+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Uninspiring signings predictions

Uninspiring signings predictions

I reckon we'll end up signing cheap/free players this window just to stabilise the club and maybe have a proper go in the summer, once a lot of the deadwood have departed. It's a lot to expect Bulut to take us up this season and with the French court case up in the air then mid-table stability may be the aim for Uncle Vinnie.

Re: Uninspiring signings predictions

I don't I think so and it's unfair to judge VT, he has brought a lot to our club, good and bad, but has been loyal.

Bit of a Catch-22 for the club, this window. Us supporters want money spent, decent new faces, deadwood cleared out etc. I s’pose the sensible way though, given our relative safe position (tempting fate ), is to add a few cheapies with potential, ship out a few if possible in readiness for a big push this summer. Never straightforward down the City is it?

Mid season windows are never the best, as those players available are either not playing, or playing at a lower level and may be tempted to sign for a club further up.
    I'm not expecting too much now but hopefully a more ambitious window in the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I don't I think so and it's unfair to judge VT, he has brought a lot to our club, good and bad, but has been loyal.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you, but can't see how your comments relate to my post? Apart from the red debacle he's done OK, especially bearing in mind some managers have taken the piss financially.

I’ve seen some people on X with predictions of 6-9m on fees, bonkers.

I think Moore will come on loan and we may see a decent fee 1/2m on one player that will be it. There is little value in January. I think we will improve the squad tho.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

I think Moore will come on loan and we may see a decent fee 1/2m on one player that will be it. There is little value in January. I think we will improve the squad tho.
    There's value hoovering up players who will be on frees in the summer, or players that are unwanted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post

Yep, we won't be spending much.

I make it that we've brought in 8 players since last season. Ramsey is the star signing and it'll be great when he's back, though we have got results and looked ok without him (initially at least). Goutas and Siopis have done well. Grant has improved and is probably our most important forward player. The other 4 have been hit and miss at best. Bowler has gone backwards. Runarsson is a poor 2nd choice. We've rarely seen Panzo and Meite isn't up to much.

If we keep up a 50% success rate, we'll need 6 signings to improve 3 positions. Spending a bit of money also doesn't guarantee anything.

I've not seen us play much this season.

Does Moore fit into how we want to play?

I'm not a massive fan but he's ok at this level.

I think Bulut has to keep building window by window, a few now, then a few more in the summer, rather than mass signings in the summer, which I can’t see VT sanctioning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yep, we won't be spending much.

I make it that we've brought in 8 players since last season. Ramsey is the star signing and it'll be great when he's back, though we have got results and looked ok without him (initially at least). Goutas and Siopis have done well. Grant has improved and is probably our most important forward player. The other 4 have been hit and miss at best. Bowler has gone backwards. Runarsson is a poor 2nd choice. We've rarely seen Panzo and Meite isn't up to much.

If we keep up a 50% success rate, we'll need 6 signings to improve 3 positions. Spending a bit of money also doesn't guarantee anything.
    The market not paying any fees is very limited, I’m sure even in January being able to offer small fees or loan fees opens it up a lot. I was surprised at the quality of players we brought in during the summer, I’d have thought most would have needed some kind of loan fee. I think we did well in the summer considering.

January is hard but there are always options and a few decent signs to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I reckon we'll end up signing cheap/free players this window just to stabilise the club and maybe have a proper go in the summer, once a lot of the deadwood have departed. It's a lot to expect Bulut to take us up this season and with the French court case up in the air then mid-table stability may be the aim for Uncle Vinnie.
    After last season mid table would be an improvement.
    Of course we would take it if it happened but we are nowhere near being good enough to be promoted

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    There's value hoovering up players who will be on frees in the summer, or players that are unwanted.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    I've not seen us play much this season.

Does Moore fit into how we want to play?

I'm not a massive fan but he's ok at this level.
    Like the previous time he was here, he would not receive a decent supply and with his face to goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Like the previous time he was here, he would not receive a decent supply and with his face to goal.
    when we had Harry Wilson here as well he had a great season, the following season we barely created anything and everyone said he was sulking and disinterested

I think we need to show intent during this window, if nothing else to prove to Bulut that the club's ambitions meet his own. Two quality signings in attacking positions should be enough to show him the club means business.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    I think we need to show intent during this window, if nothing else to prove to Bulut that the club's ambitions meet his own. Two quality signings in attacking positions should be enough to show him the club means business.
    That's a fair point.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Has Bulut traveled to Turkey? Perhaps trying to sell the dream Mano a Mano

I’m a pint half full person. I’m thinking there will be two signings from Bulut’s previous clubs and possibly two from UK clubs. Loans or transfers as long as the players incoming improve our competitiveness

But as Mehmet said ‘We must balance the books’ so let’s not carried away by unsubstantiated speculation.

I think the summer window will allow us to get a better idea of what transfers are possible

Quote Originally Posted by Moodybluebird View Post
    What we haven't mentioned is that Bulut expects a certain level/number of signings and if he doesn't get them then may well consider his position ......

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    What we haven't mentioned is that Bulut expects a certain level/number of signings and if he doesn't get them then may well consider his position ......
    Managers will always over-state their requirements in the knowledge that they will never get exactly what they want. He knows that to build a team will take more than a couple of transfer windows.

As I said, a couple of quality attacking players will probably be enough to prove to him that the club's ambitions are in step with his.