so what? We don't play with wing backs and we certainly won't change the shape so Tanner could play there. Bulut clearly doesn't rate Sawyers & Rinomhota, why play them then?

Same goes for when the youngsters inevitably come on. If you're serious about incorporating them into the side then surely it would be more beneficial to see how they do in the formation and roles we actually play with in league games?

Whole thing is bizarre and a waste of time. Surely something like this makes more sense?

Alnwick
    Ng Benjamin McGuinness Giles
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

A blend of first teamers, fringe players and youngsters in the shape we actually play to see what the youngsters can do, you know what most normal clubs do

Yup. And it's down to individuals not doing their jobs properly. I'm on the fence over Bulut, but watch the excuses flow. formation, so and so wasn't given the ball in the exact place he likes it, Poor ollie has to track back, it's not fair. this is on the players. hopefully there's a reaction, our midfield is all over the place, no shape.
    thats the thing, and what gets me is this is a game during the transfer window, you either want to put yourself in the window if you want out or you make yourself look that bad you may still find a way out but not on a positive note...

all im seeing is jokers all over the pitch

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Bizarrely we’ve created some very good chances and could be still be in the game, if we could actually score
    I was thinking that! We have actually passed the ball around in the final third and created a number of decent chances. From open play!!!

But we are 3-0 :-(

No excuses if you miss TWO penalties though.

Colwill should have scored at the end of the half.
    Apart from the pens, we should have scored 2 or 3. Our attacking players seem to lack conviction in shooting, perhaps because they get so few opportunities in most other matches.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Sure, can't blame the formation for missing 2 penalties. I'm not blaming the setup for the score, just questioning the point of these ridiculous formations we play in the cups that bare no resemblance to what we play in a league game. Same for some selections. If you really wanted to see what someone could do, wouldn't you play them in the position they'd play in the league? Say Tanner had a worldie game at wing back, so what? We don't play with wing backs and we certainly won't change the shape so Tanner could play there. Bulut clearly doesn't rate Sawyers & Rinomhota, why play them then?

Same goes for when the youngsters inevitably come on. If you're serious about incorporating them into the side then surely it would be more beneficial to see how they do in the formation and roles we actually play with in league games?

Whole thing is bizarre and a waste of time. Surely something like this makes more sense?

Alnwick
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

A blend of first teamers, fringe players and youngsters in the shape we actually play to see what the youngsters can do, you know what most normal clubs do
    You've answered the issue for yourself.

We aren't and never will be a normal club.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetFA View Post
    At least we won't have to worry if any new signings are cup-tied. I feel sorry for Benjamin, he looks totally overawed.
    I don't think so as part of a wide open defence....he's been ok mostly.

It’s so strange, there’s so much emphasis on what we do without the ball in league matches and none at all in Cup games

I’ve just backed the draw at 50/1 and a Cardiff WIN @275/1 for an interest ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnysideup View Post
    I’ve just backed the draw at 50/1 and a Cardiff WIN @275/1 for an interest ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️
    Oh my...aren't you the optimist...!!!

Might as well ring some changes early and let them get some experience...cannot do much worse.

Is it any surprise when we start the game with just one defender! I know Benjamin is a defender for the U21s but he’s out wide yet is a centre half, he looks completely lost! We’ve created plenty of opportunities but don’t look like scoring and they look like scoring from every attack, Alnwick has made 2 good saves in the first half too .

Also what’s happened to Robinson, he was a shining light in our side when we were struggling last season but looks a shadow of that player now

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Oh my...aren't you the optimist...!!!
    Someone's got to be and let's be honest we are overrun with pessimists on this board

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    You've answered the issue for yourself.

We aren't and never will be a normal club.

Good point.

I feel a bit sorry for those selected as that's no way to set up a defensive unit. We may have gotten away with it in the league cup at Brum but it failed miserably at Blackburn and again here.

It's like we are trying to play ange ball but without much attacking intent.

Joel Colwill on for Xavier Benjamin

We now have 0 centre backs on the pitch. Total football!

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    I feel a bit sorry for those selected as that's no way to set up a defensive unit. We may have gotten away with it in the league cup at Brum but it failed miserably at Blackburn and again here.

It's like we are trying to play ange ball but without much attacking intent.
    Precisely.

i dont care if we win this 3-4 this is a shit show

sawers **** me, get out of our ****ing club you clown, take him off dont even give him a bath straight out the club into a cab and go anywhere other back to cardiff

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    No second, didn't type fast enough before we'd conceded again.

Oh well, always next year.
    Agreed. It was pathetic.

Stupid yellow for Bowler...does he not know that will happen this season>

Alnwick
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

Fair enough, Apologies, I got the wrong end of the stick. I actually agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by bluemoon View Post
    i dont care if we win this 3-4 this is a shit show

sawers **** me, get out of our ****ing club you clown, take him off dont even give him a bath straight out the club into a cab and go anywhere other back to cardiff
    So if we concede no further goals, score 4 in 45 minutes and end up in the hat for the 4th round, you will see that as a negative outcome?

Alnwick
    Wintle J.Colwill
    Robinson R.Colwill Evans
    Etete

Totally agree, it’s just bizarre.

Still say we've looked ok in approach work....just (as usual) the finishing touch.

This is a weird game, Ashford on now...and why not

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Still say we've looked ok in approach work....just (as usual) the finishing touch.
    sheffield wednesday haven't really been concerned about defending.