+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: FT: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 4 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

XG winners. Get in there!

Never a 4 - 0 game. Just ridiculous

They scored two worldies, an o.g. and a late counter.

We had loads of great chances, missed two penalties and found their goal a force field.

Bananas

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluebirds17 View Post
    Baffling starting line up cost us. Tanner isn't a left back. And not sure what Xavier starters at right back.

Sawyers has no legs in him. Robinson and Bowler are not good enough and Etete needs to toughen up if he wants to be a striker in this league.

Based on what I've seen Joel Colwill and Ashford should be involved in the squad more. They looked comfortable against senior opposition.
    How the fcuk did we lose that,Robinson is shit.
    Give the youngsters a go.

what a bizarre game

speechless

22 efforts at goal. How we ended up with nil is just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    It must be bad luck.....

Re: SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    How the fcuk did we lose that,Robinson is shit.
    Give the youngsters a go.
    Robinson should be sacked!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Shots on target

Shots off target

Blocked Shots

Possession (%)

Get a grip Michael, they beat us easily

I watched 15 mins in between stuff I had to do, can we just agree that Tanner was poor but with some good coaching might one day be a decent left back with the attacking option to his game and that Sawyers will find employment outside the game of football pretty soon, how did the other 75 mins go?

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post
    Shots on target

Shots off target

Blocked Shots

Possession (%)

Get a grip Michael, they beat us easily
    somebody didnt watch the match..but stared at the stats table lol..

we were smashing them imo. Our attacks looked hella dangerous and on another day their luck doesnt keep running and our shots fly in and the likes of the above are singing from the roof tops.

considering we had sawyers and rinomota in midfield..id say the amount of threat we caused is a mini miracle by our forwards.

also Ashford and J.Cowill looked very impressive for youngsters. R.Cowill was sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    somebody didnt watch the match..but stared at the stats table lol..

we were smashing them imo. Our attacks looked hella dangerous and on another day their luck doesnt keep running and our shots fly in and the likes of the above are singing from the roof tops.

considering we had sawyers and rinomota in midfield..id say the amount of threat we caused is a mini miracle by our forwards.

also Ashford and J.Cowill looked very impressive for youngsters. R.Cowill was sublime.
    That might be a bit strong but for the first time In many matches, I thought City had the better footballers. Some of our first touches and passing was a joy to watch. It's frustrating to go out of the fa cup so early yet again- we're not going up and should have enough points in the bank to stave off relegation, so this was a great opportunity to have a run in the cup- but tonight was just one of those games. Result aside, I actually enjoyed it more than most of the City games I've seen this season and last.

I’ll be honest didn’t watch it, sounds like we played some good stuff while also being completely hopeless.

Would have liked to have progressed but not concerned we didn’t. Glad we rested some key players. Hopefully Ramsey and ODowda to come back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I’ll be honest didn’t watch it, sounds like we played some good stuff while also being completely hopeless.

Would have liked to have progressed but not concerned we didn’t. Glad we rested some key players. Hopefully Ramsey and ODowda to come back soon.
    The bits of the match I watched we looked like a pub team with a hangover

Quote Originally Posted by pipster View Post
    The bits of the match I watched we looked like a pub team with a hangover
    If Blooburd can say something positive then it can’t have been to bad.

Didn't get any of the game, sounds like the performance doesn't match the scoreline but these cup lineups don't make much sense from my perspective... surely there's more value in seeing younger players step up and play in their usual positions in the usual formation rather than whatever he gets from seeing if Adams or Rinomhota can play out of position? Why is Sawyers anywhere near the lineup when he's been on his way out of the club for months?

Not saying it's the wrong decision to rest some of the regulars, but that's 3 cup games in a row now it seems like our team sheet has come out of a random number generator. Seems like we don't care about the cup, then plays Ng for 90 minutes who has played as much football as anyone and is arguably our second or third most important player. Just don't really understand what the coherent approach is, oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Bluebird View Post
    Didn't get any of the game, sounds like the performance doesn't match the scoreline but these cup lineups don't make much sense from my perspective... surely there's more value in seeing younger players step up and play in their usual positions in the usual formation rather than whatever he gets from seeing if Adams or Rinomhota can play out of position? Why is Sawyers anywhere near the lineup when he's been on his way out of the club for months?

Not saying it's the wrong decision to rest some of the regulars, but that's 3 cup games in a row now it seems like our team sheet has come out of a random number generator. Seems like we don't care about the cup, then plays Ng for 90 minutes who has played as much football as anyone and is arguably our second or third most important player. Just don't really understand what the coherent approach is, oh well.
    I think the illness in the squad probably had a part to play in the line up as well

I listened to it on the Radio while making some chicken kebabs. Jason Perry did suggest that we were looking to be more positive going forward, got players further forward than we often do and were looking to create chances, particularly in the second half. I suppose at 3-0 down, the opposition will relax a bit and that naturally happens, but if we can take that out of the game, get players forward more often and stop being so defensive, we have half a chance. By all accounts we managed a few really good attacking moves and some of the youngsters got game time and did their chances no harm at all. Perhaps if we had some centre backs in reserve we might not have been like a sieve at the back.

It happens. It wasn’t a 4-0 loss performance

Really strange game to sum up but if we played like that regularly I think we would be quite happy. Good football, forward looking and pretty skilful at times. The weaknesses at the back didn’t help but everything Wednesday hit went in. Our attack meanwhile wouldn’t have scored if the opposition had trooped off and watched from the sidelines and you can’t hope to win without finishers.
    Last edited by Dave Blue; 06-01-24 at 21:27. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    We've had a couple of games recently that probably weren't 2-1 win performances, but that's football. The irony of this is we took our chances when we needed to and were defensively resolute. Today we were the total opposite!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    We've had a couple of games recently that probably weren't 2-1 win performances, but that's football. The irony of this is we took our chances when we needed to and were defensively resolute. Today we were the total opposite!
    Unfortunately maybe that’s why we set up more defensive and rely on set plays? We just don’t have the players.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    Unfortunately maybe that’s why we set up more defensive and rely on set plays? We just don’t have the players.
    It's boring, though. Most fans on here haven't been enjoying our performances. I've lots of City fans as friends and they all pretty much say the same. We didn't have any issues earlier in the season, even without Ramsey. That's what I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Really strange game to sum up but if we played like that regularly I think we would be quite happy. Good football, forward looking and pretty skilful at times. The weaknesses at the back didn’t help but everything Wednesday hit went in. Our attack meanwhile wouldn’t have scored if the opposition had trooped off and watched from the sidelines and you can’t hope to win without finishers.
    If we played like that regularly then it would have to be against a team (Wednesday) who decided to take the night off from defending, got forward, left space, played like they didn't give a shit (I doubt they did) That's why we had so many chances. I don't blieve it was a good performance, Jeez, we were handed it on a plate and still ****ed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    What does that even mean... You don't play great and lose 4-0 . I can accept 1-0 and a bit of bad luck. But we missed TWO PELANTY's

Even at 1-0 down and having missed two penalties I still thought we were going to batter them. I still think we easily outplayed them. We lack composure in the final 3rd and neither Robinson nor Etete are fit for this level. Or the Football League judging by today's showing. Players getting opportunities like they had today should be burying a couple each.

Maybe Wednesday just knew we wouldn't score.